Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    First of all, you cannot ask for peoples binds, since its never the same. Second of all, people "missclicking" a naga bind, must be beyond inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G600 is everything a NAGA wishes it could be

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Just continue doing your rotation with a mouse. Let me know if you ever get any wol ranks
    23 of them atm on my current char, admittedly nothing from the current tier as I'm still progressing and I'd rather get kills than pad meters. I really wish people wouldn't bash something because it doesn't work for them though. It's like clickers all over again saying they can't get used to keybinding. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I'd rather get kills than pad meters.
    Oh silly silly you...
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Just continue doing your rotation with a mouse. Let me know if you ever get any wol ranks

My bro uses his naga for rotation, along with keyboard binds too, so a mix of both: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...pects/Hotpots/.

It works for some, not for others. Each to their own.
    And as mentioned already, we don't all play just to get ranks either. The yard stick you're using is somewhat flawed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    There's no issue if you move it or not. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, but why does that level of mouse accuracy even matter in WoW (or pretty much anything outside an FPS) unless you're clicking, which if you have a Naga you're not anyway? Most of the time you'll have at least one of the two mouse buttons held down to move your camera/ready to move anyway.
    Do you click your targets on Spoils of Pandaria?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Do you click your targets on Spoils of Pandaria?
    Either that or press an ability if there's one in front of me, why? Like I said, I don't have any issues with it moving my cursor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You lose accuracy if you thumb click while moving mouse, yes? That's what he asked and that is what I replied to. Not whether you can have your thumb somewhere while moving your mouse on a Naga. I click a lot in WoW and I also play Dota 2 and accuracy is important in both games. I also played SC2 at a high level (top Masters) and there you needed it too.
    Yes you lose a slight (read: small, tiny, little) bit off accuracy if thumb clicking when moving the mouse while clicking with your thumb, however WoW targeting do not require any extreme amounts of accuracy in the same way a moba, a fps or certain rts do.

Claiming you NEED to be that fast and accurate to do well with targeting in WoW is just hyperbole.

Im not in favor off binding your entire rotation to the mouse, however a few buttons off your rotation wont kill your performance, with these being mine.
    1 - MF
    2 - SW: P
    3 - VT
    G17 - MB
    G20 - DP
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-10-28 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yes you lose a slight (read: small, tiny, little) bit off accuracy if thumb clicking when moving the mouse while clicking with your thumb, however WoW targeting do not require any extreme amounts of accuracy in the same way a moba, a fps or certain rts do.

Claiming you NEED to be that fast and accurate to do well with targeting in WoW is just hyperbole.

Im not in favor off binding your entire rotation to the mouse, however a few buttons off your rotation wont kill your performance, with these being mine.
    1 - MF
    2 - SW: P
    3 - VT
    G17 - MB
    G20 - DP
    Isn't that like all rotational abilities?

Not everyone needs to be fast and accurate, that's true. People settle with(?) being shit so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Isn't that like all rotational abilities?

Not everyone needs to be fast and accurate, that's true. People settle with(?) being shit so...
    No its not, 1-3 is on the keyboard. Every single button on the mouse aside from your regular left and right click have a G in front of it on my G600, i.e G1.G2,G3 etc.

Also congratulations on completely missing the point unless our definition for shit is not having the same prefference as you, the wording "do well" would imply its about people not settling with being shit... You dont need FPS accuracy to target a mob in a MMO fast, claiming anything other is just hyperbole and exaggerated bullshit.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-10-28 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    No its not, 1-3 is on the keyboard. Every single button on the mouse aside from your regular left and right click have a G in front of it on my G600, i.e G1.G2,G3 etc.

Also congratulations on completely missing the point unless our definition for shit is not having the same prefference as you, the wording "do well" would imply its about people not settling with being shit... You dont need FPS accuracy to target a mob in a MMO fast, claiming anything other is just hyperbole and exaggerated bullshit.
    I see. Ok.

No one said you need FPS accuracy to target a mob in an MMO fast. I just siad you lose accuracy and it's noticable for me when playing WoW. People claiming otherwise are obviously settling for something less or have lower standards when it comes to accuracy needed in the game.

Reminder, one reason you need such accuracy is because you have your sensitivity jacked up, magnifying any human error you make while side clickin. You also commented earlier something about movement and how bad players move poorly (pretty obvious conclusion) but then never supported how side clicking was impacting movement. Did you have anything to add as to how side clicking could affect someone's movement, or was that you're "I'm better than the bads" piece of that post?

Deleted
    It's so weird to see people put DPS spells like our DoTs and Mind Blast/Mind Flay on there. There is no way I could use my naga as good as my keyboard for actually DPSing. I've had my naga for 2 and a half years now, and this has been what I've been using for most of the time.

1: Mass Dispel
    2: Void Tendrils/Psy Fiend/Mind Control
    3: Halo/Divine Star/Cascade
    4: Shadowfiend/mindbender
    5: Vampiric Embrace
    6: Hymn of Hope
    7: Flash Heal
    8: Renew
    9: Binding Heal
    10: Shadow Meld (nelf ftw!)
    11: Inner Fire/Inner Sanctum macro
    12: Ressurection

Shift 1: Dispel Magic
    Shift 2: Prayer of Mending
    Shift 3: Void Shift
    Shift 4: Some random stuff that occasionally needs a keybinding
    Shift 6: Symbiosis

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to cast instants via naga than via keyboard during movement - so I put most of my instants on the mouse.

Deleted
    1 - Halo
    2 - PW:S
    3 - Silence
    4 - Mind Spike
    5 - SW: P (it remains there because it's a nice spammable place for my thumb while having good control)
    6 - SW: D
    7 - Placeholder for spells that I might use fight specific
    8 - ExtraActionButton
    9 - Another Placeholder
    10 - Renew
    11 - Healthstone
    12 - Void Tendrils

(These abilities are binded that are used once in a blue moon)
    Shift + 1 - Flying Mount
    Shift + 2 - Ground Mount
    Shift + 3 - Resurrection
    Shift + 10 - Inner Fire
    Shift + 11 - Inner Will
    Shift + 12 - PW:F

I've had naga for years and those are all the binds I feel comfortable having on my mouse at the time being, I should probably switch some abilities around with keyboard but they haven't affected my performance so far. And if I notice that its coming down to accuracy or my dps suffering from it then I will have to reconsider it. Haven't been dpsing as priest for long time (healing for many years) so I'm still trying to get used to just to get basics down. :>

Deleted
    Why in the hell does anyone want to copy their key/mouse bindings o0

Could be me, but i rather like to place spell on keybinds meself and see if it works out well on a dummy.
    That way you get used to it faster and its all to your own likings.

Deleted
    I use my Naga for num bindings.

1 Angelic Feather (movement stuff in general)
    2 autorun
    3 Massdespell
    4 Mind Sear
    5 Fear
    6 Levitate
    7 Mount
    8 Silence/Disenchanting/other macro if silence is not necessary
    9 Renew
    10 Shadowform
    11 Leap of Faith
    12 Jade Serpent Potion

The other 2 mouse buttons are for Shield and Void Tendrils, pushing the wheel let me void shift. I started with binding just 2-4 Buttons and when time passed, I binded more and more and.. oh every button in use
    Last edited by mmoc33f6183711; 2013-11-26 at 01:43 PM.