"You only want to play vanilla because you're nostalgic"

In my opinion, vanilla was a better MMO than WotLK/Cata/MoP. And it's not nostalgia clouding my vision-- I log in to Emerald Dream every day and see the difference. And more and more people are starting to catch on. This is from right now:

But the Emerald Dream isn't perfect; there are many bugs and approximations. That's why I would pay Blizzard extra to put up official vanilla servers. If these guys can do it for free, then Blizzard can do it for money IMO.

Thank you for reading.

This is going to get locked OP. They hate private servers here.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. Vanilla was inconvenient, unbalanced, grindy and lacking content. It IS nostalgia. Using 1-3 buttons to play a game isn't good game play either. Did I mention it wasn't balanced in the slightest?

Deleted
    Blizzard can indeed do it. They don't want to do it and they've explained multiple times why.

:\ That's another reason why I'd like official servers I guess.

Blizzard can indeed do it. They don't want to do it and they've explained multiple times why.
    Along with almost all of the features that they eventually put in the game...

It IS nostalgia.
    No, it's not. I'm playing it right now (and have been for a long time) and I'm having a great time, save for the bugs that come from it being an unofficial server.
    Last edited by Zeromus; 2013-10-20 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you get banned and hacked constantly on those servers?

TBC servers ftw btw

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Don't you get banned and hacked constantly on those servers?

TBC servers ftw btw
    The TBC servers are just as packed. Ive never been hacked on either server so I cant say if its the norm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post

Along with almost all of the features that they eventually put in the game...
    Don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    No thanks. Vanilla was inconvenient, unbalanced, grindy and lacking content. It IS nostalgia. Using 1-3 buttons to play a game isn't good game play either. Did I mention it wasn't balanced in the slightest?
    So 3-5 buttons being mostly used is pro I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't "hate" private servers, we just don't allow the discussion, screenshots, or links to them because they are against the Terms of Service and thus a topic not allowed here.