Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The thing is... Blizzard keeps trying to force people to go against their actual wills. That is something that takes years of practice. There are plenty of people that play MMORPGs simply because they are never ending video games. These people really do not desire to be social at all, and Blizzard keeps wanting them to be more social. The people that want to be more social are already in guilds and are already in raiding guilds if that is what they desire to do. There is definitely two separate groups of gamers in WoW. Those that do not desire to have social ties are not suddenly going to get them.

Blizzard feels that these people are more likely to leave the game because they lack these social ties. That is far from the truth. The truth is that these people are more likely to leave the game because Blizzard continuously treats them like second class citizens, and getting a piece of gear with "Raid Finder" attached simply because this group does not want to form social connections (more like social ass kissing) that is needed in order to get "Heroic" gear is simply something that this group simply does not want to do.

Since achievements include a timestamp, wouldn't it be better to only include achievments up to a specific time after the raid was opened? Then you could compare apples to apples.

SoO may be low, but were previousl raid wings equally low after the same amount of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really interesting to see that steady decline in raiders. I wonder if they quit, are leveling alts, or are focusing more on PvP.

I need to comment in a different thread with a picture, but it wont let me until i post a few times elsewhere.

I would like to see Poll separating the 3 regions, EU, NA and Asia. Displaying numbers, not percentages. Include LFR and Flex but only counting each player once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I would like to see Poll separating the 3 regions, EU, NA and Asia. Displaying numbers, not percentages. Include LFR and Flex but only counting each player once.
    We don't track Asia, as the API is slow and buggy for those countries. I might be able to break it down for US/EU though!

@Retrimootion Hitting enrage timers in LFR is nearly always a lack of understanding the mechanics rather than just low DPS.
    It's like GC has never even actually tried LFR.
    In one SoO LFR, there was this Hunter doing 18K... and after every wipe where Nazgrim hit the Enrage mark, he would proceed to order around and tell people how the fight goes. He wasn't wrong, which indicates that this was his alt and he had done the fight properly before... which means it IS just low DPS or not knowing how to play that alt class, rather than not understanding the raid mechanics. Or simply not giving a hoot, a lot of people just lazily coast on through LFR to be carried, which GC should also actually acknowledge and address.

I also like Pacster's solution for tanks who bail on LFR: "How about some "can't join another flex or lfr until group finished and 30 minutes penalty on top of that"? That would make them think twice."

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    The thing is... Blizzard keeps trying to force people to go against their actual wills. That is something that takes years of practice. There are plenty of people that play MMORPGs simply because they are never ending video games. These people really do not desire to be social at all, and Blizzard keeps wanting them to be more social. The people that want to be more social are already in guilds and are already in raiding guilds if that is what they desire to do. There is definitely two separate groups of gamers in WoW. Those that do not desire to have social ties are not suddenly going to get them.

Blizzard feels that these people are more likely to leave the game because they lack these social ties. That is far from the truth. The truth is that these people are more likely to leave the game because Blizzard continuously treats them like second class citizens, and getting a piece of gear with "Raid Finder" attached simply because this group does not want to form social connections (more like social ass kissing) that is needed in order to get "Heroic" gear is simply something that this group simply does not want to do.
    Agreed.

What makes you think its a decline of raiders? In my opion its just a matter of the number of ppl over gearing things. I have friends that raid msv because they simply dont have the raiding skill to do current stuff. I have many friends that went back and did the old raids they never did once they over geared it. I dont think its because of deliclining raiding. I think as time goes by more people have time to go back and do the older stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    That's really interesting to see that steady decline in raiders. I wonder if they quit, are leveling alts, or are focusing more on PvP.

65-75% participation in Vaults - Terrace seems really good to me, especially when you consider that some of those accounts in the sample probably don't even have a max level character. I know a lot of people talk shit about players that only do LFR but it seems like it really accomplished it's goal of letting more players than ever before experience the content.

I guess LFR is working as intended without the vast majority of WoW players using it to "see the content". Of course this is akin to spraying some graffiti on a brick wall and telling people its the Mona Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    Also why the bias against people not in guilds?
    I feel your pain.

Only the people who currently have a job may apply a job in my company.

STOp using LFG ...guild

Great! I'm so happy!

always love when a great game goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda1Fan View Post
    always love when a great game goes on sale.
    I don't think it's still on sale, this thread is from a week and a half ago...price is back up to $49.99 on the website.

Deleted
    I would like to ask a following armory query:
    The percentage of the different tank (can be done with heal or dps in another query) specs who have gold medal in proving grounds. It would show the average percentage of the tank classes. And i would like another one, what is done only to that ppl who have already gold proving grounds - the percentage of completion of the endless wave achievement. It would show if how much % of druids\DK\warrior\monk can get endless waves achievement from the guys who have already gold (so using proving grounds). I wish to know if there is any class who statistically better in the endless wave than the others.

The thing behind is, i got gold but cant improve in the endless, and i am curious its cos i am noob or its cos my class is not optimal. Plus would be nice to see the real tank (heal, dps) percentage to see which is the popular classes.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    I would like to ask a following armory query:
    The percentage of the different tank (can be done with heal or dps in another query) specs who have gold medal in proving grounds. It would show the average percentage of the tank classes. And i would like another one, what is done only to that ppl who have already gold proving grounds - the percentage of completion of the endless wave achievement. It would show if how much % of druids\DK\warrior\monk can get endless waves achievement from the guys who have already gold (so using proving grounds). I wish to know if there is any class who statistically better in the endless wave than the others.

The thing behind is, i got gold but cant improve in the endless, and i am curious its cos i am noob or its cos my class is not optimal. Plus would be nice to see the real tank (heal, dps) percentage to see which is the popular classes.
    We can't do anything with gold, as the achievement shows up for every character. Endless is possible though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We can't do anything with gold, as the achievement shows up for every character. Endless is possible though.
    Oh, you right, i didnt think to this. As i see, the endless achievement show for every character too.

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Oh, you right, i didnt think to this. As i see, the endless achievement show for every character too.
    Every character has an individual Endless score in their statistics that we can use.