There is some opportunity to improve the PvP scene within WoW.
I do not feel that they accomplished their goal of having the different areas of the game (PvP/PvE) more readily accessible by all players. Furthermore, the difference in ilvls they have created for PvP and PvE gear really takes away from the spirit of the game. Here is my solution:
1. The ilvl of PvP and PvE gear should be made the same. This solves the world PvP problem.
2. PvP Power removed from the game.
3. PvP gear should downscale slightly when in PvE instanced dungeons, raids, etc.
4. PvE gear should downscale slightly when in PvP instanced BGs and Arena.
5. You would effectively have 2 ilvls shown on your character now. One ilvl for PvP content and one for PvE content.
6. New PvP point currency and gear implemented that resides in value between Honor and Conquest. We'll call them Glory points/gear for reference.
7. New BG bracket implemented requiring full Honor gear to participate.
This new bracket would be just like regular random BGs, except you would need a certain ilvl (full Honor gear) to que. This new BG bracket would reward mostly Glory points and some Conquest points. Regular random BGs would now reward mostly Honor points and then some of the new Glory points. And then Rated BGs would reward Glory/Conquest. We would now have an official Semi-Pro bracket for PvP. This helps to separate those who just want to dabble in PvP from those who want to compete without the hassle of a pre-formed group. It doesn't solve every single problem, but it would be an improvement.
This all does a few things. First, PvP gear acquisition better mimics PvE gear throughout any specific tier/season. This would allow the ilvl situation to also remain fair across the two different playstyles in any world PvP scenario. Reminder: Gear would downscale in content it's not intended. For example: Honor Gear would be the same ilvl as Flex gear in the open world. But, if you were to enter a raid in the same gear, then maybe your ilvl would decrease to that of LFR Gear. This will help with people wanting to get involved with different aspects of the game at any time during a single tier/season, but without making participation in any unwanted content mandatory.
LFR = Crafted PvP Gear
Flex = Honor Gear
Normal = Glory Gear
Heroic = Conquest Gear
Now, the only question left is how to apply this system to Arena in a fair manner. One idea I have that would shake the foundation of the game is to do the following:
2's = Honor Points
3's = Glory Points
5's = Conquest Points
This would admittedly be a huge change. But, this also might be a good change. All arena brackets would actually have a purpose. Communication and teamwork define success within Arena. In this scenario, you would be rewarded appropriately.
So lets hear the feedback.