Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

"Be The Bigger Person and Be Nice to Those Who Treat You Wrong."

Am I the only person who still finds this entire mindset and concept to be a gigantic load of crap?

Deleted
    Fuck em, if someone treats you like dirt there is no reason to be nice to them, be spiteful and put them in their place.

Deleted
    Well, it would give the person being an ass, the impression it is good/okay, so yeah bullshit...

However in some cases it is actaully helpful to be nice

I find that it takes far more effort to be spiteful and dickish than it does to be civil. Being the bigger person doesn't mean that you have to be spineless though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think of it as "smile to their face and laugh when they fall." People with a bullying personality tend to have misfortune follow them.

There's being nice and there's being reasonable. I think the "being nice" part refers to reasonable. So instead of punching someone in the face, you tell him his behaviour isn't acceptable.

Deleted
    Depends entirely, if it's a sober dickhead - yeah, i'd give them what they deal back.

But the whole "bend over and let them fuck you without lube" it's terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    There's being nice and there's being reasonable. I think the "being nice" part refers to reasonable. So instead of punching someone in the face, you tell him his behaviour isn't acceptable.
    Going around punching people is a fast track to prison, i doubt anyone in their right mind advocates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well, it would give the person being an ass, the impression it is good/okay, so yeah bullshit...

However in some cases it is actaully helpful to be nice
    Yet I'd also say to you that someone who consistently lets it happen and doesn't put them in their place is going to get more and more crap :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Depends entirely, if it's a sober dickhead - yeah, i'd give them what they deal back.

But the whole "bend over and let them fuck you without lube" it's terrible.
    Exactly, no one likes being a door mat.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say nice, but at least try to remain sophisticated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Yet I'd also say to you that someone who consistently lets it happen and doesn't put them in their place is going to get more and more crap :/
    Indeed, unfortunally if it is too agressive an outburst, people suddenly call you the bad guy. Disgusting a person can throw around somebody, and when the victim cracks the bully is the victim... Urghh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I wouldn't say nice, but at least try to remain sophisticated.
    I can assure you, I can still be sophisticated while calling someone a dickhole who doesn't deserve any of my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resorting to their level only proves that you are no better than the person who did you wrong.

Being the better person and not stooping down is what separates the people who can control themselves with dignity/honor/respect and the people who can't control themselves who shat themselves with dishonor and idiocy that they display

Hmm, I may be off but I treat everyone with respect, even if they don't deserve it. Well I say everyone, but mostly mean strangers. If someone is a jerk to me I don't know and will never see again, fuck em, I'm not going to waste the time and the emotional effort to get pissed at them or further risk escalating the confrontation by talking back. I"ll smile and nod and say yes sir, then never see them again. Why get all worked up and potentially ruin my day over an asshole stranger?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    I can assure you, I can still be sophisticated while calling someone a dickhole who doesn't deserve any of my time.
    Calling someone a dickhole is not sophisticated. You don't want to directly insult them like a barbarian, you'll just want to be as pretentious as possible like a true noble.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone is a jerk to you, stand up for yourself but don't resort to their ways. Because if you do, the bully/jerk wins and you become the bully/jerk. Would it feel good if you tried to teach him a lesson? Probably, is it right? No not really but it's tempting at least to others. Me? Meh not worth it, I'm better than that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember man..you are the rogue. More than any other, the rogue appreciates the importance of subtlety as a means of combat!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Calling someone a dickhole is not sophisticated. You don't want to directly insult them like a barbarian, you'll just want to be as pretentious as possible like a true noble.
    That sentence goes so well with your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Hmm, I may be off but I treat everyone with respect, even if they don't deserve it. Well I say everyone, but mostly mean strangers. If someone is a jerk to me I don't know and will never see again, fuck em, I'm not going to waste the time and the emotional effort to get pissed at them or further risk escalating the confrontation by talking back. I"ll smile and nod and say yes sir, then never see them again. Why get all worked up and potentially ruin my day over an asshole stranger?
    Yeah, there's really nothing to be gained from it. I mean sure there might be a fleeting moment of satisfaction but ultimately it's fairly hollow.

Deleted
    I guess most people aren't friends with people who treat you badly, so I'm going to assume this is about strangers.

Why would you feel the need to even dignify their actions with a reaction? If someone treats me badly for whatever reason, I just turn my back around and walk away.