Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just because Wrathion estimates it would take a year to capture Thunder Bluff does not mean the Burning Legion would accommodate him.

People also completely ignore the Waiter's dialogue, where he points out how flawed Wrathion's plan of Alliance dominance is. Wrathion isn't omniscient.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I will give you is Velen's vision, that quite clearly shows they will come at some point.

Shao Hao did not seal Pandaria away to turn them into an elite legion-destroying army, he sealed them away so they could master their emotions in order to face ANY darkness with courage rather than fear. Nothing else truly matters about Shao Hao, he is the backstory of Pandaria.

Metzen's promise means nothing because Metzen has been known to overdo things in order to hype his own games. This is the guy who comes out on stage with Doomhammer screaming about the glory of the Horde and Alliance.

Wrathion also clearly states it'd take a year to conquer 1/3 of the Horde. We've got at LEAST 1 year before the Legion comes. Yes I know Blizz could be all "Three years have passed since the toppling of Hellscream..." in the cinematic, but history has shown they don't do that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Literally no one would argue that we're eventually going to face the Legion again. The argument is whether or not it will happen in Exp 5, of which I'm still not convinced.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm 100% possitive this is what EXP 6 will be.
    Mhm, pretty much.

I'm not sure why folks think that the next expansion is going to be anything other than what's been indicated by Wrathion in this expansion.

Blizzard is not exactly known for giant surprises or twists to their story (see: the new warchief)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like where the OP is going with this! But I agree with some of the others; we are at a Wait and See right now, with Blizzcon being just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm not sure why folks think that the next expansion is going to be anything other than what's been indicated by Wrathion in this expansion.

Blizzard is not exactly known for giant surprises or twists to their story (see: the new warchief)
    Lets be entirely fair here.. Not many people foresaw us going to Outlands in the Burning Crusade after the end game in Vanilla pointing towards the Lich King, with Naxxramas as the final raid and the Plaguelands being such a prominent high-level zone.

Likewise, not many people thought that Azeroth would get torn up by Deathwing during Wrath of the Lich King.

And just the same, not many people saw Pandaria coming following the end of Cataclysm.

While I agree that the most likely next step in the Legion in some manner, they have never been very clear in their direction in expansions. They also never had an expansion-long legendary quest chain chocked full of foreshadowing, however, so it's very difficult to say if they're going to follow through on that story arc or take another detour. It's all really up in the air right now.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2013-10-21 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Not many people foresaw us going to Outlands in the Burning Crusade after the end game in Vanilla pointing towards the Lich King, with Naxxramas as the final raid and the Plaguelands being such a prominent high-level zone. Not many people thought that Azeroth would get torn up by Deathwing during Wrath of the Lich King. Not many people saw Pandaria coming following the end of Cataclysm.
    Were you given in-game clues of what the next expansion might be prior to them being released?

I just cant see blizzard releasing such a major expansion so soon.. considering they said they have like 2-3 expansions to go.. Why would it be burning legion? Unless we get rid of burning legions Kil'jaeden as the last boss.. then sure.. but I just cant see us killing Sargeras already.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll be sure to remember this post. Specially after coming out of an expac that barely anyone expected.

Were you given in-game clues of what the next expansion might be prior to them being released?
    Vanilla made it clear that the Lich King was an imminent threat. Cataclysm had some pretty serious foreshadowing about N'zoth and the Naga that never really bore fruit as a result of an anticlimactic Dragon Soul raid, and the missing Abyssal Maw raid. Burning Crusade had no real direct foreshadowing, but we already knew the Lich King was an imminent threat due to the events of Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I just cant see blizzard releasing such a major expansion so soon.. considering they said they have like 2-3 expansions to go.. Why would it be burning legion? Unless we get rid of burning legions Kil'jaeden as the last boss.. then sure.. but I just cant see us killing Sargeras already.
    Source? I don't think they've -ever- specified how many expansions they may or may not have left.

I think Blizzard have been dropping hints all over the place just to throw people off. As it stands right now, there are hints for about 4 different potential expansions floating around.

However, the Burning Legion is by far the most implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Not trying to be a downer here, but I really dont see Blizz putting their full on effort into 3 more x-pacs considering the rate of decline with the sub numbers and the fact they are merging servers. Releasing a burning legion x-pac after two more would be putting it at around 3-4 years from now given their current rate. Realistically, I would say, from a business standpoint, that the burning legion x-pac will be either EX5 or EX6 at the latest.

Please do not misconstrue this as a WoW is dying post, but merely saying that Blizz probably wants as many people as possible to enjoy this game's biggest finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think Blizzard have been dropping hints all over the place just to throw people off. As it stands right now, there are hints for about 4 different potential expansions floating around.

However, the Burning Legion is by far the most implied.
    As much as I would love an Emerald Nightmare expansion, it seems Timeless Isle's Watchers, Warden and Weavers indicating a time travel expansion, but then again..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Not trying to be a downer here, but I really dont see Blizz putting their full on effort into 3 more x-pacs considering the rate of decline with the sub numbers and the fact they are merging servers. Releasing a burning legion x-pac after two more would be putting it at around 3-4 years from now given their current rate. Realistically, I would say, from a business standpoint, that the burning legion x-pac will be either EX5 or EX6 at the latest.

Please do not misconstrue this as a WoW is dying post, but merely saying that Blizz probably wants as many people as possible to enjoy this game's biggest finale.
    They always plan super ahead. Doesn't mean Wow is dying. They don't need to have the Legion straight away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sinestra talked about deathwing and the taking nether dragons to experiement on in TBC.

Northrend and Arthas was obviously an inevitability.

Blizz proved they could make up lore and put out quality content to pair with it. This is good. However, I feel going back to established lore with Azshara + N'zoth OR Legion + Kil'jaeden would be a great card to play now. Remember Legion expansion doesn't mean we have to face Sargeras, I'm sure Mal'ganis, Kil'jaeden, and friends hate us more then enough. Kil'jaeden is anything but a footnote villan either. Some people dismiss him as a footnote and a bonus raid boss and call Illidan the final boss. Lets clear this misconception up by having Kil'jaeden be the endboss of 2 expac because hes such a beast.

Kil'jaedens death would be a crippling blow to the legion so soon after Archimondes death. It would bring conclusion to the flight of the draenei and Velen's background. Nevermind such an expac would mean the return of Alleria / Turylon and likely more Narru involvement.

You could say that a Titan expac looms in the future. I see two scenarions

Scenario #1 Kil'jaeden dies the legion starts to crumble in Sargera's absense with NO leader. THIS would get the attention of the Titans

Scenario #2 N'zoth was said to of never been captured by the Titans. I THINK that when we fight him we infact WILL manage to kill him through some manner. His death COULD catch the attention of Titans since they were afraid of reprecushions of killing them.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-21 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Doesn't mean Wow is dying.
    ...sigh

They don't need to have the Legion straight away.
    You are right, they do plan quite ahead, but that isnt my point. If the sub numbers keep going the way they do there isnt going to be much of us left 3-4 years from now, which doesnt make a whole lot of sense to time that with the x-pac that is considered this game's big finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    ...sigh

You are right, they do plan quite ahead, but that isnt my point. If the sub numbers keep going the way they do there isnt going to be much of us left 3-4 years from now, which doesnt make a whole lot of sense to time that with the x-pac that is considered this game's big finale.
    Well considering how they switched a bunch of their devs from Titan to WoW. I'd say WoW will live for a long while.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well considering how they switched a bunch of their devs from Titan to WoW. I'd say WoW will live for a long while.
    For the last time...I am not saying WoW is going to die...please stop putting those words in my mouth.

Yes, I completely agree with you that WoW will live for a long time, but what does it matter when you are kicking around a fraction of the subs you used to have compared to previous x-pacs. You arent the cash cow you once were and you probably wont have the resources you once did. You are sitting on a gold mine of a story and you still have millions of subs who want to buy it. Are you going to drag it out for another 4 years to deliver it to them losing a crap ton of subs in the process or do it now/2 years?

I'm not denying that another legion invasion is probably on the way, but don't jump the gun and make predictions for an xpac that is presumably going to be presented at Blizzcon in about 2.5 weeks.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."