Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Red face What feature do you expect Blizzard to reveal on the next expansion?

    So Blizzcon is right around the corner, and we all know for a fact Blizzard will be announcing its new expansion. So in this expansion, what is the one feature you feel that Blizzard will reveal?

    I think some of the updated models for sure will be revealed.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    So Blizzcon is right around the corner, and we all know for a fact Blizzard will be announcing its new expansion. So in this expansion, what is the one feature you feel that Blizzard will reveal?

    I think some of the updated models for sure will be revealed.

    I honestly do not expect anything ground-breaking or game changing. I expect another new continent with more dailies/raids/heroics/rep grinds.

    I am intentionally holding my expectations low because I have learned that expecting too much makes life unpleasant(SWTOR). I would love to see them reinvigorate the game, but aside from 5-10 day time sinks like Brawlers Guild I dont expect anything to draw me in for long periods of time.

    I just subbed 5 days ago, I hadnt done any of the raids in all of MOP. I ran a couple heroics, ran around all of timeless isle and farmed the chests, got full 496 gear and cleared SOO in LFR after a week. It took me a week to go through the entire expansions raid content. Not really expecting much from them.

  3. #3
    yep, grinding timeless and doing lfr pretty much means you saw the entire raid content. Oh wait

  4. #4
    Feature?

    Being able to scale your character's level somehow.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    yep, grinding timeless and doing lfr pretty much means you saw the entire raid content. Oh wait
    Ha I agree, I haven't played MoP since 5.1 and if I came back I'm sure as hell there would be tons more content for me to do, there were tons when I was playing! I think he just is stating he did all the current up to date content. which I guess is SOO in LFR and Timeless Isle.

  6. #6
    I don't think we will see any new features.

    I think we will see features that already exists in other games, with a ''NEW'' mark slammed onto it.

    Hopefully they might show some of the new models for the older races if anything.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    yep, grinding timeless and doing lfr pretty much means you saw the entire raid content. Oh wait
    What exactly did I miss? What am I missing other than all of the MOP raids/heroics, Brawlers Guild, proving grounds and timeless isle?

  8. #8
    The Patient 0mni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kel'Thuzad - US
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    What exactly did I miss? What am I missing other than all of the MOP raids/heroics, Brawlers Guild, proving grounds and timeless isle?
    BSing through LFR is hardly "clearing the content" because LFR is generally face-roll. That's like saying you've done everything you can in your basketball career because you played a pick-up game with some middle schoolers.

    You just can't say that you've completed everything in the whole expansion in a week when you're intentionally ignoring the more difficult content.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    I just subbed 5 days ago, I hadnt done any of the raids in all of MOP. I ran a couple heroics, ran around all of timeless isle and farmed the chests, got full 496 gear and cleared SOO in LFR after a week. It took me a week to go through the entire expansions raid content. Not really expecting much from them.
    So how did you kill Garrosh in LFR when he's not even available until tomorrow?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BriteeyeZ View Post
    BSing through LFR is hardly "clearing the content" because LFR is generally face-roll. That's like saying you've done everything you can in your basketball career because you played a pick-up game with some middle schoolers.

    You just can't say that you've completed everything in the whole expansion in a week when you're intentionally ignoring the more difficult content.
    Please try tanking something like Iron Juggernaut in LFR without having a clue, knowing to not stand in front of the boss while you aren't the MT isn't something you can faceroll. Nor is any other fight where you have to know when to taunt, or when to turn away from "He" to avoid gouge. Also, I should've specified that I cleared the most available LFR content. Yes, some of the mechanics may be different in terms of LFR>Flex>10/25>Heroic, but the content is still the same, the bosses killed are the same and the lore is the same. The only difference is mechanics and whom I do it with.

    Also not intentionally ignoring the more difficult content, I have tried reaching out to do flex/10 man/hard modes whatever, but my server is essentially dead, I've tried reaching out via the WoW forums/Reddit to people on other servers, but have had no luck.
    Last edited by Thefatness; 2013-10-21 at 05:49 PM.

  11. #11
    That the players who left from the 12 million have actually been kidnapped by blizz and are being used as magic power batteries. Blizz has gained enough power now to rule the world and harvast us all.

  12. #12
    Im expecting an heirloom tab and a "toys" tab sorta like the mounts and pets tab. They've been talking about it and said they are "close"....also forgot the tabards tab....sure going to be alot of tabs soon. Cant wait to have some bank space back.

  13. #13
    Cross Realm Heirlooms!!11! Probably not but I can dream damnit.
    Seriously though updated models and maybe an Ilevel squish. Honestly don't expect too much.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

  14. #14
    Updated Character Models ... oh wait thats not coming to Blizzcon, so the only thing making me "excited" for blizzcon is the next WoW Expansion, and the murloc pet of course.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

  15. #15
    Mount Transmogrification: You can transmog your mount into a raid boss that you've slain.

  16. #16
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    5,016
    Hopefully they will reveal an item squish happening. Personally I'd like a nice overhaul of abilities and talents, but that's unlikely. New models are more than likely going to be a part of the new expansion, so I'd like to see some images of that.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


  17. #17
    I expect the to announce new playable races or completed character model updates. I expect them to announce dynamic level/ilvl scaling as an optional feature that allows you to play with anyone and run any dungeon at-level. I hope they will announce the stat squish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    What exactly did I miss? What am I missing other than all of the MOP raids/heroics, Brawlers Guild, proving grounds and timeless isle?
    Did you do MSV, HoF, ToES, and ToT as well as SoO LFR? Do you consider SoO LFR to be "done" even though you haven't defeated Garrosh yet, since he isn't available until tomorrow? Do you really consider LFR to be "raiding?" LFR is significatly easier than Flex and Normal mode, and it is missing several of the mechanics from each boss fight. There is so much room for error- I've had to and been able to heal a tank through Juggernaut when the other tank wouldn't taunt, my LFR group has survived popping MULTIPLE Desperate Measures phases on Protectors at the same time...

    You said "It took me a week to go through the entire expansions raid content." You then say "What am I missing other than all of the MOP raids/heroics..."
    So, you didn't do the raid content. Perhaps I'm misunderstand what you're saying?
    If you mean "what else is there to do?," there are factions to gain rep with, I highly recommend questing in Dread Wastes to get some of the story there, working on the Legendary Questline (which has some of the most enjoyable story/voice acting/dialogue/events that I've ever done), there are mounts to get, there's pet battles... if you don't like or aren't interested in any of those things, that's up to you, and that's fine. But that doesn't mean that there's something objectively wrong with the expansion.

    I appreciate that you're trying to say that you feel like you were able to see everything you wanted to see and do everything you wanted to do in a week, but maybe you should think about your wording and how you express your argument first.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-10-21 at 06:12 PM.

  18. #18
    Dance Studio

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Dance Studio
    Haha, that made me chuckle. I doubt it, but one can dream!

    Yeah once I read that thread about the Ilvl scaling bug, I think that feature is coming for sure.

  20. #20
    You know you're in the wrong when the mods start calling you out. Seriously though LFR is not the raid content at all. Even flex doesn't have dumbed down mechanics by any means.

    On topic: I'm HOPING they announce the removal of LFR and the implementation of a good grouping system like oQueue but much more detailed. Flex might have to be a little easier but it will allow the bottom tier to no longer be AS face roll. People might argue that it takes more time but it really doesn't. Just search groups or players and be done with it. Easy peasy. And if you're one of those people who hates wiping well Flex is still easy enough to avoid wiping. The first week flex 4 was out I lead a group of people who had never done any of those fights and were mostly randoms from oQueue to one shorting Blackfuse and 2 shorting paragons. The group wasnt able to down Garrosh but he is significantly harder anyway.

    Also would like a good scaling system for old raids or dungeons with lower level friends or something. It's really annoying have to retool a toon every time a friend wants to play at low level. Also would be nice if players could redo completed quests if they scale down their level to make the appropriate level for that content. That would promote more casual play than today I feel as a lot of new players tend to make many low level toons in order to experience each class. In fact most of my friends never make it past level 50 before they unsub.

    ^ Father and son. Winning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •