Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The laser actually deals a shitton of damage to them if you actually manage to pull them into it but the sawblades...
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  2. #22
    Didn't realize the saw blades weren't that important.
    Would probably help out that guy though if his damage is so low though

  3. #23
    If you need him to kill the first one just make sure he saves DRW for it. Save up a couple of Death strikes for it if it's that much of a problem.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    The real question is how many stacks of boss debuff (Electrostatic Charge) he has when he's killing the shredder? It should be 3, if he still has problem, he can take 4-5 stacks with cds, then the add will just melt.
    not really at 4 the add reaches the boss ......

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    We're having major issues with his DPS while progressing on Normal Siegecrafter. He simply can't kill the boss fast enough. Sadly due to a miscommunication we do not have logs for tonight, but here is his armory:

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cperses/simple

    I'm not really looking for specific details of course, but any guidance on how to actually do DPS on these adds would be appreciated. He is dragging the adds through the missiles and saw blades, but it's just not enough. He's doing 70K dps and getting the add to about 30% when the next one spawns.

    So, what should a Blood DK do to maximize damage?

    lose the parry gems and go haste / strength
    Same Shit Different Day

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    lose the parry gems and go haste / strength
    oh god not this again...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    lose the parry gems and go haste / strength
    I would highly suggest reading through the next couple of threads, countless respected DK's in the community have added their input as well. Even in ToT gemming strength was not beneficial and its the same now. Haste has lost almost all of its luster as well with the SoB changes, thus going more parry/dodge beneficial and leading to more crit rating through riposte.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nting-more-DPS

    and

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking

  7. #27
    The Patient Müdür's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valley of Wisdom
    Posts
    213
    He should go with runic corruption talent, that's a dps increase without compromising survival. Also he should save his outbreak and dancing rune weapon to the add.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    lose the parry gems and go haste / strength
    I always wondered - are you trolling or are you really that stupid?
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  9. #29
    I think it makes him feel the warm fuzzies to post that, even though it's very unproductive.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    oh god not this again...
    yey i know i know but ive done this to to get dps up riposte aint all that big on crits i balance around 200k dps now instead of 70-80k and have about 150% mastery and have no effort getting bosses down or spiky damage
    Same Shit Different Day

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    yey i know i know but ive done this to to get dps up riposte aint all that big on crits i balance around 200k dps now instead of 70-80k and have about 150% mastery and have no effort getting bosses down or spiky damage
    sorry but you've done 4/14 normal in SoO. don't think you have much of a saying when it comes to how to min/max dps this tier.

    im 4 ilvls higher then you (bad luck with drops i guess) and im 100 str lower than you.

    on our last garrosh kill i came out with 205k dps.

    heroic fallen protectors. 260k dps.

    I can PROMISE you that you wont even get close to that with str/haste gearing.
    Im going full d/p atm and im sitting on roughly 40%critt in raid (over 55% with trinket up)

    couldnt find logs from WoL on you so i assume you people arent even logging.
    gimme some proof you can do 200k+ avg with your gear and setup.

    in short words. stop spreading stupid shit mate

    Edit; Only time and place to go str/haste would be if you are so bad at tanking that the only thing you do is taking debuffs.. OK then i get it. but as active tank? 9 pure str gems as tank? i dont even...
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-10-22 at 02:13 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    yey i know i know but ive done this to to get dps up riposte aint all that big on crits i balance around 200k dps now instead of 70-80k and have about 150% mastery and have no effort getting bosses down or spiky damage
    The only parse that even exists of your dps does not prove you balance around 200k dps.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bd...um/damageDone/

    113k on Fallen Prot. 10N

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    sorry but you've done 4/14 normal in SoO. don't think you have much of a saying when it comes to how to min/max dps this tier.

    im 4 ilvls higher then you (bad luck with drops i guess) and im 100 str lower than you.

    on our last garrosh kill i came out with 205k dps.

    heroic fallen protectors. 260k dps.

    I can PROMISE you that you wont even get close to that with str/haste gearing.
    Im going full d/p atm and im sitting on roughly 40%critt in raid (over 55% with trinket up)

    couldnt find logs from WoL on you so i assume you people arent even logging.
    gimme some proof you can do 200k+ avg with your gear and setup.

    in short words. stop spreading stupid shit mate

    Edit; Only time and place to go str/haste would be if you are so bad at tanking that the only thing you do is taking debuffs.. OK then i get it. but as active tank? 9 pure str gems as tank? i dont even...
    I agree with this chap.

    The top way to max DPS at the moment is Dodge/Parry undisputable. Use the tank meta & tank cloak, and use SS rune not FC. Use Str. Flask and Str food (should go without saying).

    In terms of balancing dodge/parry, not important at all to riposte, don't worry about it.

    Basic point in SoO for DPS is: Mastery sucks, Haste & Str are not good anymore relative to going pure D&P.

    Once you pass ~55% combined D&P in combat, your unlucky streaks start to reduce and you find yourself needing less DS's, almost more conventional tanking. I've never been an avoidance fan but once your avoidance gets that high it actually starts to become reliable. Almost feels nice in a way knowing that you aren't dependent on healing/shielding back your damage. Insofar as on Garrosh 25m, I rarely DS at all and instead spend much of the encounter spamming the shit out of BB. Probably why as of last week I was #1 US/EU BDK on Garrosh 25. Same works for Spoils of Pandaria, #5 US/EU heh...

    Disclaimer: Don't look at my gear as an example, I've replaced a few things and have not spent the time with the reforger that I should so my hit/exp caps are a bit low atm. Though I set both those DPS records with my gear as it is so *shrug* not super terribad I suppose.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
    The only parse that even exists of your dps does not prove you balance around 200k dps.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bd...um/damageDone/

    113k on Fallen Prot. 10N
    263k Fallen Prot 25m (20th world), no finishes under 195k.
    From 10 to 25 there is not much difference in terms of BDK dmg scale.
    In short, you're wrong (Cold, not Chaac) about Str/Haste sorry. Riposte is where it is at.

  14. #34
    Why str flask instead of dodge+haste elixir?
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Why str flask instead of dodge+haste elixir?
    I generally don't use pots, prefer flasks instead for the obvious wiping reason. Either way Str. flask won't hold you back.

    Tonight I ranked World 1st BDK - 25m Garrosh using a Str. flask heh.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/..._Death_Knight/

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranico View Post
    I generally don't use pots, prefer flasks instead for the obvious wiping reason. Either way Str. flask won't hold you back.

    Tonight I ranked World 1st BDK - 25m Garrosh using a Str. flask heh.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/..._Death_Knight/
    Good job, not trying to take away from your accomplishment, but ranks that high come from tailoring the fights to your advantage above and beyond doing the fight normally. For example you tanked Garrosh for the entirety of phase 2 and phase 3, your druid had no stacks of the tank debuff whereas you had up to 23 stacks at one point, which is obviously not a "normal" tank strategy for that fight.

    Obviously high ranks have foundations in proper gearing so your advice is pretty much correct, but if OP's Blood DK is having problems killing an add on normal Siegecrafter he should probably be focusing on the basics rather than trying to rank high.

    One thing though, Fallen Crusader is a better DPS enchant than Swordshattering because the Parry you get does not count towards the crit rating increase you get from Riposte.

  17. #37
    I see he has a Siegecrafter kill on his armory, congratz on getting it in the end. A few pointers I've noticed though.

    a) His mastery is VERY low, at item level 551 he should have at LEAST 200%. I am 554 and have 233% and I don't even need that much.

    b) Why does he have Glyph of Festering Blood and Glyph of Outbreak on at the same time? Festering Blood is pretty useless and almost cancels out the need for Outbreak. But he shouldn't have the Outbreak glyph at all, he shouldn't waste his runic power on resetting his diseases.

    Just some pointers.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolus View Post
    a) His mastery is VERY low, at item level 551 he should have at LEAST 200%. I am 554 and have 233% and I don't even need that much.
    Wat?
    Also nope...
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  19. #39
    In my perspective on mastery it should be at a level that you are comfortable with and how good your healers are. Have enough mastery to recover from that burst and having good healers also make it easier to recover from the burst as well. Taking both into consideration is how I personally handle what mastery level I set out to get. Stacking mastery isn't necessarily bad to do but you wont see the kind of dps increase that you would with the avoidance build. haste was good in ToT but its just not up to the level that avoidance has become this patch.

    For my group I run around 170% mastery before buffed and stack parry in every slot i can gem/reforge as possible. Before hand on logs I was always top on damage taken but with the amount of avoidance that I have now my damage taken has smoothed out significantly and taking less damage overall. You gain so much more from avoidance in: less damage taken overall and the increase in personal dps.

    With avoidance(from parry haste and scent of blood changes double dipping from parry and auto attacks) Im swimming in runic power and constantly trying to spend my runic power to ensure I dont cap and dont waste resources as much as possible. So if you are looking to increase personal dps I think the best option is avoidance and always making sure you are hard capped on hit and soft cap on expertise.
    Last edited by Johnsongoes; 2013-10-25 at 11:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •