Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Travel does not motivate you to work. Travel motivates you to make money. Money motivates you to work.

The answer is going to be the same for most everyone. Money is what motivates us to work. Potential money is what motivates us to go to school.
    Son, don't. You know exactly what I mean so no need to nitpick :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Travel does not motivate you to work. Travel motivates you to make money. Money motivates you to work.

The answer is going to be the same for most everyone. Money is what motivates us to work. Potential money is what motivates us to go to school.
    That's kind of a circular argument don't you think?

We want to travel so we work. Thus money is why we work. but we want money so we can travel, so really we work so we can travel, but we need money to travel...and on, and on, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends...

I don't work so I can make money. I work so I can buy the things I need and want. Sure those things cost money, but really, who wants money for money's sake? Show of hands...would we rather have a hundred dollar bill, or the things we can buy with the hundred dollar bill?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Show of hands...would we rather have a hundred dollar bill, or the things we can buy with the hundred dollar bill?
    Idk, the new $100 bill is kind of nifty

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Idk, the new $100 bill is kind of nifty
    I've not seen one yet. Lol, it's kind of sad. I can't remember the last time I carried a bill around larger than a 20.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Academically, self-inflicted fear.
    Non-academically, primarily money, or evaluating non-cash opportunities/benefits of personal interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I've not seen one yet. Lol, it's kind of sad. I can't remember the last time I carried a bill around larger than a 20.
    Can't even remember when I carried a bill around at all. Must have been somewhen during the early 2000's xD

i only work because i dont wanna be homeless lol. otherwise i really dont care about money. all my friends always talk about money and just people in general always seem to want more money... i feel so bad for them cuz they arent happy, ever

money and sense of accomplishment

Access to information, power, respect, and a little bit of money. My coworkers would probably be surprised if they found out that I find work more entertaining than many other day-to-day things.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    I've had the great misfortune of having been able to live my dream for short amounts of time. This has had the side effect of totally changing my perspective on life. What previously felt like meaningful pursuits now feel hollow and boring. All i can think about is yet again being able to live my dream. All me energy and effort is channeled in to achieving that with the crushing realization that i do not make nearly enough money to support that kind of lifestyle permanently. Even though my dream does not require a large amount of money, it does mean that i am forced to keep my day job in order to have my 8 weeks of bliss a year.

Be careful what you wish for. Ignorance really is bliss.