Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    yep arguably another feature of GW2 they copied lol

The GW2 devs explicitly said the whole game was built around individual loot in response to all the QQing in wow since vanilla. An improvement they said shouldve been made a long time ago in Wow.
    And holy crap man, get your GW2 blinded fan attitude out of here, if you like GW2 better then go play GW2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    EQ2 implemented mentoring many years ago so don't even try it. All mmos copy features from each other.
    What this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    No No No No No No No. Running old _INSTANCED_ content at old levels is fine, knock yourselves out, but the zone wide deleveling guild wars style is in my humble opinion utter crap. If i need to do daily's / farm something i want to pull 20 mobs and aoe them down not have to eat / drink after every pull..... but then again i'm prolly in the minority that thinks blizzard by their own hand has made "overworld" content redundant and boring so feel free to start flaming.
    At no point whatsoever has Blizzard ever implied or said they wanted to forcefully delvl any players in any content whether it is dungeons or open world content. Seriously there isn't even an official announcement yet and people are already starting up bullshit nonsense.

NOT to burst your bubble but that's a known bug. You can replicate it with ease by going to a 5man finishing it using the LFD tool. When it's over and everyone leaves pop out your mole machine and take the mole then check the LFD interface and it will say do you want to look for more to finish the dungeon you say yes and within a few minutes you will be places with lvl 45-50 people. It's a nice bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Excited that you have to run instances you have already run for years with all your characters?
    What? Who said anything like that? It would be an optional feature for those who want to use it. Jesus christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    It basically does the same thing that happens in low level battlegrounds. A good thing, as long as it's optional and not forced upon.
    Why would Blizzard make players do this? Nothing in anything they have said in the past few years about level scaling has ever implied they would make players do this. Why are you people looking for trouble where there is none?

yep arguably another feature of GW2 they copied lol

The GW2 devs explicitly said (before GW2 launch) the whole game was built around individual loot, and that was in response to all the QQing in wow since vanilla. An improvement they said shouldve been made a long time ago in Wow.
    How soon before launch? Because here's the WoW Dev Watercooler from March '12 that discussed the personal loot:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886

Quote Originally Posted by Treacherous View Post
    if there going to scale gear down to be on par with leveling zones they better take away access to high level spells otherwise the whole system will just feel very dodgy
    Why would they scale gear and enchants and gems and not actual spells and abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Why would Blizzard make players do this? Nothing in anything they have said in the past few years about level scaling has ever implied they would make players do this. Why are you people looking for trouble where there is none?
    To be fair, mate, people have the right to worry. Though doubtful it will be forced on you, some people are just stating it would only be bad IF they forced it.

So all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacherous View Post
    if there going to scale gear down to be on par with leveling zones they better take away access to high level spells otherwise the whole system will just feel very dodgy
    Spells are already being scaled by level, and they're also getting scaled whenever you do stuff on the PTR or challenge modes. Different levels of spells haven't been in the game since Wrath I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It's a damn shame they come with this fuction when they've already destroyed the atmosphere in the old dungeons. Strat/scholo/SM/SFK etc etc aren't the same anymore with their "wotlk/cata" vibe. Would've enjoyed running the old SFK as my daily hc for example but doing the newer versions will be absolutely boring since those dungeons just feel empty now.
    Oh noes an endlessly changing mmo changed! It may be boring for you but these redesigns weren't done for those who want to live in the past.

As long as it's an option to have gear scaling, I am all for this. I don't want this to remove the option for my max levels to smash old raids/dungeons because sometimes that's what I feel like doing to relax after a long day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Spells are already being scaled by level, and they're also getting scaled whenever you do stuff on the PTR or challenge modes. Different levels of spells haven't been in the game since Wrath I believe.
    Been in the game since Vanilla too.

Remember when you had to train for Heroic strike level 7? Oh man, dat nostalgia.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    And holy crap man, get your GW2 blinded fan attitude out of here, if you like GW2 better then go play GW2.
    Whats your problem?

Why is it ok to say that other games took things off Wow yet its not ok to say that Wow wook things off other games?

Im simply explaining what GW2 have announced, they admit to taking stuff from Wow, but on the other hand they also point out what they think theyve improved from Wow.

Why dont u like hearing that posted?

The individual loot thing was a very highlighted announcement and they clearly stated it was in response to issues in Wow.

Now that Blizzard are going down that route does that mean the GW2 devs were right all that time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    It must have some pretty awesome rewards for high level characters to want to run old dungeons in scaled down gear. I can see it working as long as there are actually good rewards for doing so, otherwise it's completely pointless.
    Because god forbid anyone do anything for fun in this game anymore.

Now that Blizzard are going down that route does that mean the GW2 devs were right all that time ago?
    Right about what? GW2 wasn't even out yet before WoW announced scaling and personal loot. Or are you suggesting that Blizzard is able to see the future and gauge the popularity of features in games that aren't released yet?

At the end of the day i agree with Pann, and thats to say its pretty pointless to add this into Wow now after so long. If its optional the % of players who will activate it wioll be negligable as theres not much point to do so... like i said, Wow hasnt been designed from the ground up with scaling in mind, and it can only work if it has been designed that way.
    This is so fucking hilarious to me. Are you not one of the people that complain about the "community" being gone from WoW? And now there might be a feature that could help this a little, it's pointless? Seriously, my sides are splitting!

And this isn't copying from GW2 at all. This has been in games for years. But hey, whatever it takes to put WoW in a bad light, right?
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-10-21 at 07:11 PM.

Sometimes updated...

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How soon before launch? Because here's the WoW Dev Watercooler from March '12 that discussed the personal loot:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886
    Well this interview with GW2 devs is dated May 2010... is that early enough for u?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/05...about-dynamic/

Well this interview with GW2 devs is dated May 2010... is that early enough for u?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/05...about-dynamic/
    You're claiming popularity in GW2 as an argument. How can something be popular before the game even comes out?

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is so fucking hilarious to me. Ar eyou not one of the people that complain about the "community" being gone from WoW? And now there might be a feature that could help this a little, it's pointless? Seriously, my sides are splitting!
    How exacly does zone scaling help the community?

Im interested to hear that one...

Didn't blizzard mention this feature awhile ago? Something about being able to play with your friends even when you are higher level or something.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You're claiming popularity in GW2 as an argument. How can something be popular before the game even comes out?
    Where have i said anything about popularity?

i think u have misread what ive said.

Im just going on official announcements by both companies.