Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't get this to work when I tried it, got the "Teleport To Dungeon" option, but my gear didn't scale down.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Couldn't get this to work when I tried it, got the "Teleport To Dungeon" option, but my gear didn't scale down.
    What dungeon did you try?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be fun to relive the old karazhan gruul times haha, good thing theres oqueue now.

40 60 lvl ppl C'Thun prenerf.... I WANT TIS BLIZZARD GIVE IT TO ME!!!1111

They had the exact same mechanic for the Mists of Pandaria Beta i believe, i remember tanking with my upscaled Thunderfury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    What dungeon did you try?
    Diremaul North

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    They had the exact same mechanic for the Mists of Pandaria Beta i believe, i remember tanking with my upscaled Thunderfury.
    Upscaled Thunderfury you say?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who did every instance up to MoP at appropriate level and gear...

Beating current dungeons (especially in BC) were about finding the quickest, sneakiest way through so you could skip half the trash, out of the way bosses and finish as soon as possible.

This is a good find, and a good feature (although we mostly already knew it was in the works).

Main issue is as some people pointed out, to find a good incentive for people to actually use it. If there's no real reward for it that you can't get from soloing then there's not really any good reason to run them, if there's some mounts/transmog gear then people will just run it once for the reward and never look back (think challenge modes). If there's actually good gear, it suddenly becomes "mandatory", should the best way to gear actually be from old instances?
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Lets get to max level and gear up from dungeons and raids so we can scale our levels and gear down. Yup, i can hardly contain my excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Z0MG!!!!!!!11111111 can't wait to pwn with my TF again ;p

/hardon

Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Lets get to max level and gear up from dungeons and raids so we can scale our levels and gear down. Yup, i can hardly contain my excitement.
    Just cause you can't see the fun in running a challenging Maraudon instance with a group of friends does not mean the feature is not wanted or not worth the development...

I just hope blizz also considers scaling all 5man/raids up to max level, as alternative content to farming points and epics of lower quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Just cause you can't see the fun in running a challenging Maraudon instance with a group of friends does not mean the feature is not wanted or not worth the development...

I just hope blizz also considers scaling all 5man/raids up to max level, as alternative content to farming points and epics of lower quality.
    Unless there are some drastic changes to low level dungeons you are not going to find any sort of challenge especially if your group of friends is vaguely competent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.. the code for the 'item squish' accidentally activated (due to trying to "teleport to dungeon" while already being in a dungeon)? /shrug

#FlightIsImportant

just a thought, but with the individual loot system from LFR, you could have a loot "pool" per class for 5 man heroics/normals, like the old 5 man dungeon sets with a small set bonus tacked on - styled on an iconic tier set from vanilla or something. kind of like the challenge mode set, but retro.

crazy thought time, you could even extend the set bonus to 6 and 8 pieces, with the 6 piece bonus additional gold from classic dungeons and the 8 piece bonus +10% mount drop bonus from classic dungeons and raids.

even crazier thought time - if you made the set pieces into transmog only items, the set bonus could be applied to whatever gearset you are using - or, better idea perhaps, you could have a special class "artifact" with the same bonus abilities, the artifact would be broken into pieces scattered throughout the old 5 mans/raids and you have X% chance of getting a piece from the end boss of every instance you do. - with a much larger 5 man dungeon pool to pull an instance from, i'd be happy farming up the artifact pieces and re-runnning some nostalgia-fest instances.

feel free to steal my idea blizzard - i know you lurk on these forums
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-10-24 at 09:48 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Friday night drunken flex raid into gear-scaled Karazhan? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Friday night drunken flex raid into gear-scaled Karazhan? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Win.

Run away little girl, run away! Muahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Unless there are some drastic changes to low level dungeons you are not going to find any sort of challenge especially if your group of friends is vaguely competent.
    pre-cata vanilla stuff + tbc heroics + a bunch of achievements (proper ones, not the kind you get without even trying) = Legacy Dungeonmaster.

reward title and mount and there you go, free content for all of us nostalgia motherfuckers ;p

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    pre-cata vanilla stuff + tbc heroics + a bunch of achievements (proper ones, not the kind you get without even trying) = Legacy Dungeonmaster.

reward title and mount and there you go, free content for all of us nostalgia motherfuckers ;p
    Personally this would be amazing doing vanilla+tbc+wotlk raids/dungeons again at appropriate difficulty. But the problem is gonna be the QQ-ers who are like ''WTF? blizz recycled content GTFO!''. This would give me so much to do and have some fun in the game but I don't think the majority of people think the same way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post

Unfortunately they would have to make them more difficult. You're even more powerful than heirloomed characters due to epic budget. You can already solo/duo all the levelling dungeons in that gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Pointless. But a lot of people will be happy to do old content - happy Blizz who has to design less!
    I myself could not even imagine myself doing the dungeons right now at their correct level, because even at the correct level you can just faceroll them... It's a farce.