Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Diremaul North

- - - Updated - - -

Upscaled Thunderfury you say?
    Indeed, missed out on the Cata enchants however it was great fun using it again, Sulfuras too.

If i remember correctly the mechanic was in place to normalize everyones ilvl to test the dungeons in the beta, wouldn't surprise me if they released it in some form or another though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    As someone who did every instance up to MoP at appropriate level and gear...

Beating current dungeons (especially in BC) were about finding the quickest, sneakiest way through so you could skip half the trash, out of the way bosses and finish as soon as possible.
    Only because they put so much trash in. Personally, I think that was fun. It wasn't about just barelling through from point A to point B. I still take the TBC route around in SV even though we don't really have to anymore at level, and none of the Wrath-and-later players understand it.

It also gives you a much larger pool to pull from for random dungeons, which is always good.

EDIT: I also wasn't able to replicate this bug, so not sure if it's really tricky to do or if it got hotfixed swiftly, but yeah.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-10-24 at 11:26 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

Bumping with a more clear method I found via the offical wow forums

Queue for a 90 dungeon with at least one other person - for the sake of simplicity let's say specifically one other person. Meaning form a group of 2 prior to queueing.

Complete the dungeon. Let the 3 randoms leave so you and your buddy still have the opportunity to use the teleport out of dungeon feature. One of you use that feature to go back to wherever you were before.

The person that teleported out goes and enters a low level dungeon.

The person remaining in the original 90 dungeon would then use the teleport out of dungeon feature. Then use the teleport to dungeon feature and should end up in the low level dungeon with some abilities scaled.
    Last edited by Bareno; 2013-10-27 at 07:06 PM.

So no new content, just more old dungeons replayed at proper ilvl? Of course it's not the gear that made them faceroll though, but the class mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see some potential here. Imagine challenge modes for classic dungeons or even something as crazy as a "Glory of the Classic Raider".

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    I could see some potential here. Imagine challenge modes for classic dungeons or even something as crazy as a "Glory of the Classic Raider".
    taking sunwell has examle, if you don't have to stack shaman for bl and shadow priest mana batteries, there is no challange; those istance are faceroll with the current gear, classes, specs no matter if you scale the characters back to appropriate level. Also all the raids received a flat 30% nerf at the end of tbc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Wouldn't WoW players hate this GW2 feature of "down-scaling" Levels/Gear iLvl? I thought the entire game revolved around grinding new gear so you could AOE all the mobs easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes older content equivalent to new content? I see no issue. They will still make new content, I dont see how this takes away tooooo much dev time

Just wanna say good job getting this "Feature" Noticed and MMO-Champion made their own video about it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The game isn't going to survive on old content getting recycled.
    Yes, because someone stumbling over a feature that isn't done yet or fully revealed naturally implies that this is the sole new feature they are bringing next expac, and all their effort went into this and nothing new. We're getting no new content ofc, silly us.

Get over yourself please.

I agree with Anarchor. Remember when Cataclysm launched you could see "9 new dungeons" of which 2 were revamped old ones (Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines). I can see that with this feature you'll see in upcoming expansion "Over 40 new dungeons to explore".

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The game isn't going to survive on old content getting recycled.
    I don't think anyone at Blizz is resting the games survival on this feature. But they also realise that it doesn't really make much sense to have huge raid dungeons sat empty.. only ever explored by solo players.. when they could perhaps introduce some scaling tech to allow groups to return to these dungeons and actually face challenging encounters. I for one am a fan of that. A difficult blackwing lair raid? Sign me up!! I don't see them thinking "OK players can return to Molton Core and Blackwing Lair, that's two new dungeons we don't need to make". They will still make the new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I don't think anyone at Blizz is resting the games survival on this feature. But they also realise that it doesn't really make much sense to have huge raid dungeons sat empty.. only ever explored by solo players.. when they could perhaps introduce some scaling tech to allow groups to return to these dungeons and actually face challenging encounters. I for one am a fan of that. A difficult blackwing lair raid? Sign me up!! I don't see them thinking "OK players can return to Molton Core and Blackwing Lair, that's two new dungeons we don't need to make". They will still make the new dungeons.
    Yes. They'll "just" make less of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I dont see how anyone really wants to spend extended time in old content when they can just blitz through them with toons which outlevel the content.

We have had these dungeons for up to 8 years and we have run through them literally hundreds of times, most people did them when they were challenging back in the day too. So why would anyone change the settings so they can play this content at a level they will spend loads more time than necessary? Would anyone really enjoy spending even more hours in the same dungeons theyve spent hundreds of hours in the past?

The only reason i can see is nostalgia.

The nostalgic among those still playing would enjoy a run through this old right... but i thought nostalgia was a dirty word after some recent volatile threads on the subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I dont see how anyone really wants to spend extended time in old content when they can just blitz through them with toons which outlevel the content.

We have had these dungeons for up to 8 years and we have run through them literally hundreds of times, most people did them when they were challenging back in the day too. So why would anyone change the settings so they can play this content at a level they will spend loads more time than necessary? Would anyone really enjoy spending even more hours in the same dungeons theyve spent hundreds of hours in the past?

The only reason i can see is nostalgia.

The nostalgic among those still playing would enjoy a run through this old right... but i thought nostalgia was a dirty word after some recent volatile threads on the subject...
    I think the down scaling can be for doing old content with your friends but instead of nuking the place you can downgrade your self queue LFD with a new friend and do the dungeon as you would if you're of the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think the down scaling can be for doing old content with your friends but instead of nuking the place you can downgrade your self queue LFD with a new friend and do the dungeon as you would if you're of the same level.
    Plus, since everything would be scaled, you could add them to the Random Dungeon queue and vastly increase the number of potential places you could be sent. I know I get kinda sick of running the same 1-3 dungeons a dozen times before I move onto the next 1-3 dungeons in my level range. Variety is good for keeping things fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I agree with Anarchor. Remember when Cataclysm launched you could see "9 new dungeons" of which 2 were revamped old ones (Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines). I can see that with this feature you'll see in upcoming expansion "Over 40 new dungeons to explore".
    I reckon this will just be an optional feature, much like lfr/flex and CM even. Something you can do for fun.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I reckon this will just be an optional feature, much like lfr/flex and CM even. Something you can do for fun.
    exactly. and quite honestly Challenge Modes and Flex raid work fantastic IMO. so we know bosses mechanics/health can be scaled pretty damn good (flex raids) and ilvl/difficulty can be scaled really nicely (challenge modes).

i posted this link, immediately after seeing it yesterday, in gchat and my guild went crazy at the thought of being able to run scaled & tuned versions of Vanilla & BC dungeons and raids again where they are actually difficult again. Would be tons of fun for non-progression nights! challenge mode raids sound absolutely amazing to me. I personally loved challenge mode dungeons and wish there was a lot more than 9 of them.

my heart is melting:
    Challenge mode type: karazhan, magtheridon, serpentshrine, black temple, naxx, aq 20/40, and ALL the dungeons from that era would be so much fun.... gear wouldnt even matter but it would be cool to get back some of the old items that can also scale (like heirlooms) for that type of content. hell, they can even just give bosses xmog items without stats that drop - that would be pretty tight. isnt that why most ppl ran challenge modes anyway, for the xmog set and mount?
    Last edited by buffmageslol; 2013-10-28 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    So isnt this still just being nostalgic?

I cant see any other reason to change the settings so u spend longer than u need to in the instance... u can still have fun with your friends blitzing through it when u outlevel it right...

I must add that they'll really have do this properly if they're going to do it, a level 40 scaled down level 90 should have equal power to a level 40 with full heirlooms, or at least not much more. If it were up to me then it would scale you down to the maximum level of a zone to quest there. So maybe level 50 in Tanaris, 40 in Feralas etc. Bam, high level gankers fixed.

Dungeon scaling should be optional though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne