Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[BrM] Rune of Re-origination in SOO

Hi,

Is it just me, or do we really have to farm the heroic version of the rune ?
    Aside from some situational fights like Galakras (cleave trinket) and Thok (aoe reduce trinket) I feel like there is nothing to pair with the blackfuse trinket. To be honest, I feel like I would rather take the rune in combination with those situational trinkets :| (Even the normal mode one)

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are enough trinkets for every situation. I'd personally go with the CDR trinket from Malorok paired with anything else 90% of the time. On farm fights I'd switch to Multistrike (Dark Shaman) with Blackfuse for more DPS, AOE farm fights get Blackfuse/Cleave (Spoils), Progression fights get CDR trinket with Blackfuse except H Malkorok which gets CDR and Rook's (Protectors).

I haven't found the need for Rune as on progression fights with a mastery build it kills your EB generation, and crit build it kills your stagger % for its duration.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the i530 RoRo myself. Still provides the most DPS (crit) than any other trinket and mastery spec is good for 25m HC. The CD reduction only helps on fights like Malkorok or a tiny amount of others where it causes your CD's to line up with key fight events that matter.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Still using rune (crit) paired with either cleave or multistrike. Seems to work nicely, and i'm just a cloak swap away from it proccing mastery so...

I'm still running ToT every weekend in hopes of getting a 549 version of this, though to answer the OP, I'll probably run Rune + Haromm's/Rampage for #1 scumbag once we kill Garrosh. Ebon Ticking Detonator + (Appropriate Trinket for the encounter) for progression.

I don't see myself replacing it any time soon. Once I get either the Siegecrafter trinket or Multistrike one, I'll just pair it with RoRo, and for specific fights the CD Reduction one/AoE Reduction one.

- - - Updated - - -

(I use a normal double upgraded one, I would love a heroic one, though).

I still use the normal 530 rune proccing crit. I'm thinking that it might not worth using when my base crit gets higher as the proc becomes less valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I still use the normal 530 rune proccing crit. I'm thinking that it might not worth using when my base crit gets higher as the proc becomes less valuable.
    Your already hitting 100% crit when Rune proc's FYI. The uptime of the buff isn't high enough to devalue crit to the point where you wouldn't stack it for non-proc periods.

I'm not sure what the X vs Y intercept would be between uptime % vs putting rating > 100% crit chance during proc into Haste would provide more DPS than just flat out stacking crit to the moon. Obviously you are hitting the EB "soft cap" for both DW and 2H during proc's as well but again I don't think that matters much.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Using RoRo to proc crit is basically going to be a waste in any kind of half-way decent gear. The crit cap is what, like 75% or so? Less if you DW. People are going to be hitting a point where you lose more stats than you gain with a RoRo proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Using RoRo to proc crit is basically going to be a waste in any kind of half-way decent gear. The crit cap is what, like 75% or so? Less if you DW. People are going to be hitting a point where you lose more stats than you gain with a RoRo proc.
    so much /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    so much /facepalm
    heh yeah all you lose is the 2% crit = 0.9% dodge conversion for EB generation, but you still get ALL the other benefits of crit.
    [/URL]

You mean like the best dps conversion stat? Yea crit is quite great.

If youre using RoRo crit for survival.. you have other issues to fix

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Your already hitting 100% crit when Rune proc's FYI. The uptime of the buff isn't high enough to devalue crit to the point where you wouldn't stack it for non-proc periods.

I'm not sure what the X vs Y intercept would be between uptime % vs putting rating > 100% crit chance during proc into Haste would provide more DPS than just flat out stacking crit to the moon. Obviously you are hitting the EB "soft cap" for both DW and 2H during proc's as well but again I don't think that matters much.
    Yeah def already hitting 100% crit with a proc. Aside from other Agility procs being up, I think Rune is putting me ~102% crit when it's up. As long as that stays at 103% or below (crit supression is 3% on bosses I think) it's all effective Crit %. What I mean is when I start getting enough crit for Rune procs to push me to 110% it will be less worth using. I'm not sure what the point will be where multistrike or another trinket wins in dps, but I'm letting the dps players get those trinkets first.

Obv talking about a pure +dps perspective here, not survivability. I tried a Mastery = Crit + 1 with Rune build for Garrosh 10 normal attempts a few weeks ago, I wasn't dying but I wanted to try it out, and it seemed like a total waste. In 10 man it just seems like I'm best off going for the highest dps gear configuration since I never really die, other than the occasional Niuzao cloak proc (yea I'll eat crow I said the tank cloak was dumb way back and it's been useful a lot so far).

I'm currently using the Heroic Talisman of Bloodlust still for lack of anything better. I do have a Raid-Finder RoRo though. Would something so low ilvl still be worth using over that bc of the proc?

Nah, proc is good, but it's not a gamebreaker (like it was for WW).

You will find better trinkets on SoO.

Just did Chi-ji self buffed with normal TF rune and had 74% crit on Keg Smash and 1 single non crit/glance/missed melee. Beginning to think it's a bit over the top espeically considering I didn't have the 5% crit raid buff or food. Might just use Juju heroic instead from now on. Is the Brewmaster simcraft module done as well as the Paladin one? Would be nice to be able to check stuff like this on the fly.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

I'm still using RoRo for the mastery proc. Also because I don't have any new trinkets I particularly like, but I still think I prefer RoRo. 100% stagger is awesome, and the uptime is decent. I recognize the flaws inherent in RNG tanking procs, but you're unkillable by physical damage with a proc. That's kind of hard to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like a Rune of Re-Origination but the best I ever got was a LFR . Also the 10 sec shieldwall from mastery build seems OK but random procs (like the tank LMG in 5.2) are random and not being controllable takes a lot of value away when in terms of survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    heh yeah all you lose is the 2% crit = 0.9% dodge conversion for EB generation, but you still get ALL the other benefits of crit.
    You're totally right if you completely overgear everything and have no need at all for mastery or your 4pc. Otherwise, the crit is totally wasted. That's fine for farm fights but being a nonissue for healing is more valuable in progression than turning into a severely under geared tank with a small dps increase as a proc.

Don't forget you also lose haste which does have some dps value as well on top of whatever trinkets you may have to increase dps instead.

Considering you've brought no math to back up your claims I'll assume you're just making assumptions and have no clue.

RoRo will proc for like 50% crit for me. That'll be a 30% damage increase only during the proc. sounds like a lot but it really isn't when something like haromm will give you flat 4% if you use it instead. Not worth it at all when you take noticeably larger damage and lose your haste which also has damage.

It's a waste.

I did the math in my head. Tell me if I did it wrong.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2013-10-25 at 11:14 AM.

heres an idea, go back to the BrM thread, and look at the posts doing actual concrete math (not in your head) about all this. And you will see how and why RoRo is still so powerful this tier.

kkthxbai