Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Figured I'd post this.

We did the 8/2 split again this week for our farm kill, but this week we had our resto druid heal the bottom since our disc priest was gone that day. He said it was the easiest fight he'd done all tier. So basically, you can do the bottom group with any setup, not just disc/hpal. Figured I'd let you guys know. He just ironbarked himself for every prison, and I didn't need a shield since Defensive Stance passively mitigates Prison and barrier absorbs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of strat would you suggest with the following comp:

prot. pala and guardian + os prot. warri as 3rd tank (decent gear and good tanking skill)
    2x resto druid + mw
    2 hunter, 1 mage, wlock/ele shaman

?

I guess from reading though the 8/2 split posts that one could be the one for my guild, but which tank should be alone on Kadris?

If one would go with with the 8/2 split how does the tank kill the slimes off, if they shouldn't go near those... Healer just spam heals the tank? We don't have any BrM for the kiting with the barrels.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-12-30 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Coming from the World First HC Thok 2 heal guild, the statement that the healing is easy probably won't apply to less progressed guilds with less OP healers :P Our first kill was with 2 healers in the 540ilvl range and a priest on his own with the Kardris group in the 550s.
    Except you had a holy paly 549(which sure goes into the 540ilvl range, but in the context it seems miss leading), a 551 resto druid and 559 disc. All together miss leading. Not nice to miss guide people in your own guide thread. Not that its not impressive. We 2 healed it since our first kill, given i was 561 disc and the resto shaman 561 so i bet you could have pulled it off with just the druid og holy paladin - but i agree, its not needed at all and might aswell just 3 heal it in that ilvl range you had.

Anyway, its a very nice guide altogether and i learned a few new things which is always great. Also think its very nice of you to put in the emergency tactic, we have been using it by ourselfs, but it had been nice from when we progressed. Also if the emergency is a dps have died in the Kadris group you can always just run one dps up there from the other group, have gotten us the kill once at the least :P

Our tank usually say its from where he himself is facing and not the boss, but well i cant be sure myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

prot. pala and guardian + os prot. warri as 3rd tank (decent gear and good tanking skill)
    2x resto druid + mw

?

I guess from reading though the 8/2 split posts that one could be the one for my guild, but which tank should be alone on Kadris?

If one would go with with the 8/2 split how does the tank kill the slimes off, if they shouldn't go near those... Healer just spam heals the tank? We don't have any BrM for the kiting with the barrels.
    Without a disc i would say the paladin. Bop + Sacrifice are pretty strong on iron prisons if you are lacking disc/holy paladin. I don't think the other tanks have anything that beats that in order of surviving the iron prisons.

Edit: hand of purity as stated in the guide is very strong on Haromm.

Find out where you want your iron barks and your bops/sacrifices.
    Last edited by wrynil; 2014-01-03 at 04:25 AM.

2x resto druid + mw

?

Assuming equal skill and gear the warrior should be down below. Since that isn't the case, take your pick :P The oozes needs to be slowed and kited. You cannot get close enough all the time to smack them. They will destroy a tank. You have tons of ranged for that job.

Peoples mileage varies but we have 2 people up top (2 tanks and a healer). It's high throughput there so make sure its a good healer with good awareness. We just have the rest down below. It's important to move as a group (perfectly stacked) so you don't all end up all over the place when the whirlwinds spawn. Then its just a matter of moving a few paces to the side when was does spawn. No absorb heals will make this fun for you.

Imo the kill revolves around 2 things.
    1) Handle the iron prisons. With no absorbs people will have to be at 100% and pop a personal.
    2) Correct timing of falling ash. It HAS to be timed to be offset against the prisons. You want to bring the bosses to 50% when a prison debuff is about to expire or has 30 seconds on it. At 50% the falling ash cast starts and its 15 seconds till the damage comes. Done perfectly it offsets the prison and falling ash damage with 15 seconds. All other damage is in theory, avoidable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior has the tanking skill and fully normal T16 gear (+/- some HC pieces), but he has never tanked the Shamans.

You use 2 or 3 healers Deja? And only trees and monk to choose from (our resto shaman is not HC material) unfortunately.

From what I read the timing issue will be the thing which will cause us few wipes on top of the Prisons. However I am not sure what can an ele. shaman use for personal dmg mitigation, any tips on that?

We use 3 though with good play 2 is do-able. 1 top and 2 bottom. I think top is throughput and bottom is spike damage though you can completely negate a lot of damage down below (you won't though on early attempts)

Shamans have shamanistic rage (30% 1 min), astral shift and I'd imagine stone bulwark totem though I'm not sure what they lose to take that.

very useful, thank you.

Warrior has the tanking skill and fully normal T16 gear (+/- some HC pieces), but he has never tanked the Shamans.

You use 2 or 3 healers Deja? And only trees and monk to choose from (our resto shaman is not HC material) unfortunately.

From what I read the timing issue will be the thing which will cause us few wipes on top of the Prisons. However I am not sure what can an ele. shaman use for personal dmg mitigation, any tips on that?
    Warrior downstairs in this case - Spell Reflect is awesome on Kardriss - with a Resto Druid; as mentioned earlier, Druids are just as viable as Paladins and Priests assuming they keep their Barkskin cooldown available for when Prison is about to hit, and of course your Warrior will have enough passive mitigation to survive it. To answer your second question, Elemental Shaman have Shamanistic Rage (30% DR) and can talent Astral Shift (40% DR) for personal survival.

I can't find a video of 10m HC where the boss aren't split. If anyone has one, I'd like to see it.
    We'd like to try a solo heal disc strategy on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    I can't find a video of 10m HC where the boss aren't split. If anyone has one, I'd like to see it.
    We'd like to try a solo heal disc strategy on this one.
    Probably not a good idea without splitting them. Toxic mist damage + mechanics would be rough for one healer, not to mention making prison deaths very likely.

If you want to 1-heal it, you'll probably want one of the bosses dealt with solely by tanks. For example, our early kills had just the tanks on Haromm and the other 8 raiders on Kardriss, with a disc single-healing the Kardriss group (we now have a 2nd healer down there, since we've changed healers and our new pally doesn't have a good enough OS to make switching worthwhile, and it's a lot more reliable with 2 anyway).

Thank you for your answer, but 2 tanks can handle Harromm without a healer ? Just with self heal ?

Thank you for your answer, but 2 tanks can handle Harromm without a healer ? Just with self heal ?
    Depends on their class, most likely.

We have bear+DK up there and it is honestly not bad at all.

As progress? No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    As progress? No chance.
    It is really not hard, we ended up doing it for our first kill just because having a healer up there was useless (just one died most attempts, and we didn't have a 2nd in the roster).

But it most likely depends on the players - and classes - of the tanks up there. A warrior might have 0 chance, a druid can take it and dish out millions of healing to the other tank at the same time. It's potentially worth a shot, but it'd be pretty obvious if it won't work.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-01-05 at 07:45 PM.

Thank you very much for great suggestions.

2/8 strat worked very well on our first kill. We downed this boss after 8 tries (usually personal fails with handling foul stream at upper group).

2: dk, disc -> Kardris down, kiting and divine staring blobs
    8: guardian, brewmaster (OS), resto druid, holy pala, rouge, fury warr, enh shaman, hunter

Since we are melee heavy, this was imo best solution for us.

Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=6437&e=6881

I was (after kill) thinking about sending resto druid down (and rotating his dmg red. abilities on himself) and me disc up, to smooth some damage taken in upper group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about Iron Bark. Our resto said that if he'd be the only one down, he wouldn't have one up for each of the Prison things. Or as he/I misunderstood something?

I have a question about Iron Bark. Our resto said that if he'd be the only one down, he wouldn't have one up for each of the Prison things. Or as he/I misunderstood something?
    Hes correct, 2 debuffs expire at the same time. That's why people have to use personal defensives.

In the 8/2 split, the druid should have Iron bark every time his own prison expires. The tank should have enough passive mitigation to survive it, maybe using a cd if not topped off.

In other splits, you are correct, Iron bark can only be applied to one of the two prisons, and the other person needs a personal defensive cd or absorb shield.

Deleted
    So much information but so gud. I did it finally with my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 attempts on these 2 and a 16 mil wipe cause the bosses despawned...

Slimes coming through Garrosh's room and the Iron Prison cast spam is meh, but what did annoy me the most was that our 16 mil wipe due to bosses despawning was weird.

Here's what happened: Kadri's tank died, CR used on someone else, so no ress possible. Kadris's tank healer was alive and kited boss/blobs around until the second tank from Haromm got there. He got Kadris, he got some of the slimes. Other slimes where on top of the third tank. The "original" healer on Kadris, second tank and few DPS died. The third tank had both bosses and some of the slimes, 1 healer and few 1 DPS were alive. And few sec after the last tank got both bosses they despawned.

Can anyone think of the reason they despawned? So we can avoid that in future if end up in the same situation. It is clear that if 2 people on Kadris die, the bosses despawn, cause the other 8 people are not in her/slimes aggro table, but that was just weird. Could it be that for some reason the slimes make the bosses despawn if they have not found anyone to aggro (healing aggro whatever) for some reason?

Other then that, if the warrior gets used to tanking again (he has Kadris) and people in the Haromm's group stop dieing to not paying attention it'll be a kill. As we have both DPS/healing numbers I guess.

But possible will be altering the 2/8 strat to 3/7 split, by having 1 hunter with the warrior to help keep the slimes under control.