Poll: Should Alliance see their precious Dalaran city somewhere in Azeroth as theirs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think having 2 cities with the same name in the game would lead to problems, if Blizz say Dalaran is moving then the best option is to remove it from Cristal song once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    100% agree,
    The only real change would be the removal of the violet hold as a dungeon. A part from that I dont really think anything else the horde would require from Dalaran.
    Move it to the caverns of time, problem solved... Afterhall, VH is in the past.

EDIT: Still i must admit, seeing Dalaran going away its a weird sensation, its my favorite city, and not seeing it in Northrend is strange.

Another option is keep it as a neutral sanctuary city, i know jaina taked it, but Garrosh has been slain and Vol'Jin is now the Horde's big boss, it does not need to become aliance only.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2013-10-21 at 03:20 PM.

How is this for an idea.

Dalaran lands somewhere that is part of the new content in a new expansion.
    And it becomes part of the land, it will no longer move, ever.

And with the High Elf become a playable race for the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    That would be badass, lets do this!

Imagine the horde controling this bad boy..

Why should the Alliance get an extra capital city? How does that make sense from a game balance perspective?

Well as Vol'jin is the new Warchief, he get in touch with a ancient different looking race that has some troll connnections on of the islands in the deep sea and they become a playable Horde race.

I don't think we'll see much, if anything, of Dalaran in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Why should the Alliance get an extra capital city? How does that make sense from a game balance perspective?
    What about..

Dalaran is now lorewise moving above Azeroth, probably near Siege of Orgrimmar.
    What if Dalaran crash and burns? And this is explored and seen as a High Elf player that is within Dalaran doing quests and *boom*

Crash, land, destroyed, survivor without a home, a High Elf, of course is an Alliance already so, yeah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    How is this for an idea.

Dalaran lands somewhere that is part of the new content in a new expansion.
    And it becomes part of the land, it will no longer move, ever.

And with the High Elf become a playable race for the Alliance.
    So the aliance would get a race with EXACTLY the same lore as the blood elfs.. Asside from the split in wc3.. And the only visible diference being a diferen colour of eyes.. LoL.. Will totaly work.. Yeah..

I have been seing posts like this since TBC.. Ppl just need to get over it.. You will never get High elfs..

Also you would destroy dalaran again? Bloody hell.. Poor city..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    What about..

Dalaran is now lorewise moving above Azeroth, probably near Siege of Orgrimmar.
    What if Dalaran crash and burns? And this is explored and seen as a High Elf player that is within Dalaran doing quests and *boom*

Crash, land, destroyed, survivor without a home, a High Elf, of course is an Alliance already so, yeah!
    Sure you have a zone, but I still want to see this radically different model.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, the poll is biased and badly worded. AND it presses my personal berserk button of Alliance High Elves, I wish that idea would be buried, High Elves are playable people they are called Blood Elves and they are Horde.

Moving on, should Dalaran become an Alliance only city in the next expansion?

Tricky.

There are three ways to handle this.

1.)Change nothing. A likely outcome, even if it doesn't reflect the status quo we should treat each expansion as occurring in it's own distinct time period.

2.)Dalaran returns to neutrality. The Sunreavers come back and there is some flavour text about the division in the first place. Rhonin permanently replaced by Jaina. This is really unlikely and it would be completely unsatisfying storywise.

3.) Bite the bullet.

Dalaran was apparently going to be moved to appear during the SoO raining firey death down on Orgrimmar but the devs decided against it. But what it does imply is that the Devs ARE prepared to move Dalaran, I believe it has been hinted Dalaran is going to move again.

IF this happens Blizzard will need to do some retuning in Northrend. Alliance and Horde hubs replacing Dalaran will have to be developed, not at the same scale as a capital but perhaps similar in size to the Shrine of the Two Moons and Seven Stars.

Content no longer relevant would be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Dalaran's logical destination will be to replace Theramore. So it's lose a city, gain a city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    So the aliance would get a race with EXACTLY the same lore as the blood elfs.. Asside from the split in wc3.. And the only visible diference being a diferen colour of eyes.. LoL.. Will totaly work.. Yeah..

I have been seing posts like this since TBC.. Ppl just need to get over it.. You will never get High elfs..

Also you would destroy dalaran again? Bloody hell.. Poor city..
    I agree but there is an extensive thread about High Elves elsewhere, lets talk about Dalaran becoming pure Alliance.

Plausible but would require work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Firstly, the poll is biased and badly worded. AND it presses my personal berserk button of Alliance High Elves, I wish that idea would be buried, High Elves are playable people they are called Blood Elves and they are Horde.

Moving on, should Dalaran become an Alliance only city in the next expansion?

Tricky.

There are three ways to handle this.

1.)Change nothing. A likely outcome, even if it doesn't reflect the status quo we should treat each expansion as occurring in it's own distinct time period.

2.)Dalaran returns to neutrality. The Sunreavers come back and there is some flavour text about the division in the first place. Rhonin permanently replaced by Jaina. This is really unlikely and it would be completely unsatisfying storywise.

3.) Bite the bullet.

Dalaran was apparently going to be moved to appear during the SoO raining firey death down on Orgrimmar but the devs decided against it. But what it does imply is that the Devs ARE prepared to move Dalaran, I believe it has been hinted Dalaran is going to move again.

IF this happens Blizzard will need to do some retuning in Northrend. Alliance and Horde hubs replacing Dalaran will have to be developed, not at the same scale as a capital but perhaps similar in size to the Shrine of the Two Moons and Seven Stars.

Content no longer relevant would be cut.

Dalaran's logical destination will be to replace Theramore. So it's lose a city, gain a city.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but there is an extensive thread about High Elves elsewhere, lets talk about Dalaran becoming pure Alliance.

Plausible but would require work.
    Im totaly ok with the aliance getting dala.. Would make a lot of sense.. But saying Dala could replace theramore as a "Oh we lost a city so we gain dala" makes no sence..

If that's how things go i wouldnt mind losing lets say.. Tarren Mill to get a flying necropolis that could move up to any ally city and rain destruction (:

Dala is the most powerfull fortress in the world asside from maby Malykriss.. So if the ally ever got it completly under their control.. The horde should get something like Malykriss.. Or the power scale in the game will just get more and more imbalanced..

You visit Dalaran in Northrend, you see Rhonin <Leader of the Kirin Tor>

Oh well. I guess Rhonin didn't die from the blast in Theramore and Jaina didn't take his place as the leader of the Kirin Tor?

Yes, this is a perfect example on why they can't have two Dalaran. As they can have one alive Rhonin and one dead in Azeroth.

There are only 2 way I could see that happening.

-Blizzard revamps Northrend like they did in Cata, and phases Dalaran out while plopping down a camp in it's place or something. Extremely unlikely because of the timeline and many other things like miniscule budgets.
    -Blizzard leaves the old Dalaran as is and makes a second one float somewhere else. Unlikely because of inconsistency and logic.

I also have the feeling that they kinda regret blowing up Theramore, so I don't expect them to make such big changes any time soon again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Dalaran moves in game, it moves exactly where it came from.
    If one paid attention, at first there was just a crater left in Hillsbrad. Nothing else. Since quite some time the mages are back there, conjuring the former existing dome.
    Now how could Dalaran be in 2 spots at the same time in the game? The answer is simple, and we know it already..
    Phasing..... It could very well be back in Hillsbrad if it was phased content. Which means only characters with the applicable content progress could see it, and maybe access it. Should it be an Alliance city?
    No.. I think the lore should progress into reversal. The Kirin Tor need/should fall back into neutrality.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Im totaly ok with the aliance getting dala.. Would make a lot of sense.. But saying Dala could replace theramore as a "Oh we lost a city so we gain dala" makes no sence..

If that's how things go i wouldnt mind losing lets say.. Tarren Mill to get a flying necropolis that could move up to any ally city and rain destruction (:

Dala is the most powerfull fortress in the world asside from maby Malykriss.. So if the ally ever got it completly under their control.. The horde should get something like Malykriss.. Or the power scale in the game will just get more and more imbalanced..
    Don't forget lore wise the Exodar is alos now fully functional and can fly also, so the alliance already has a flying city.

Tbh I think the Alliance should have dalaran as it would provide a great starting point for any new expansion, you can reuse Dalaran as the alliance staging point.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seems to forget that Dalaran in Northrend is in another time peroid then when Jaina took control of the city. So the Dalaran one in Northrend could stay as it is, while the current Dalaran can be Alliance Only. And there is only 2 logical locations for Dalaran to me. One is at Theramore. This gives the Alliance a proper city on Kalimdor once again after the Theremore destruction. Other one is at Kul Tiras. It would be good way to finally introduce Kul Tiras into the game and show what Jaina is doing right now. Last one is logical if the next expansion is a sea expansion though.

If it happens to be the alliance main hub for the next expansion there will be a lot of complaining that alliance gets rehashed content while the horde gets a brand new base so i'd vote for no in that case.

If it was in one of the new zones for the next expansion, then it could make sense because you'd have Northrend Dalaran (in WOTLK timeline because of timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff) and <New Zone> Dalaran, so leveling people wouldn't have a disconnect wondering why Dalaran is here and then why it's in Northrend (also would have quests/NPCs that reiterate the fact that Dalaran kicked out the Sunreavers and went full Alliance during the Pandaria Campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    If it happens to be the alliance main hub for the next expansion there will be a lot of complaining that alliance gets rehashed content while the horde gets a brand new base so i'd vote for no in that case.
    That depends, Image a dalaran with big alliance banners drapping down the towers and the former sunreaver area redesigned into a war council location. Even the sewers could be redone to remove the arena guys and replace the area with new features.

I think Dalaran was and will be again an amazing Main Hub.

Deleted
    they should do it but it means that they should redo some quests and zones. And about playable HE, i'd rather see them than Arakkoa or Vyrkul as a playable race but i'm not sure if it should be connected with making Dalaran Alliance city. I mean racial capital should be somewhere in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms imo so if it became HE capital it should move to Dalaran crater or to Theramore crater or at least should levitate somewhere there.