how to complete quest Pandaren Spirit Tamer

hello all,
    what team to pick for each fight on this quest?
    peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    nope, did that also, always nice to see a smart ... around the corner

for my first kill i used rapana(sp) whelk, zandalari toenibbler, and pocket reaver. also found that emperor crap for the whelk works too

15+ Year Old Account
    A max level Emerald Proto-Whelp (P/P breed is especially good) can solo the Whispering and Burning spirit.
    Two moths can kill the Flowing spirit.
    The Thundering spirit is arguably the hardest, think I used a snail and two mech pets; one being the Darkmoon tonk.
    If anyone has a reliable two pet strategy for the Thundering Spirit I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The Thundering spirit is arguably the hardest, think I used a snail and two mech pets; one being the Darkmoon tonk.
    If anyone has a reliable two pet strategy for the Thundering Spirit I'd love to hear it.
    Use a Rabbit with 300+ speed (doesn't have to be a S/S breed rabbit) and use Dodge and Burrow. Flurry or Scratch is personal preference. Also use Darkmoon Tonk with Missile, Lock On, and Mines.

Turn 1, attack (Crystal Prison does nothing). Turn 2, Dodge. Turn 3, attack. Turn 4, Burrow. Attack. Repeat sequence when he casts Crystal Prison.

Repeat for the Ooze until Rabbit is dead (you should be able to get 3/4 of its life down, but DON'T kill it), sub in your leveling pet, then put in the Darkmoon Tonk. Drop the mines first, then kill the ooze.

For the Rat, Turn 1 Missile, Turn 2 Lock On, Turn 3 Lock On, Turn 4 Missile, rat should be dead. Dealing with the rat requires the mines be up and preferably your Tonk's free res still available to eat the rat's Burrow.

=======

Alternatively you can sub out the Rabbit when the ooze comes out and sub it back in to deal with the Rat; with proper ability usage the Rat won't be able to hit the Rabbit. Rat uses Burrow, you use Dodge, attack once (his Stone Rush will miss), attack again (free turn), then Burrow (Stone Rush misses). Repeat. The entire basis is on the Rat's usage of Burrow.

In which case use a dragon of your choice to kill the ooze (Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with Breath is a hard counter). Sub in your leveling pet the turn the rat is subbed in as he doesn't attack for the first turn.

I've done it both ways and the second method is more reliable, but rather boring. The first method is borne out of my perverse pleasure of having the mines explode on the NPCs.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-10-22 at 07:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried it, works decently but just going missile -> lock on -> lock on tends to get your big damage dodged by burrow and just the combo of the mines, a missile and a lock on never got the kill for me, always needed an extra hit.
    Thanks.

Search for them on wowhead.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scream123 View Post
    hello all,
    what team to pick for each fight on this quest?
    peace.
    Here's teams I use to level pets on those tamers:

Earth.
    Scooter the Snail - Absorb, Acidic Goo, Dive. Any other snail will do too, but Scooter has the highest hp and decent power. Just keep Goo up, Dive on cd and spam absorb till you die. Should be able to take 500-600 hp off 2nd pet after killing first.
    2nd is the pet I level, usually non-flying/non-aquatic level 20+. Dragonkins and Mechs work great against that Magic pet.
    Cogblade Raptor (I got S/S breed, and I recommend using that to be faster than enemy pet) - Batter, whatever, Exposed Wounds. Keep wounds up and just smash the face of enemy pet with Batter.
    You can't fail this one if you got level 25 pet in 2nd slot.

Fire.
    Anubisath Idol - Crush, Sand Storm, Deflection. Start with Crush, cast Sand Storm (you can go with stone skin too but your team will take unnecessary damage) when Dragon flies up, Defect on next turn. Then Spam Crush to victory.
    Emerald Proto-Whelp - Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream. This is a back-up pet in case Idol dies.
    Whatever pet you want to level, preferably 16+ and non-aquatic so it survives all the aoe damage from Cyclone.

Water.
    Cenarion Hatchling - Quills, Screech, Lift-Off. Basically, this guy soloes all 3 pets. Start with 2 Quills, follow by Lift-off. Keep Screech up on 2nd/3rd pet when you drop below 50% hp. Any other flying pet with similar skillset will work too.
    I fill other spot with level 25 Moth (just in case I get a lot of misses on Lift-Offs) and the last one is the pet I want to level. Usually it's a 16+ magic pet so it survives aoe damage from Tidal Waves.

Air.
    Emerald Proto-Whelp - Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Emerald Dream. This guy can solo all 3 pets.
    Fill 2 other spots with any pets you want to level. Make sure they have enough hp to survive 1 turn against enemy. I usually pick level 1 mech/magic pets since they can't die from a single attack.

hello,
    Air and water down, will try tips provided by you mates, ty for sharing your figths
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Search for them on wowhead.
    This also would've been my first choice. WHY DONT PEOPLE SEARCH WOWHEAD FIRST?!

Edit: The best/fastest way I found was to hard counter every single fight, providing you have enough level 25 pets that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Tried it, works decently but just going missile -> lock on -> lock on tends to get your big damage dodged by burrow .
    You know... the first Lock On is supposed to go into the Burrow. I don't know why you think you should shoot the release Lock On during that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You know... the first Lock On is supposed to go into the Burrow. I don't know why you think you should shoot the release Lock On during that time.
    It's not like I don't realize but even though he's supposed to have a set order of moves he burrowed on t3 instead of t2 like he's supposed to.
    I found a 357 speed rabbit works better anyway, it's faster than everything and can kill all of it on his own.

An Idol and a P/P emerald proto drake are enough to duo all of them with a bit of luck. There are much better comps for each one individually but those two pets are extremely useful for both spirits and trainers.

The water spirit pet and the chromius pet can duo almost effortlessly all the legendary pets, so they are very useful as well.

With just those 4 pets you can basically do all the daily pve pet battle quests, so I would start by getting those.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot about the earth spirit. One fox and one rabbit can duo it, but that is the only real use you will get out of those two.