Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hunter Solo Boss

Hi there!

It has been a while since i try to kill Yogg 25 HM without keeper (for the mount). Before 5.4 this fight was just pain in the ass with way too much RNG and needed parfect execution and to be concentrate from the start to the end.

But since 5.4 this boss is now a complete joke to kill, because one of his capability who make this encounter really hard (you know the laser pew pew spam in p2 that put you at 20~ sanity) is now nerf/fix/bug, i dont know. You end up with full sanity in p3 allowing you to full dps boss without turning your back to him.

I made a quick video with strategy in description : /watch?v=slu7amugpD0

If you plan to farm this boss, i advise you to clean boss in 10man (until Vezax, you dont have to kill the needless one like Ignis/Iron Council/...), then get out and put 25man mode.

That's it. Good luck!

In addition, i have some free time atm and i was planning to do some other video about soloboss /raid/dungeon (like how to rush Altairus for the North drake mount / Zul'gurub for the 2 mount / that kind of stuff), and maybe with vocal comment. (I'm french, even if i'm able to speak english without to much problem, i have this special french accent ). Anyway, if you have some critic/notice, do not hesitate to share them.

Bye monkizz'

PS : I also made a video how to solo Conclave of wind, in order to kill Alakir for the mount. /watch?v=By9hvovFQ2M

Deleted
    I'll post the video's since you cant

Yogg

[B]Conclave of Wind[B]

Deleted
    Thank you very much Snookki.

I want to do this, but I am getting destroyed at thorim. I don't have rocket boots, but here's what happens.
    I kill the adds already there, open the gate immediately and run into the tunnel. I get to the first big guy and shoot him. He normaly dies but sometimes he doesn't. I then disengage and make a bee-line for the entrance. I notice the big guy always despawns soon after I take off.

If i a quick enough to make it through the gate before the spark kills me, I drop a trap where the dwarf will spawn. Then I run through the open gate and wait.

The adds hit the trap and come through the gate and I kill them. I can make it through the first big guy (since he is always respawned), but the the spark gets me a few seconds later as I am almost to the 2nd big guy.

Am I doing something wrong? The YouTube video for this shows the first big gun following him all the way through the gate, but on my attempts, he either dies or despawns. Everything else is the same as the vid.

If I recall you have to leave at least one of the arena adds alive in the tunnel and kill them off just before jumping down from thorim's platform. Not sure though, as I've never bothered to try myself.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    To solo Thorim.

Kill all the arena adds, go in the tunnel (kill every dwarf), pull the big one without killing him (1 autoshot). Then go back to the arena, put explosive trap where the alliance pnj will spawn and snake trap where the rune dwarf will spawn (he sometimes dont come with the rest), go back to the tunnel before PNJ spawn (the big golem is still alive).

Wait until the adds spawn, trap will proc and all that people will come in the tunnel as the gate close. Kill everything but KEEP JUST ONE of the alliance PNJ ALIVE. Continue until Thorim with that add alive. When you are in range of thorim (30m~), kill the remaining add. Thorim will start a speech, target him and attack him when he become attackable. After that jump to the arena > Win.

Good luck.

Thank you, I got through Thorim. Yogg is giving me some trouble though.

I get picked up by the strangler tentacle and I can't do anything. I can't attack and I have no pet bar to make him attack it. In the video it looks like you kill it. Am I bugged or something?

I tried using Snake and Explosive traps, but it takes so dang long to kill it that too many of the shadow tentacles are up and I can't do anything after that (takes too long to move toward a Crusher to stop the next Constrictor from grabbing me and ending my attempt)
    Last edited by xavierjn; 2013-10-22 at 12:04 AM.

Great stuff! You just gave me one more thing to solo each week, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    Thank you, I got through Thorim. Yogg is giving me some trouble though.

I get picked up by the strangler tentacle and I can't do anything. I can't attack and I have no pet bar to make him attack it. In the video it looks like you kill it. Am I bugged or something?

I tried using Snake and Explosive traps, but it takes so dang long to kill it that too many of the shadow tentacles are up and I can't do anything after that (takes too long to move toward a Crusher to stop the next Constrictor from grabbing me and ending my attempt)
    Take Glaive Toss if you aren't already, when the tentacle whips you back, you should be able to fire it off. You'll need to be ready for it almost immediately. Worked for me. I'm trying to remember if I could immediately Kill Command it, but I know the Glaive Toss worked. Been a while.

---

Oh. Also if you guys aren't already soloing Heroic LK 25, it's very easy. Clear all the way through on 10 normal then flip it over to heroic 25 when you get to LK. LoS his infest casts and it's pretty much game over. 540+ iLvl should make it 'painless'.
    To solo Valithria Dreamwalker you'll need 3+ spirit beasts and cycle spirit mend healing her.
    Last edited by Solarflair; 2013-10-22 at 12:17 AM.
    #TeamHunter

I'll tell you what. Yogg is harder for me than I know it's supposed to be. The endless stuns and slows are just killer...

Deleted
    For strangler tentacle i use this macro that i spam :

/cleartarget
    /tar Constrictor
    /petattack [exists,nodead]
    /cast Bite(Basic Attack)

I try to keep my pet around when one of this tentacle will spawn.

You can also Kill Command it if you're playing BM.

About the stun, if you are lucky to be in range of Corruptor, you absolutly have to kick the Black Plague cast. This thing stunning you again and again, it's the most annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Oh. Also if you guys aren't already soloing Heroic LK 25, it's very easy. Clear all the way through on 10 normal then flip it over to heroic 25 when you get to LK. LoS his infest casts and it's pretty much game over. 540+ iLvl should make it 'painless'.
    Ty for the tip, that was complete faceroll now with 40k spirit bond ticks I didn't even have to avoid anything. Just MD'ed everything apart from one spirit to my pet and went to town =D

Yogg is also very easy now, I used to have some issues with managing the adds in last phase, now I just pop everything (BW/stampede/crows/rapid) as soon as the phase start and just posthaste "kite" them and he dies very quickly. No need to turn away from the beam either with the p2 zap nerf.

thanks for the tipps, had nearly all the easy raidmounts, cool to see alakir/lk/yogg being possible without too much hassle, will need to get thorim mechanic down, i seem to be to slow to get out of the tunnel befor the mobs reset

enjoyed the lichking fight a lot, thoug i forgot the taunt the boss and got chain carried by valkyrs, will try again today

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost enough to make me want to finish leveling up my hunter :/

However might try this on my lock to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wega View Post
    enjoyed the lichking fight a lot, thoug i forgot the taunt the boss and got chain carried by valkyrs, will try again today
    You don't need to taunt the boss, just recieve a melee hit from one of the raging spirits that spawns on you, and you count as a tank for 30 (?) seconds. It only hit's for 30k ish so I just have one on me for all of p2.

Hmm i wonder if Blizz intentionally nerfed Yogg no-lights or if that was simply one of the many "bugs" that came with 5.4. Thanks for the video Teebo! (lol that name) Now I can finally get Mim's Head without having to roll against others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khez View Post
    You don't need to taunt the boss, just recieve a melee hit from one of the raging spirits that spawns on you, and you count as a tank for 30 (?) seconds. It only hit's for 30k ish so I just have one on me for all of p2.
    Eh that seems like a lot of unnecessary damage with Infests going out as well. Just Distracting Shot+Feign Death+Misdirect on good ol' Arthas, works like a charm.

Kind of excited to go back in and try Yogg after these 'nerfs'. It was such a pain in the butt to go in each week that I almost thought the slim chance of Mim's Head wasn't even worth it
    #TeamHunter

About Conclave of the Wind.

Have anybody figured out why this boss will sometimes reset for no apparent reason? It happened to me a lot the other day, without doing anything different really. I blow all my stuff on Naesir and head over to Anshal, then Rohash.

Sometimes though, when I take the slipstream to Anshall, they just reset. Sometimes I can manage to kill Anshall aswell, but when i take the 2nd slipstream it'll reset aswell. First couple of times I made sure to stay on the platform until Naesir was completely dead, didn't help much in the end though.

I'm thinking it's pet issue, maybe?

Deleted
    About Conclave of the Wind.

Have anybody figured out why this boss will sometimes reset for no apparent reason? It happened to me a lot the other day, without doing anything different really. I blow all my stuff on Naesir and head over to Anshal, then Rohash.

Sometimes though, when I take the slipstream to Anshall, they just reset. Sometimes I can manage to kill Anshall aswell, but when i take the 2nd slipstream it'll reset aswell. First couple of times I made sure to stay on the platform until Naesir was completely dead, didn't help much in the end though.

I'm thinking it's pet issue, maybe?
    That never happened to me, so i can't really help you. I dont think it's a pet issue, a shamelem friend told me the same about boss despawn during the fight so... Try applying serpent sting on the dead boss before leaving the plateform.

To solo Valithria Dreamwalker you'll need 3+ spirit beasts and cycle spirit mend healing her.
    Thanks for the tip. I was not trying LK for the reason since ICC got HM mode swap and Ulduar not, i though the ICC10 and 25 tag were different. Just thinking about doing Valythria in 25 mode ... well im not that patient so x)

Anyway i'm really surprised that LK is such easy fight, although i have pretty good gear. I will make a video about it i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Eh that seems like a lot of unnecessary damage with Infests going out as well. Just Distracting Shot+Feign Death+Misdirect on good ol' Arthas, works like a charm.

Kind of excited to go back in and try Yogg after these 'nerfs'. It was such a pain in the butt to go in each week that I almost thought the slim chance of Mim's Head wasn't even worth it
    i found it to be very relaxing to just off tank a spirit, you dont take dmg from something else, so spiritbond will heal you instantly to full and you just burn on the lichking without having to worry about the timers, thanks a lot for the tipp Khez, you're the man!