Internet Usage for Blizzcon virtual ticket

Does anyone have a sense for how much data usage I will incur if I watch the whole 2-day event? I have a limited package and the costs could skyrocket.

Are you using mobile hot spot if i may ask?

Going off the quality of the promo video up now, ~2GB per hour you watch.

No, I don't use a mobile hotspot.

I'm using a wired cable services with a 120Gb/month package. But my wife and kids rack up the Gbs on Netflix and YouTube pretty quickly. If it's 2 Gb an hour, then it's no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest getting an unlimited plan if you can, they make your life so much easier even if you pay alittle more.

Wish I could, but I live in a rural area the the choices are very limited.

And I'm in Canada where the few big ISPs have a huge share of the market and charge us crazy prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo View Post
    No, I don't use a mobile hotspot.

I'm using a wired cable services with a 120Gb/month package. But my wife and kids rack up the Gbs on Netflix and YouTube pretty quickly. If it's 2 Gb an hour, then it's no problem.
    Wired connection with limits?
    I thought that went extinct in the 90s.....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I think most of the US companies have restrictions. I know ATT has a 150gb and if you have the TV service it's a 250GB cap per month. Comcast is 250GB and not sure of what other "major" providers there are.

Deleted
    That's horrible. Last time I checked my daily limit was 300GB. How fast are these types of connections?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Exactly. It's ridiculous. Every time I'm reminded of the cap, I think it's 1996 again, and I'm on AOL. My home cable internet has a 250GB a month limit that I go over nearly every month. Cell phones have 2 to 5GB per month limits.

It's disgusting really. It's a huge step backward for innovation and technology.

Fortunately, the limits won't last.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-22 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australians have limits too but I'm fairly certain there are companies that offer unlimited, though there's probably a catch for that I bet. Our person in charge of telecommunications in parliament wants to keep having us use copper-wire, yeah that's how backward Australia is lol. I mean he wants to use fibre optic, but in the wrong way - Only to the node, not to a house/premises.

Deleted
    Do you also have a modem that sings the song of its people?

"SKREEEBIPIPPIPIKANGKANGKANG"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think most of the US companies have restrictions. I know ATT has a 150gb and if you have the TV service it's a 250GB cap per month. Comcast is 250GB and not sure of what other "major" providers there are.
    That's redicolous.. I had flatrate on my PTSN-line as early as 1998..
    I always thought we were kinda backwards on that area, to get it so late..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    We have unlimited in NZ but they cap the speed at peak hours from 7pm till midnight, youtube is fine to an extent, twitchtv can be bad though even 480p streams will have a 5 second buffer sometimes it lasts all night or just 10mins.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!