Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Frost] Akraen's Tier 16 BiS

Cleave trinket will have its uses, but this is what I'm going to go with. Chest/legs is close, whichever you get warforged is the ideal off-piece.

Nothing annoys me more than the item designers ignorance. All our tier items have crit on them, when they know that the spec which is scaling too much loves crit, while the spec with the worst scaling hates crit. At least we have a lot of good options though.

Assume these are the pieces you want, whether LFR, Flex, Normal, Warforged, Heroic, or Heroic Warforged. Please be aware your hit rating reforges/calculations might vary slightly.

Also I didn't put all the enchants on there because I'm tired and it doesn't matter. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What site is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Could someone actually break down the differences in Immersius and Toxic Totem? I'm looking at both personally but that 9% Crit damage (H WF 2/2 it's 9%) is just nice, seeing as how we always crit with FFB and IL.

Also, fuck that all 5 pieces of tier have Crit on it. That's just stupid, especially after they bitched about Fire.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Sergeant Dornan would like to have a word with the person that decided to put crit on all the pieces.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1u0SRBD2I

So if I am reading this correctly, we are not going for the 4p bonus then?
    Last edited by mmoc5f79b0445f; 2013-09-09 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Could someone actually break down the differences in Immersius and Toxic Totem? I'm looking at both personally but that 9% Crit damage (H WF 2/2 it's 9%) is just nice, seeing as how we always crit with FFB and IL.

Also, fuck that all 5 pieces of tier have Crit on it. That's just stupid, especially after they bitched about Fire.
    Blizzard's telling Mages to go Fire by putting Crit on all the tier pieces. /tinfoil hat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    What site is that?
    Wowhead. Tools -> Profiler -> Create a custom list -> New tab -> Equipment Set

Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post

So if I am reading this correctly, we are not going for the 4p bonus then?
    4p with either WF chest or WF legs. If you get both of those AND the WF helm you'll drop down to 2p. According to this, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    20901 Hast and without the amp trinket and gemming intel. Outch. What are we gonna do with so much hast. I suppose with such hast, we will play with mage armor.

Deleted
    It's always better to reforge haste - mastery than switching armors if the value of mastery trumps haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    The totem will change the value of haste, the 2pc will help the value of haste and lead to another argument between me and AMR probably because Nether Tempest will be ideal.

Snapshotting on totem + blood will be nuts.

Amp trinket is good, no doubt, and easier to play with. But if you're a talented snapshotter this is the trinket combo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

It's almost as if the best scaling spec in the game (FIRE), may start out slow but will come on and rape the number's again. Crit on every tier isn't a mistake and nerfing a spec at the beginning knowing that the gear is optimized for them will make for a very fast recovery for Fire, recovery is a strong word as I have been doing well on the PTR as Fire but a nerf is a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't here for fire. If you would like to discuss fire please make a thread for that purpose.

Now get out of this thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Amp trinket is good, no doubt, and easier to play with. But if you're a talented snapshotter this is the trinket combo for you.
    Read: Polar/Pew, get Amp trinket because you're a stupid dummy and you get super annoyed with trinkets. Thanks Akraen! I knew I kept you around for something. <3 (lol jk, but seriously, thanks)

Just curious though, does our Mage Bomb diminish Toxic Totem at all, or does it ignore it? I haven't looked too deeply into the patch outside of General/Mage changes (as I like the patch and most of the items to be a surprise), and only know what each trinket does, but not... y'know... its "internal, theorycrafty stuff".

This thread isn't here for fire. If you would like to discuss fire please make a thread for that purpose.
    Sorry didn't want to; just wanted to say it sucks all 5 pieces have Crit on it >_>;

Btw yeah, the 4p is pretty shit for us, right? 30% chance for a... what was it? 10k boulder? Not worth the terrible stats IMO.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Polar I was talking to unholyness, who has been going around to all frost discussions posting about how fire is better.

I'm with you, our tier design is stupid. Lhivera gave a response to me that would win an Corporate BS of the year award. I'm pretty irritated, to be honest. Not quite zomgdps-level at this point, but any mage who prefers to be arcane or frost for progression should feel like a big ol' bait and switch just happened.

Sorry Polar I was talking to unholyness, who has been going around to all frost discussions posting about how fire is better.

I'm with you, our tier design is stupid. Lhivera gave a response to me that would win an Corporate BS of the year award. I'm pretty irritated, to be honest. Not quite zomgdps-level at this point, but any mage who prefers to be arcane or frost for progression should feel like a big ol' bait and switch just happened.
    Not to big a deal really though, since the tier bonuses this tier are pretty shit-tastic anyways, which personally I'm fine with, the less us mages need the faster the rogue and boomies can get their 4 sets, it'll be beneficial to the raid overall. I'm just going to pass on tier til farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Not to big a deal really though, since the tier bonuses this tier are pretty shit-tastic anyways, which personally I'm fine with, the less us mages need the faster the rogue and boomies can get their 4 sets, it'll be beneficial to the raid overall. I'm just going to pass on tier til farm.
    Our 10man runs 2 rogues. Our combat was going to pass on tier until they nerfed it hard, so now both of them can fight for tier while I just stand in back and roll face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

thank you for all your effort supporting frost spec Akraen

Deleted
    @Akraen: First of all a big thank you Currently Im on vacation, but as 5.4 hits today I thought I should check whats out there. Is our T16 2p too good to miss out on? Should I go 2pT15hc (currently running 2pT15hc and 2pT15n) and 2pT16n? Or wait for 4pT16n before I make the swap?
    Last edited by mmocaf86d25fb1; 2013-09-11 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Will do, thanks!