Thread: I'am 90 but...

Deleted

I'am 90 but...

Hi, i'am the same guy about asking his specs on leveling but... I'am asking again

Omage Hyjal-EU. Since i can't post links

So i like arcane and fire but i can't make my choices. I know i'am not gemmed and enchanted but I don't want to gem for something i'am not gonna play. Could someone help me about the best spec for my ilvl I wasn't sure about where to write this so i make a new thread :/

go frost
    /10 chars

if you have low ilvl gear go frost, frost is best dps till you get close to best in slot gear ( also most fun to play )

Quote Originally Posted by incindeary View Post
    frost is best dps till you get close to best in slot gear
    No, that is not true. Frost is very solid dps from gearing up to well geared but arcane and fire are better dps but just much more gear dependent.

Frost at low ILVL til bout 522 or so then you'll see arcane and fire get ahead as long as you have the gear for fire or arcane. Butit's what you want to play not what everyone else wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    Frost at low ILVL til bout 522 or so then you'll see arcane and fire get ahead as long as you have the gear for fire or arcane. Butit's what you want to play not what everyone else wants to.
    With the exception of Norushen and Iron Juggernaut, I actually see different results. iLvl 564, and I'm doing significantly better as Frost on every fight in Siege (again, except for Norushen and Iron Jug). This is, however, excluding Fire, as I don't have the crit gear to play it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I would go frost, it's the least gear dependent spec and love the playstyle as you have constantly something fun to do (ie other than spamming one ability like fire with low crit, almost)

However, if you are between arcane and fire. I'd choose fire merely for the fact that it's more fun to play in my opinion and it's quite nice to see as gear processes that you get more and more pyroblasts.

Just my two cents though

Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    I would go frost, it's the least gear dependent spec and love the playstyle as you have constantly something fun to do (ie other than spamming one ability like fire with low crit, almost)

However, if you are between arcane and fire. I'd choose fire merely for the fact that it's more fun to play in my opinion and it's quite nice to see as gear processes that you get more and more pyroblasts.

Just my two cents though
    A good assessment, not to mention Fire is significantly more mobile (and fun, of course!)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    A good assessment, not to mention Fire is significantly more mobile (and fun, of course!)
    Indeed! I dislike how arcane is, especially when it comes to mobility. I currently play all specs on different mages and I just can't really get myself to play arcane that often, mostly due to RoP and the fact that you don't have that much to do on the move.

I am a big fan of scorch personally, mostly due to pvp though which I have been fire in since, uh. Always.

Simples..

Low gear = Frost
    Medium gear = Fire
    Max gear = Arcane

Most fun (opinionated) Frost
    Most mobile Fire
    Most DPS (currently) Arcane - at top end gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

If you like fire, you can play fire.

If you are trying to max your dps, then you should play frost until ilevel 520ish, then switch to fire. If you are farming timeless isle, I would definitely go frost as it will be much safer and easier for you to kill mobs as frost at lower gear levels.

You should also be doing both Nalak and Celestials every week, getting set bonuses are pretty big boosts.

Deleted
    Scrap frost at 522? I went frost "for fun" on heroic Immerseus and Fallen Protectors and it was a really good spec for those two fights, even better than fire even though I made sure to squeeze every last dps out of the encounter.

Frost is very competitive even with SoO gear (4-set and 558 currently) and should not be underestimated.

That being said, frost has the highest dps of all specs until you reach a pretty high ilvl, probably much higher than 520 as many people suggest. It's a very powerful spec at the moment, it really is. Once you get BiS though, Arcane will be a lot better.

Fire? I get more and more gear, I play Fire really well, but it still feels very lacking. It doesn't have the boom it used to have in 5.3, there's nothing special about the spec anymore. I wouldn't recommend Fire to anyone really. If anything, one should go Arcane/Frost for SoO.