H Thok - any fury specifc tips ?

Any fury specific advice for this fight? How hard is it compared to Spoils?

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Any fury specific advice for this fight? How hard is it compared to Spoils?
    Well it's completely different. You'll be forced to focus on maximizing your single target DPS instead of just cleaving down everything. Ensure you have the Galakras trinket, glyphed heroic leap and enraged speed for fast movement during fixation. You might want to take Bladestorm for the bats and DPS if it's risky to stay close to the boss during fast fixates.

your 25 man, so you want to tell your raiders to do their second pots on the bats, as previously mentioned you should take bladestorm, i tried roar but without BS the adds didnt die before vampiric fury (=wipe or at least 50% dead) when your past this part consistently the fight gets easier, we were on the boss only sunday and yesterday and then we killed it after an hour yesterday in surprise even to ourselves.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-27...?s=3370&e=3969

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, take Bladestorm and blow everything on the bats including 3 minutes and pots. It's a very simple fight, not necessarily easy, but simple.

The only other thing I can say is make sure you make the most of Berserker Stance. Shit is amazing.

Bladestorm and beserker stance, other than the bats the fight is almost exactly the same as normal.

Not sure if we have enough burst AOE. Which classes have strongest burst aside from warriors?

On that encounter? Warriors, DK's, Hunters and WW Monks more or less in that order.

Go into Beserker Stance when sonic thing hits. Other then that I ran with Shockwave to stun the bats and just cleave them down with WW + RB.

If you are melee heavy have some of them dps the boss during kite phase. As long as you keep max distance you don't get chomped. I have safely dps'd him to 4 stacks of speed buff at which point it becomes too risky.

If bats are dieng quite quickly is bladestorm really worth using?

As a titans grip fury warrior is it more worthwhile to enraged speed or raging wind for this fight (assuming unending rage and leap ate the othertwo slots)?

I'm mostly just looking to maximize damage as an undergeared player thats in the prices of swapping to fury
    Last edited by Internet; 2013-10-23 at 06:46 PM. Reason: autocorrect mangled my post

Thanks for the help guys. We got Thok tonight !

I just dont know how some melees can get 99% active time. I can't seem to catch Thok.. he runs too fast for me.

Anyway, siegecrafter next week!
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-10-27 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to catch Thok.. he runs too fast for me.
    Talent Double Time. Glyph Enraged Speed. Use Heroic Leap and Intervene players close to boss.

We have many tools as Warriors to keep up with a moving target, just don’t get yourself killed to ranging the healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    I ran with Shockwave to stun the bats and just cleave them down with WW + RB.
    Absolutely not. Your shockwave stun is not required if you are geared to try this encounter. To use this for one phase and gimping yourself and your raid for the rest of the raid is plain silly, run with Bladestorm or Dragon Roar.

Other tips:

- on the kite phases be sure to tag him with a Bloodthirst to maintain a running tick of deep wounds together with spare Storm Bolts and Heroic Throws (I even use throw :s when there is nothing else to do)
    - stay welll away from him when he is re-fixating as he does an AoE chomp as he turns
    - be sure to catch him with a wild strike to apply the heal debuff before he eats the add
    - use shattering throw well before he starts another phase
    - follow and DPS him for the first two kites. It is hard to maintain uptime on him after 3 stacks. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or being extremely inefficient in maximising DPS. Your DPS is better used on the jailer
    - pool rage for colossus smashed executes on the jailer
    - when kiting be sure to be in Defensive Stance as there is plenty of damage going around and use CDs, especially if no healer is with you
    - use the max range of Heroic Leap...thank me later when he misses chomp on you by 1 yard
    - use berserker rage well

One thing I'm still unclear about- does thok chomp people when he is moving over to eat the npc at end of phase 2?

To elaborate on Sikkbass comments.

Thok does an AoE chomp in a 360 deg around him whenever he fixates a new player regardless of whether or not he actually changes direction!
    So for examples sake he is chasing, you are happy dpsing his leg; if he stops fixating and re-fixates the same player he will STILL chomp you once he starts moving. He does not need to turn and he can eat you even if you are at his side.

Likewise while he is chasing someone, be very careful using Charge. Only Charge from the side. I have before tried to exploit double time by charging when he out runs me; only to charge his ass, end up under his tail and chomped (apparently his ass as teeth, who knew!).

If you are going to DPS him while he is chasing, be very careful and play extremely defensively. You wont make up any significant DPS, he is simply too fast for that. Instead focus on not derping and keeping yourself alive.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I'm still unclear about- does thok chomp people when he is moving over to eat the npc at end of phase 2?
    Honestly not sure, I've never had the nerve to test it! However he does reset threat, so you might as well give your tank a few seconds to build threat instead of wailing on him the whole time.

For first three aoe explosions dump all of your rage with heroic strike before 100 energy aoe cast on berserker stance (it gives like at least 80-100 rage depending cooldowns on raid or self cds) and dance between berserker and battle stance. It has a cast time so it's quite easy.

And switch to berserker rage after 4th explosion and sit on berserker stance till last explosion and spam heroic strikes on every single heroic strike gcd! (that's for between 4-29)

no he doesnt, as soon as dbm announces 'acid pustules' or any of the other buffs you can run to him and go ham

He doesn't. When blood frenzy ends he will stop and run over to eat the npc. Bigwigs has an announcement for this too. It's safe to go ahead and attack him right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkbass View Post
    - use berserker rage well
    I assume you meant Berserker Stance

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    To elaborate on Sikkbass comments.

Thok does an AoE chomp in a 360 deg around him whenever he fixates a new player regardless of whether or not he actually changes direction!
    This isn't accurate. What Thok is actually doing is targeting the thing that has the most thread on himself (the last tank usually) - it can FEEL like a 360 effect if you're not watching it very carefully. We too believed this to be some mysterious mechanic as we had tons of melee dying all the time until we pinpointed exactly what it was. Our tank is always in the middleish of the room with the jailer until it dies and melee just always stand on the opposite side. Haven't had a death in months.