View Poll Results: How do you feel about this issue?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm play a female Demo-Lock and I wish I could be a girl for more than half of the fights.

    40 13.56%
  • I play a female Demo-Lock and I love turning into Illidan Schwarzenegger Stallone Crews.

    16 5.42%
  • I play a female Shaman and I'd like to ask the elements to leave my gender alone.

    18 6.10%
  • I play a female Shaman and I love to bare my elemental muscleman chest.

    12 4.07%
  • I'm not affected by this at all, but suddenly I feel like voting.

    209 70.85%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    I want strong and muscular Spirit of Redemption, and feminine guardian on ancient kings. KKTHXBYE
    And yes, making a model for characters of 1 class and 1 spec is more important than making a new race.

  2. #122
    Dreadlord OGXanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Nerdy South
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if the problem didn't exist, there would be a female metamorphosis form. she isn't there, so the problem exists. you may not mind the problem, but I do. don't judge threads as flame bait just because you don't agree with their theming.
    I agree with it cause it's their product, story, and characters, not yours. Thats right even 'your character' is not yours, rather just another cog in their story. people need to get over this I pay my 15 a month so you should do everything and change everything to suit my every whim up to and including my personal agendas. If you don't like the way something is modeled, go make your own game and put it in. Don't come whine about your feminist viewpoints over a in game set of polygons.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I want an Incubus instead of the Succubus for my female Lock. It bothers me, so the problem is clearly there.
    you are right, but this is thread is about something else. however, that issue also has support from me: I'd love to get myself a fem guard

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I agree with it cause it's their product, story, and characters, not yours. Thats right even 'your character' is not yours, rather just another cog in their story. people need to get over this I pay my 15 a month so you should do everything and change everything to suit my every whim up to and including my personal agendas. If you don't like the way something is modeled, go make your own game and put it in. Don't come whine about your feminist viewpoints over a in game set of polygons.
    sorry, but I have the right to voice my complaints as a customer. therefore I will make threads as I see fit. if you dislike them, you don't need to read them. you also have no right to accuse me of flame baiting. If memory serves me right, such accusations are infraction-worthy.

    also: I'm a male, and I hate feminism. but you know what I hate more? to see girls turning into musclemen.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    This is simply flame bait and UN-necessary QQ for a 'problem' that doesn't exist.
    Replies in Demon Form thread saying more-inclusive Meta form models is a "problem that doesn't exist"

    Posts in "New Character Models" threads, begging for new ones.
    Last edited by Rethul Ur No; 2013-10-23 at 07:33 PM.

  5. #125
    You mad bro? Err... sis? Oh wtf, stop changing!!!

  6. #126
    I believe a while back Blizz said that gender-specific models for Meta and such like this thread is about is something they're aware folks want, but it's pretty low priority on the list of things they're working on.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

  7. #127
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,573
    Bravo on the last voting option

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Replies in Demon Form thread saying more-inclusive Meta form models is a "problem that doesn't exist"

    Posts in "New Character Models" threads, begging for new ones.
    Was that your attempt at an epic maymay?

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    Was that your attempt at an epic maymay?
    Uncommon, maybe rare at best.

  10. #130
    Feral forms all have a male look to the face too (no dangly bits though). I think most of the shapeshifts would take a lot of artists' time to fix, except possibly the demon form. There's very little detail on the skin; all you'd need is to tweak the model, possibly wrap it around a different skeleton. Don't get me wrong, it would take time, just nowhere near as long as making an updated character model (which some people are making a false dichotomy about).

    They could also just do an alternate skin for each race/gender, like a mostly black and green/purple skin wrapped on a generic female goblin for goblin females. And a flame/water/air skin for the ascendent (like the female flame draenai from the midsummer item).

    My lock is a male worgen, but a friend's main is a female gnome warlock, and we've had this conversation at least once in the past. It falls in the realm of "wouldn't it be cool if..., but I'm not holding my breath". If they're going to put artists' time into a present for warlocks, I'd prefer a Glyph of Incubus. At least then the Incubus model could also be used for mobs.

  11. #131
    I would indeed prefer something like this for my female warlock, but I can't see the artists ever going through the trouble - it may not sound like a ridiculous request for us female warlocks, but it is for everyone else.


  12. #132
    Stood in the Fire Ailyara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    430
    That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is every time my night elf gets transformed into a human when I go to say, Culling of Stratholme, I'm BALD.

    I hate being bald!

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuja View Post
    I would indeed prefer something like this for my female warlock, but I can't see the artists ever going through the trouble - it may not sound like a ridiculous request for us female warlocks, but it is for everyone else.
    I think the problem about this is the old "if it isn't my problem, it's not a problem" mentality. people can't see past their own issues. why would they want a female metamorphosis if they don't play a female demonology warlock?

    I wish people weren't like that. not too long ago I was crusading for a druid epic questline for nightmare forms, and I don't even play a druid lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #134
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,603
    And warlock females should be called witches, have male demons, and female demon forms. Female warlocks are screwed... but what can one do?
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    The transformations are male so female dps doesn't suffer.
    minus 4 strength

  16. #136
    Although I've never really given this topic much thought, the proverbial image of a muscular male in these circumstances is reflective of the dominant gender of the devs.

  17. #137
    1) Meta form is based on the demon Baphomet who has been depicted a male body with goat horns, bat wings, and female breasts. All that meta form is missing are the breasts.
    2) The name of the move is METAMORPHOSIS. Literally, "transformation". Even if you did change genders (and I'm not sure you do), it'd still make sense.
    3) Meta form really isn't gendered. I doesn't show sex based physical traits outside the muscles, but you can easily RP that you're transforming into a big muscly femdemon that has lost control of her form. It's supposed to be a show of raw power, there's no reason for it to be lithe, even as a female.

    I really don't have a problem with new models and nice art (as shown above), but I really hate the way this topic is mentioned. And it's frequently made in the same "I'M A WOMAN NOT A DISGUSTING MAN" way.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    1) Meta form is based on the demon Baphomet who has been depicted a male body with goat horns, bat wings, and female breasts. All that meta form is missing are the breasts.
    2) The name of the move is METAMORPHOSIS. Literally, "transformation". Even if you did change genders (and I'm not sure you do), it'd still make sense.
    3) Meta form really isn't gendered. I doesn't show sex based physical traits outside the muscles, but you can easily RP that you're transforming into a big muscly femdemon that has lost control of her form. It's supposed to be a show of raw power, there's no reason for it to be lithe, even as a female.

    I really don't have a problem with new models and nice art (as shown above), but I really hate the way this topic is mentioned. And it's frequently made in the same "I'M A WOMAN NOT A DISGUSTING MAN" way.
    meta form is based on illidan, berphomet doesn't even exist in warcraft. illidan looks exactly like he looked like when he was a night elf, except for the demonic features. so if we imagine for a moment that tyrande had been the demon hunter instead of illidan, than the meta form would have looked like tyrande with horns and hooves, boobs and everything. the only reason there isn't a fem meta form is because blizzard couldn't be assed to do so.

    EDIT: of course I understand that they have their priorities, but the point remains - the only reason we don't have a female demon hunter is because blizz doesn't want to spend resources creating "illidana" lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-10-24 at 02:19 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think the problem about this is the old "if it isn't my problem, it's not a problem" mentality. people can't see past their own issues. why would they want a female metamorphosis if they don't play a female demonology warlock?

    I wish people weren't like that. not too long ago I was crusading for a druid epic questline for nightmare forms, and I don't even play a druid lol
    And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality.
    It's a problem for YOU, that doesn't in any way mean it's a pressing one for the 7.7 million strong subscriber base.
    I can see your annoyance, it's understandable and you've been reasonable in how you've put it forth, now be reasonable when I tell you this, it's probably the least important thing related to WoW any of us have read in the last week, there have been complaints about it, so obviously some people want something done, it is, to a degree, an issue, but for a company of Blizzard's size, you're going to need a LOT more complaints, a LOT more people talking for them to even consider devoting their resources to such a trivial matter.
    Sorry, it's just what it is.
    Last edited by Vharius; 2013-10-24 at 02:28 AM.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality.
    It's a problem for YOU, that doesn't in any way mean it's a pressing one for the 7.7 million strong subscriber base.
    I can see your annoyance, it's understandable and you've been reasonable in how you've put it forth, now be reasonable when I tell you this, it's probably the least important thing related to WoW I've read in the last week, it's a non-issue, there have been complaints about it, so obviously some people want something done, it is, to a degree, an issue, but for a company of Blizzard's size, you're going to need a LOT more complaints, a LOT more people talking for them to even consider devoting their resources to such a trivial matter.
    Sorry, it's just what it is.
    just enlighten me: how do you measure importance on video game issues?

    nothing on a video game is important to anyone except the devs, who actually earn their living through it. everything else is just about selfish desires. I just don't see how "I want them to fix my dps/rotation/racials" is any more important than "I want them to fix my transformation".
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •