Poll: How do you feel about this issue?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Ability-Induced Compulsory Sex Change

Metamorphosis and Ascendance, Ascendance and Metamorphosis. If you play a female character with one of these skills, you will be forced to turn into a muscular man from time to time.

Some people defend ascendance's elemental form saying "elementals don't have genders!", and I say: Yes, they do. Princess Theradras was a female Earth Elemental that fell in love with Zaetar, a Keeper of the Grove. They even had children together, the centaurs! Her mother, Therazane, always says that Theradras was her only daughter, though she has a lot of sons.

Do you think Zaetar could have had children with Baron Geddon? I don't think so.

Now let's look at the Ascendace Transformation:

An overly muscular body, a bare chest with no breasts, and a Warsman face. There are few people on this world that would look at that and say "oh look at that girl!".

But Ascendance isn't the worst offender. One could say you turn into a flat chested muscular woman who's into exhibitionism. It's a bit of a stretch, but it could happen. The ascendance form even has a skirt lol. Also, you spend very little time transformed into an elemental ascendant.

Now Metamorphosis, this one takes the cake:

Look at that! There's no way you could mix that for a girl! This form is way more muscular than the ascendance one, with a completely bare muscleman chest, an underbite, a hawk nose, a receding hairline, and a very hairy pair of legs.

It also has ram horns and goat hooves. And it you ask me, I think it also has a horse d.. digestive system.

Of course, Blizzard would have to have spent twice as many resources to come up with male and female forms for these transformations, so it's understandable that everybody has to turn into a man. But if they were going to use one single form for both genders, why not go for something more androgynous? they could have made them less muscular, with a more neutral face and a covered chest, and than you could just guess the gender based on the character's gender or something. Why did they have to base the appearance of these transformations on Rambo?

So, what do you think about this? Do you like it? Do you feel it's weird that female toons have to transform into dudes during a fight? Would you like those forms to be more androgynous? Would you rather have different versions for boys and girls?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Most players are male, therefore the uber awesome shapeshifts are male as well.

Also, Illidan is male and his model is used for Meta.

/thread
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

No weirder than not having an Incubus (weren't they supposed to add that?) for a Warlock demon in place of the Succubus for female Warlocks. I mean yes they should have gender-based transformations but I can't imagine it's very high on their list of things to do.

could a mod please fix the poll's first option? I screwed it up lol

I mean, they could either design a whole new model for Meta, or they could do half a race's new models. Choice is kind of easy to me.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    I mean, they could either design a whole new model for Meta, or they could do half a race's new models. Choice is kind of easy to me.
    the meta model is way simpler than the grummle model, and doesn't even come close to a player mode's complexity. they wouldn't compete with each other.

Deleted
    i don't really care, i like the meta form as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the meta model is way simpler than the grummle model, and doesn't even come close to a player mode's complexity. they wouldn't compete with each other.
    You underestimate the high expectations and outrage Blizz would get for an halfassed female transformation. I wouldn't fix what isn't broken either if I was with Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You underestimate the high expectations and outrage Blizz would get for an halfassed female transformation. I wouldn't fix what isn't broken either if I was with Blizz.
    if you think that a girl turning into a man and back into a girl, and back into a man, and back into a girl, and back into a man several times during a boss battle isn't broken, I'm not really sure what I can say about it lol

The transformations are male so female dps doesn't suffer.

They should just enhance the effect of Dark Apotheosis, and then do something similar for ascendance.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=45780/gl...hots:id=344522

Problem solved.

I clicked this thread link thinking the topic of conversation would be something else entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be nice if they added new models for it, but idc enough for them to do it as that would mean taking time away from race models

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    The transformations are male so female dps doesn't suffer.
    Well played sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    They should just enhance the effect of Dark Apotheosis, and then do something similar for ascendance.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=45780/gl...hots:id=344522

Problem solved.
    if "enhance" means "you get bigger like on meta, you get hooves like on meta and your wings move like on meta and they aren't transparent like they are now", I'd totally be up for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriarchy did this.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Mmmm...naaah...better make some more pets.

Deleted
    I play a female Lock and really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if "enhance" means "you get bigger like on meta, you get hooves like on meta and your wings move like on meta and they aren't transparent like they are now", I'd totally be up for it
    It'd probably be a combination - not sure they could do the hooves, but maybe. Getting bigger, we know they can do that (see - Halloween treat that makes you large and orange). But yeah, I bet the could - check the screenshot I posted (click the next button) - I really think the Goblin female looks cool like that. My warlocks are male and never look that striking.

It's just a case of them not wanting to spend more time and dedicating more resources to making a whole new model for Female characters, sure, they look Male, but they're forms you shift into in the heat of battle, they're your Uber Forms, they're not your walking around Forms, this isn't you 99% of the time, this is you the other 1.
    And who cares if you look Male? If you asked me how you looked, I wouldn't say "Male", I'd say "Big Black Demon".
    Why aren't White people complaining about the fact that he's a Black Demon?
    I'm White, I don't care.
    I don't have Horns either, again, not complaining.
    They made them Male for one reason, because that's what makes them intimidating, you want muscular, you want lean killing machines, and that's what they made, they didn't focus on Male or Female, they focused on scary and badass, and this is what they got.