Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it amusing that the OP is bashing someone for their English skills? I giggled quite a few times.

Also, sometimes they adapt their grammar to match the ticket if they think it'll help the customer understand.

Also, you had a bad experience with a GM thus you think their entire customer service is declining. You seem intelligent.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Anyone else find it amusing that the OP is bashing someone for their English skills? I giggled quite a few times.
    I haven't done any "bashing", but again, a fine example of a typical MMOchampion forum user.

Deleted
    How does it feel seeing your well covered up whinepost backlash tremendously on you? Please, continue making a fool of yourself, while you shout ''TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR'' with your index fingers firmly wedged in your ears.

You sir, are a tool, and a very bad one at it.

Okay, well, a Blizzard employee has gotten the ticket information and can help the GM on their path to proper English and I think the overwhelming response has been "No I have never seen this before", so this should probably be locked now because it's really just going to the dogs of MMOchampion at this point.

Deleted
    I am dont see a problem. did the ticket he help with? lets all not to be sad and start to be happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Okay, well, a Blizzard employee has gotten the ticket information and can help the GM on their path to proper English and I think the overwhelming response has been "No I have never seen this before", so this should probably be locked now because it's really just going to the dogs of MMOchampion at this point.
    Now you can sleep happy, knowing that you saved this world from a malicious fiend, hellbend on caushing chaos, havoc and destruction through poor grammar. Goodnight, sweetheart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It's pretty common nowadays to outsource customer support and helpdesk work to countries like India nowadays.

And yeah, their english sucks... but they cost less in wages. :P

The real benefit though is that it makes customer support into a completely seperate and unrelated 'company', so people can enforce intentional irresponsibility. When you get angry at customer support and you start demanding they get to speak to someone else, they won't be able to help you because they don't know anyone else or they literally can't actually pass you through to anyone from Blizzard itself.
    Except for the fact that Blizzard's support, is all Blizzard's.. Non-outsourced.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There have been quite a few reports of "awful english" customer support experiences over the past week now. It's entirely possible they started to outsource to Indian customer support centers, like almost every other big company does nowadays.
    Have there? Are these reports documented anywhere at all?

Deleted
    There have been quite a few reports of "awful english" customer support experiences over the past week now. It's entirely possible they started to outsource to Indian customer support centers, like almost every other big company does nowadays.
    Actually, that could be true. I had account issues on a game who'se name is irrelevant, and it required telephone assistance and the represensative on the line had a very strong Eastern accent ( very well spoken English, mind you ), so i wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard indeed is outsourcing ingame issues that need GM assistance.
    I still think they'd leave ''major issues'' to non-outsourced employees IF Blizzard was indeed outsourcing.

Deleted
    Why do people always blame India for poor English? Isn't English their second-first language thanks to all British colonies in the past?

Why is it I can't ask a simple question concerning a possible degradation of Blizzard's GM service while at the same time saying "it was a small issue with the fact he didn't talk right" without a bunch of shitlords scuttling out of their scab nests and trying to be all "hahaha wow overreacting 2 some bad enlgish ffs" as if that's even what my post is supposed to be about?

Oh yeah, because I chose to post on MMOchampion!
    Thanks for calling me a Shitlord. Quite a nifty title in some circles. It's kind of paradoxical to say "possible degradation of Blizzard's GM service" while saying "he was helpful, polite, and answered my question."
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read at least 2 other threads this week on these forums which complained about bad english from GMs. I didn't particularly care to save them, but this thread is definitly not the first this week.
    Two other threads you say? They must really be outsourcing.

Also, "JimPaladin", generalizing people as a typical "MMOChampion user" is actually the same as bashing. Since you obviously mean it in a bad way. Ironic, since your thread fits what you're talking about. Which is trash. You must really be intelligent.

Oh, and yeah. The shitlord comment. Extremely intelligent. My goodness!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except for the fact that Blizzard's support, is all Blizzard's.. Non-outsourced.

How do you know they don't outsource?

And OP, why are you assuming just because the GM's English was terrible, that they might be outsourcing?
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-21 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Thanks for calling me a Shitlord. Quite a nifty title in some circles. It's kind of paradoxical to say "possible degradation of Blizzard's GM service" while saying "he was helpful, polite, and answered my question."
    "Degradation" was the wrong word to use, I admit. I meant I'm just asking if anyone else has had someone who spoke such broken English, and that was it. I wasn't saying "Wow, this guy had terrible English he sucked lol, what a bad GM." or "Wow look Blizzard is hiring RETARDED PEOPLE lol", and absolutely nothing in my first posts even hinted to that at all yet you still came in and made a stupid, unintelligent post trying to call me out on something I wasn't even doing. I was not making much of a deal out of it, simply wondering if anyone had gotten the same experience.

Now stop. It's over. You can rest now. Sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Two other threads you say? They must really be outsourcing.

Also, "JimPaladin", generalizing people as a typical "MMOChampion user" is actually the same as bashing. Since you obviously mean it in a bad way. Ironic, since your thread fits what you're talking about. Which is trash. You must really be intelligent.

Oh, and yeah. The shitlord comment. Extremely intelligent. My goodness!
    Of course I'm bashing YOU, but you claimed I was bashing the GM for not speaking perfect English- which I wasn't (really). I mean I was pointing out that he wasn't fluent in English, but that's hardly "bashing" him.

I don't even know what to say to you, it's like you just make up whatever you want in order to try and insinuate I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Thank you for your incredibly intelligent and helpful post that addresses my issue.

(Can you spot the sarcasm??)
    I think you should go outside and not post anything for a while - just a friendly suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

And OP, why are you assuming just because the GM's English was terrible, that they might be outsourcing?
    Because, if they did outsource, they wouldn't put up the notes about looking for supprt, now would they?

There isn't much else to call outsourcing, even if you sign a contract, you have EU, US and Asia locations. Though, this is added into the fact that they are spread among those areas.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...#region=Global

They put on average, every like 6th month, an advert up saying they are seeking game-masters or support at the locations. Last I saw was for europe. So, would't call that much of outsourcing as it is still a location there.

And to be honest, as said before, in my time of playing this game - haven't seen a single person with bad english, unless I end up looking at trade chat at the same time.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-21 at 11:13 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I think you should go outside and not post anything for a while - just a friendly suggestion.
    Can't take the sarcasm to a useless post that is misconstruing what I'm saying? Get out of the kitchen. Or living room. Or foyer. Or hallway. Or whatever.

Just get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because, if they did outsource, they wouldn't put up the notes about looking for supprt, now would they?

That doesn't mean anything. I worked for a company that hires and outsources it's own support.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Because the English is terrible and a possible explanation for that could be they are beginning to outsource for some reason.

Pretty solid reason to have a theory for it being the reason, if you ask me.