how to enable intel gpu through dead card?

Spec: 2600k, asus gtx460 directu top 2 1gb, 8gb of 1333 ram asus p8z68 deluxe mobo

I was playing wow today when suddenly artefacts popped all over the screen
    Nvidia driver crashed and monitor turned off after few seconds

At that time gpu load was 99÷ but temperature was normal ~60c

I reseted pc and as soon as screen litup artifacts were there also i wasn't able to open nvidia control panel and in windows display settings everything is labeled as "unknown" (i guess its running of basic default windows drivers?). I assume my card is as good as dead so here is my question

Can i run intel integrated gpu through "dead" card as my mobo doesn't have any video output? If yes how can i do it? I was trying to enable virtu gpu but because nvidia drivers doesn't work I failed
    If not old radeon x800xl or gf 7950gt would let me use integrated gpu?

Sorry if its simple question but im currently on mobile so searching and browsing forums is kinda hard and this is pretty much only one tech related (sub)forum i already had account on

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-10-22 at 12:14 AM.

You can't run anything through a "dead" card. Your mobo should have SOME form of video output, even if it's just VGA.

After a quick googling, it does have onboard video, looks to be VGA and DVI if the pictures i'm looking at are correct.

You can simply take out the GPU and plug your cable into the onboard video and it should boot up just fine. I wouldn't try to get it to boot while the card is still installed after it dies/starts dying(which is what it sounds like happened).

When you get it to boot properly, then you can try putting the card back in and seeing if you can get it recognized through Device Manager(scan for hardware changes and try enabling the card if it shows up under the Display Adapter).
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

My mobo doesn't have any video output
    http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/...2011/09/10.jpg
    (I wouldn't ask otherwise )

So as i suspected im out of luck with this card
    Do you know if i can use these old cards to run igpu? (I dont have them at my place right know so if it wont work im not going to bother getting them back)

Thanks for quick reply

I'd imagine not.

Probably your best bet for running the iGPU would be a USB Display Adapter. Truth be told, I have no idea how they work, or if they'd even work in your situation. But at that point, might as well save some more cash for a replacement GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    I But at that point, might as well save some more cash for a replacement GPU.
    Yeah i was already planning to replace gpu but i was holding back to see if mantle api is actually going to change anything and/or for nvidia price drops in response to r9 series

I just need some kind of emergency solution for few weeks before i decided what to buy

Your topic is rather confusing. You're asking how to use integrated gpu while saying you don't have an integrated gpu. From looking at Newegg, the "deluxe" version simply has no video capabilities. If you've got an old card laying around you could use it for a while, but your mobo simply doesn't support integrated graphics.

I do have integrated in cpu intel hd 3000 but my mobo doesn't have video output because its not required

Normally I just connect monitor to gpu and I can use e.g. quick sync for video encoding or igpu to run games now my card doesn't work so I was making sure if there is way to make it work through damaged unit

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    I do have integrated in cpu intel hd 3000 but my mobo doesn't have video output because its not required

Normally I just connect monitor to gpu and I can use e.g. quick sync for video encoding or igpu to run games now my card doesn't work so I was making sure if there is way to make it work through damaged unit
    If the card isn't working than no, your pretty much screwed. A USB adapter like what Fin posted is probably your best temporary bet until you get a replacement GPU.

As for a replacement, Mantle is supposed to give a real nice boost to any AMD card that has the GCN architecture, which is quite a few of them(HD 7xxx series and up). Plus the 290/290x are going to be out by the end of the month.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having an integrated GPU just means that it supports that. The motherboard MUST have some kind of video output, and not all do. It's entirely optional. A USB deal might not work, because you often need to install drivers first.

EDIT: I missed the part about the x800 or 7950... isnt a 7950 better than a 460? Why aren't you using that? ANyway, either of those cards would work, however they would not use the iGPU. They'd just be the card per normal.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-10-21 at 11:34 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Geforce 7950 not radeon

Lucid virtu soft allows me to use igpu w/o physically connecting monitor to on board video (hence lack of it on my mobo)

Obivusly now it doesn't work

They'd just be the card per normal
    Yes thats why im probably going to do but hd3000 iirc is better than gf7950 and definitely outperforms x800 as I said before I dont have these cards right now it may take me a while to get them back (I lend them to my friend and sister) so was looking for way to use igpu

You all confirmed it wont work with damaged card
    Thanks