Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Ha, indeed. I'm amazed at how many liberals have forgiven Obama's war allocations, being satisfied to trade the Iraq War for a bigger Afghanistan War.
    funny thing is, im not a fan of obama at all. i felt like he was a pussy on health care (i think he should have gone for single payer with ACA in his back pocket for when the GOP countered with it), and he has been far more hawkish than i would like - although pretty much anubody he ran against would have been far worse on that, including hilary. i just end up defending him against nonsense because, well, it's nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    holy fucking shit, is this a legit criticism of obama backed up with fact? sourced and everything! i guess it IS possible on this forum after all!

funny that it took a liberal to do it
    That graph is not a surprise. He pretty much campaigned on the idea that he felt Afghanistan should have been the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    funny thing is, im not a fan of obama at all. i felt like he was a pussy on health care (i think he should have gone for single payer with ACA in his back pocket for when the GOP countered with it), and he has been far more hawkish than i would like - although pretty much anubody he ran against would have been far worse on that, including hilary. i just end up defending him against nonsense because, well, it's nonsense
    Right, same here. As a letter grade, I'd give him about a C-minus. Maybe even a D-plus. I don't hate him, I don't think he's horrible. I just don't actually like him either, and the disinformation and propaganda that's spread about him drives me nuts. Criticize him for things he's done poorly, sure, but there's no need to make shit up. The irony of it all is he should receive about the same grades from conservatives as liberals - the actual Obama (rather than Kenyan, Marxist, Muslim one) is really squishy and hasn't done very many liberal things.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    That graph is not a surprise. He pretty much campaigned on the idea that he felt Afghanistan should have been the focus.
    Right, and I said as much in another post. I'm not saying he lied about it, I'm saying he told the truth, made a horrible decision, and squandered our wealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is, by far, the greatest president in the history of the US.

Not for the things he's done, not for his ideas, but for the fact that so many people despise him purely because of his skin colour, and will find any reason possible to hate him.

Those that called him a muslim, or claimed he was born outside of the US - for no reason other than because his father was black - were shown up as the racists they always were. That's not just a few hillbillies who were shown up, but major political, media and business figures.

He's managed to out a huge number of the scum in US society by being himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Dislike. He campaigned (and won election) on how much he was different than George Bush, yet he kept and even expanded some of the very same policies he railed against. He also campaigned on increasing government transparency, but has done worse than his predecessor in that regard.
    These and Spectral's gripes are ones I share, and legitimate.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

A President is supposed to bring the political parties together. As far as I can tell, he likes to be just as divisive as the rest of them. I wish there were more political party options - this nation is going down the pooper unless a leader who can unite the country is elected.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    He is, by far, the greatest president in the history of the US.

Not for the things he's done, not for his ideas, but for the fact that so many people despise him purely because of his skin colour, and will find any reason possible to hate him.

Those that called him a muslim, or claimed he was born outside of the US - for no reason other than because his father was black - were shown up as the racists they always were. That's not just a few hillbillies who were shown up, but major political, media and business figures.

He's managed to out a huge number of the scum in US society by being himself.
    so, the jackie robinson argument, except that jackie was a hall of famer stat-wise. i guess it still hold some merit though
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His campaigin team did such a good job making him into black Jesus i'm not sure what standards I should hold him to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Not an American but since this is an international forum I will give my opinion. I used to like Obama, he was miles ahead of that shaved chimp that was before him, Obamas first term went pretty well and he seemed to be making progress. His second term however he has constantly lied, taken away peoples liberties and freedom and warmongered. He also gave the UK the middle finger when he called the Falkland islands the Malvinas as well as calling France Americas greatest ally, the UK, USA and Poland were first into Iraq and Afghanistan while France scoffed.

He picked the surrender monkeys over you guys? What an ass.

Something I don't understand why Republicans always talk about how much Obama spends in Afghanistan.

This is the first time in world history that the West has a pretty big presence in the middle east. Part of Christianity is spreading your religion. We all know how Tea Partiers and such LOVE Muslims, so why would they be against an American presence invading the soil of their arch-enemy? In 30-40 years, alot of those muslim's kids will go more towards Christianity moreso then if the US didn't have occupying troops there.. So what gives? Isn't the US doing "God's work"?

Deleted
    Escalating the war in Afghanistan was a major 2008 election promise and he was able to do so. Had he desired to go the other direction, he surely could have. Think about what could be done with hundreds of billions of dollars (trillions, really, once you count VA expenditures down the road for injured veterans and DoD spending that's only necessary because of wars, but isn't technically war budgeted). There's endless possibilities, and all of them are better than squandering that money in a hellhole and flushing the lives of young men and women down a toilet.

Basically, no matter what else a President does, I will not like them if they waste enormous sums of money and human life in wars of choice.
    So if he left, and taliban got back power and started mass slaughter and reestablish terrorist camps, which could result in more terrorisme on a global scale. You'd clap for pulling out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Is it really 100 % him that makes the choice of a wars/occupations budget?
    Would you have also given Bush that benefit of the doubt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Something I don't understand why Republicans always talk about how much Obama spends in Afghanistan.

This is the first time in world history that the West has a pretty big presence in the middle east. Part of Christianity is spreading your religion. We all know how Tea Partiers and such LOVE Muslims, so why would they be against an American presence invading the soil of their arch-enemy? In 30-40 years, alot of those muslim's kids will go more towards Christianity moreso then if the US didn't have occupying troops there.. So what gives? Isn't the US doing "God's work"?
    Maybe because not all republicans hate Islam and desire to spread Jesus's word through war?

I dislike everything about Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    A President is supposed to bring the political parties together. As far as I can tell, he likes to be just as divisive as the rest of them. I wish there were more political party options - this nation is going down the pooper unless a leader who can unite the country is elected.
    Yeah, if only he'd been a little nicer, I'm sure the Tea Party would have loved him and worked with him on important issues

Right, and I said as much in another post. I'm not saying he lied about it, I'm saying he told the truth, made a horrible decision, and squandered our wealth.
    You can say what you want, the reply wasn't to you. However, you're still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So if he left, and taliban got back power and started mass slaughter and reestablish terrorist camps, which could result in more terrorisme on a global scale. You'd clap for pulling out?
    Yes, I'd heartily clap for pulling out. I don't think spending ~$100 billion/per year indefinitely is a good plan at all. Handwaving about terrorism, which is nearly nonexistent in Western nations will not justify the trillions that have been spent.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You can say what you want, the reply wasn't to you. However, you're still wrong.
    That's a compelling non-argument you make. Then again, it's you, so it's to be expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Would you have also given Bush that benefit of the doubt?
    Bush started them, Obama choose to continue them. Quite a differens

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, indeed. I'm amazed at how many liberals have forgiven Obama's war allocations, being satisfied to trade the Iraq War for a bigger Afghanistan War.
    Not to mention his little Syria tirade that everyone has forgotten about (Conservatives and liberals alike)

Deleted
    Yes, I'd heartily clap for pulling out. I don't think spending ~$100 billion/per year indefinitely is a good plan at all. Handwaving about terrorism, which is nearly nonexistent in Western nations will not justify the trillions that have been spent.
    Fair enough. Could shutting down those terroist camp be part of the bolded part?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Not to mention his little Syria tirade that everyone has forgotten about (Conservatives and liberals alike)
    We really got quite lucky that played out as it did.