Poll: Choose!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yes but they didn't impliment half of the tools while saying it. they changed their mind and then started

where's warlocks got like 80% of the tools and just needs the rest and a change/spec added and maybe duel wielding swords add like how enhancement shamans get it. *or a passive that copy's your main hand weapon into your offhand so offhand items are still used

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a single spec only?

Where's the rule that if a Demon Hunter is implemented, it MUST have 3 specs?

Make it a traditional MDPS WC3 Demon Hunter with a single spec. You want to play a DH? Then you be that.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    What about a single spec only?

Where's the rule that if a Demon Hunter is implemented, it MUST have 3 specs?

Make it a traditional MDPS WC3 Demon Hunter with a single spec. You want to play a DH? Then you be that.
    For that, might as well give warlocks a demon hunter spec.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    See my sig concept of a dh. thats what i want. =3

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The problem with the Demon Hunter is that its core and iconic abilities are already present in the game in the Demonology tree. If we get a Demon Hunter that can't use Metamorphosis, Immolation, etc then it's not even a Warcraft Demon Hunter.

Blizzard, when doing their rework of Warlocks, effectively stopped themselves from ever doing a proper Demon Hunter class. They had an opportunity to take Meta from Warlocks and push them in a different direction. Instead, they made it even more Demon Hunter like with things like Dark Apotheosis and the Demonic Fury resource.

It's one thing to expand on preexisting concepts like they did with the Monk and the Death Knight. It's another to design a class who's core mechanics are already present in the Demonology Warlock, resulting in, if making a proper Demon Hunter, two specs that are entirely too similar. It would be like if a Paladingot a Runecaster tree that used weapon runes and was spell based melee, conflicting directly with Death Knights.
    We all agree Illidan is the "template" Demon Hunter yes?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917#abilities

Weird I don't see a single Warlock ability there at all...

Tank, Ranged DPS, melee caster -- strong focus on casting spells in melee range.

Affliction, Demonology and Destruction
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Affliction, Demonology and Destruction
    demon hunters are not warlocks, check your facts

10+ Year Old Account
    Long range dps with traditional 2h bow/gun/crossbow.
    Short to Mid range DPS with dual wield.
    Mid range capable tank that emphasises explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post

he has an improved version of immolate, an improved version of drain soul, two different improved versions of shadow bolt and an aura (demo locks have auras while in metamorphosis).

now let's look at other demon hunters:

loramus thalipedes had several felhunter pets pre-cata, and uses shadowbolts post-cata.

alandien casts shadowfury.

varedis has a "curse of flames", which is the same as the curse of elements, but only works with fire damage.

telarius casts immolate. not even immolation aura, it's the classic warlock immolate, present since vanilla.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post

If you want to see the template demon hunter look at the WC3 class. They have spells like "immolate" and "Metamorphasis" also things like mana burn and evasion. Spells you will recognise on other classes in wow already.

Regarding illidan, he kinda went down a dark path when consuming the skull of gul'dan and became half demon himself. Not really a great example for a demon hunter.

*edit* Personally given the whole history of Warcraft I think the whole warlock class is quite strange to have in game and should never have been implemented, instead it should have been demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    he has an improved version of immolate, an improved version of drain soul, two different improved versions of shadow bolt and an aura (demo locks have auras while in metamorphosis).

loramus thalipedes had several felhunter pets pre-cata, and uses shadowbolts post-cata.

varedis has a "curse of flames", which is the same as the curse of elements, but only works with fire damage.

telarius casts immolate. not even immolation aura, it's the classic warlock immolate, present since vanilla.
    and before wotlk, death knights used warlock, warriors and shadow priest spells. =O

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, when will this obsession with demon hunter die already? Does anybody really want hosts of blindfolded half-naked elves dual wielding those idiotic, useless, absolutely impractical warglaives flooding the game? Like pandas weren't enough.

A ranged tank who dual wield crossbows or full-auto bows (because fuck logic) and has active mitigation skills, maybe a dodge skill, kind of like roll. But in all seriousness, a ranged tank.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    and before wotlk, death knights used warlock, warriors and shadow priest spells. =O
    than only the future will tell which one of us is right.

I believe a demon hunter is better fit into the warlock class, because they share a lot of thematic and lore. warlocks are former arcanists (or shamans, in the case of orcs) that started using demonic power. illidan was a mage that started using demonic power and called himself a demon hunter. both warlocks and demon hunters wear light armor. demon hunters use demon powers to fight against demons, and from the new warcraft visual guide, guess what warlocks do:

"While many warlocks willingly follow the Burning Legion, there are those who work against it, using their magic to fight against evil."

give a warlock spec dual wielding and melee attacks, and you have a demon hunter.

I say it's a safer and more intelligent approach for blizzard to bake demon hunters into warlocks than to make it a new class. less balancing to do, and they can just make a new class out of something more unique.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-10-22 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynos View Post
    A ranged tank who dual wield crossbows or full-auto bows (because fuck logic) and has active mitigation skills, maybe a dodge skill, kind of like roll. But in all seriousness, a ranged tank.
    sounds like diablo 3 dh, which is not a wow dh

Tank/melee/melee seems most obvious to me, though a ranged or second tanking spec could happen, if the mechanics are interesting and varied enough. I've been working on a class concept thread of my own for a while now. I have a spec idea I really like, except that I don't think it'd make a compelling PvE DPS spec. PvP would be awesome, and tanking could be cool, but I'm still debating the final design.

I firmly believe there is a whole lot of design space available to create a unique new class; whether or not WoW needs to add any new melee or tanking specs right now is an entirely different discussion.

Except that Illidan is the "inspiration" for the potential DH class.

...and unlike most WC3 inspired classes he was implemented in WOW as an NPC/Boss so the creation of the class would probably be more from the actual implementation of Illidan in the game rather than WC3.

Basically he has no Warlock abilities.

Now you try and draw comparisons...ok.

Glyphed Consecrate is Death and Decay

Shadow Bolt and Fireball...essentially same thing.

We can go on and on and on if you want to talk similar class mechanics/abilities...

10+ Year Old Account
    So many limited choices!!!

None of the above?

I want a non-mana ranged class.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

I'd like them to hurry up and bring the class to WoW, so we don't have to read 532 variants of the same thread.