Bring the weekly Raid Quest back.. but for a random (scaled) old Raid!!

Who else would like this?

Each week there would be a random old raid that you could run together with your guild, and you would all be scaled down to match that raid (or vice versa).

Completing that specific weeks raid would net you a stash of that weeks valor. I'm not sure if a few random LFR loots thrown in would give people more incentive or if that would be unneeded.

IT would give people a lot more excuse to visit old raids as they were intended to be seen, there would be a whole heap of variety too if we included all raids from the history of WoW. (Plus dungeons would remain the usual current difficulty at other times)

the technology is pretty much there already, with all the scaling, so I can't imagine it would be THAT hard to implement.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Scaled raids are going to happen eventually, though personally I'd enjoy them much more if they scaled the players down instead of the bosses being scaled up.

It would be a bit of work, (just a bit, though) but basically you'd have it so players were put into gear and speccs appropriate for that raid, and you'd get to see the raid, basically, the way it was "meant" to be seen. I'd like that, at least, as opposed to just buffing an old boss and making it very tank-and-spank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Scaled raids are going to happen eventually, though personally I'd enjoy them much more if they scaled the players down instead of the bosses being scaled up.

It would be a bit of work, (just a bit, though) but basically you'd have it so players were put into gear and speccs appropriate for that raid, and you'd get to see the raid, basically, the way it was "meant" to be seen. I'd like that, at least, as opposed to just buffing an old boss and making it very tank-and-spank.
    This might be much, much closer than you think to being a reality.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Getting 39 or 24 other people to learn (or perhaps relearn) mechanics for an old raid will be hard unless the reward for doing so is outstanding.

I can see groups falling apart after a few wipes.

It also depends how they scale because these days it only takes 20-25 level 60 twinks to clear AQ40,MC,BWL and it's still cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Getting 39 or 24 other people to learn (or perhaps relearn) mechanics for an old raid will be hard unless the reward for doing so is outstanding.

I can see groups falling apart after a few wipes.

It also depends how they scale because these days it only takes 20-25 level 60 twinks to clear AQ40,MC,BWL and it's still cake.
    The scaled raids would likely be still easy like Naxx 2.0 back in ICC. A lot of players that went in did not know wtf to do and went out having completed the event.

I still like the idea while at the same time if Blizzard is going to make it random queue at all or with the intention of everyone being able to complete it then it is going to be somewhat boring and just a change in scenery.

While I don't see it happening, it would be *very* nice if old raids were scaled and brought to the forefront as a means of leveling once you reach 60+

If I can get 2-3+ levels from doing a dungeon the first time, why can't I at least get ONE level from doing a raid for the first time ?

Throw a few 'Please hero, kill the bad guy and save the world!' quests at the start, and some weekly JP/VP for higher levels, and I'll be happy.