Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Mod warning: Keep the BF vs. CoD debates out of this thread. It never ends well for the thread or for those involved. -Edge

I've caught up with a bunch of videos today, and i'm super looking forward to it now. I found black ops 2 pretty stale, didn't enjoy it that much, but this has so many changes that it looks really good.

Here are a few videos/links

Launch trailer

Main singleplayer trailer

Multiplayer clan trailer

And here's a site with the info upto now such as maps, guns etc.

http://www.codghosts.net/multiplayer-maps/

and finally a random video i found on youtube that shows decent multiplayer footage with some info etc.

First time i've been looking forward to a CoD release in a long time. I'm actually looking forward to the singleplayer for once too, wtf.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-11-06 at 05:53 PM.

In B4 COD is shit/COD is the same/Not a new game ect.

Looks like a good upgrade but ima wait till next gen to get it. I am looking forward to some new futuristic guns.

We can do without the "inb4" posts. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-10-22 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played a CoD since MW2 but I was torn between BF4 and this. I could only get 1 unfortunately, so I grabbed BF4 but I was honestly wanting to pick up Ghosts. It looks pretty good. I still plan on getting it when I can in a couple of weeks but I have to say, I was pretty impressed for it being Call of Duty.

I grabbed it, found a nice deal for it on GMG.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Im loving the amount of rifles and the range of them, Not loving the lack of the fiveseven in the pistols. They include the peice of shit m9 by not the fiveseven?

Not buying it unless there's some good anti hacking/cheating tool for the PC. The amount of aimbots, admin abusers, wallhackers and whatnot is unreal on the PC, completely destroying what will probably be a good game.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always find it strange that trailer focus mainly on the single player campaign, when we know that the campaign represent only a few percent of the game time spent for someone who buy CoD.

I like the campaign for MW, but it's too short and not much replay value. It's a rent or borrow from a friend for me, not a buy. I wish to see a renew of modern military shooter. I would love to see a single player CoD or BF where they drop you on a map, give you a few missions, and it's entirely up to you how you approach the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Not buying it unless there's some good anti hacking/cheating tool for the PC. The amount of aimbots, admin abusers, wallhackers and whatnot is unreal on the PC, completely destroying what will probably be a good game.
    A quick google search and it is confirmed that they do have dedicated servers across all platforms. Now that isn't going to fix everything, but it should fix your admin abusers and wallhackers.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cal.../1100-6415420/
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    I'll pick it up. Maybe not on launch, but at some point. IW's games don't tend to hold me for as long in the multiplayer as Treyarch's, but I always enjoy the campaigns of both. And hey, new setting after 6 years with Price & Soap!

Now, if only my closest friend group actually held interest in the game. Clan wars do sound fun.
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2013-10-22 at 10:14 AM.

I'm pretty sure I'll only play it if my brother buys it and I happen to be bored enough of the games I'm playing to play it with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Honestly i've never had any problems with this, i basically only play fps games on the pc and sincee CSS the amount of hackers i've seen in fps games has been extremely small (and i play a lot of fps games). In the CoD's i've not seen a hacker since the first week of mw3, maybe i'm just lucky that i've not been put with one?

I'm not saying anyone here on the forum is this kind of player, but many players rather think that players that are better then they are cheating.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    ill probably get it in a few months for xbox360 when its a bit cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm not saying anyone here on the forum is this kind of player, but many players rather think that players that are better then they are cheating.

thats like the same in every game, everyone who is worse than you is a scrub/noob, everyone who is better is a nolife/hacker

- - - Updated - - -

one thing i hope for on this CoD is some maps where i can actually snipe! i knwo the game style is to have smaller maps, but i just want at least one map where i can snipe Array on black ops was pretty good for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Honestly i've never had any problems with this, i basically only play fps games on the pc and sincee CSS the amount of hackers i've seen in fps games has been extremely small (and i play a lot of fps games). In the CoD's i've not seen a hacker since the first week of mw3, maybe i'm just lucky that i've not been put with one?
    They're mostly in groundwar or infected, the former being my favorite gamemode. They're not very common in the other gamemodes though as there's a substantial increase in players per game on groundwar which makes cheating more "fun" I guess.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I might pick it up. I haven't played CoD since Black Ops, and I got Battlefield 3 during the Humble Origin Bundle, plus BF3 Premium for like $10. So it might not be a bad way to round out my shooters grabbing this.

Thought this could use a bump with Extinction mode being leaked. It's basically an Alien survival mode with challenges/objectives
    http://imgur.com/a/FCK8Q/
    Last edited by Killer52431; 2013-10-27 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

Looks like a good upgrade but ima wait till next gen to get it. I am looking forward to some new futuristic guns.

We can do without the "inb4" posts. -Edge
    For Xbone it's not much of an upgrade, 720p and it has been stated that COD: Ghosts is having issues with consoles (PS4-Xbone) on the FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Thought this could use a bump with Extinction mode being leaked. It's basically an Alien survival mode with challenges/objectives
    http://imgur.com/a/FCK8Q/
    I was getting tired of zombies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I was getting tired of zombies anyway.
    Yeh i missed the firefight type gametype of facing waves of enemys that actually fire back. Zombies is cool but in the past few zombie games they have goten away from the just spreading weapons and ammo across the map, making you go through extensive areas or story just to play the zombies mode.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    For Xbone it's not much of an upgrade, 720p and it has been stated that COD: Ghosts is having issues with consoles (PS4-Xbone) on the FPS.
    i'm more amazed that the game requires 40GB of hard drive space O_o