Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    The fire is avoidable? Always seemed like you got 1 tick and it disapeared before another one.
    There's 2 maybe 3 ticks of fire, and you can move out of it. Not enough to matter unless you get it 3 or 4 times without healing, though. So an LFR-only problem.

Try this:

We are a very casual raid. BC hardcore raiders that burnt out, but still raid once a week now. Nothing extreme, but we do know our individual classes.

We send 1T, 2D, 1H* to the towers...with a catch.
    The moment the towers are open we send me (enh shaman), healer, tank, rogue up to tower and we kill the 3 mobs in the tower bottom while raid kills the demo...yes the stuns hurt but not terribly. Once the demo is down (usually same time the three are down), the 2D and Tank head up while healer goes back to the group....it now falls on me to dps and off-spec heal the tank on the miniboss (the gun lady hits harder than the first one)....but this gives our 3 healers back to the group getting flame arrowed and fireballed.

In your group I would send your Good Ret, the bad Ret, the Monk tank and random healer. once up there, tank uses Defense CD's and the two hybrids off-heal...should be enough. Let bad Ret do the canon then run over to the second tower (should be right about time)...rinse repeat and start wiping on dragon part

Once they get the healing and arcs down...the boss is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Yea I shoot down all the drakes while the dps and heals jump down to the adds.
    You should probably be heading back down yourself to either pick up the adds or peel high enforcer thranok off the other tank and get him away from the add pile (he does a targetted radial cleave, so anyone being near his tank is likely to kiss the ground). Have your lowest tower dps shoot down the drakes. Tank, disc priest(atonement, woo), and 3 dps will get you and all but that one dps off the tower in time to handle the Thranok wave. There's not as much pressure to kill the second tower as fast, since you're probably waiting until the drake wave is at 20% or so before you pull down the boss, and 2 dps, tank, & disc can do that reliably.

We leave a tank and healer on the ground and send everyone else up for the first tower. They burn it down fast, and we come down to help clean up the trash. We send a tank, healer, and 2 dps up for the 2nd tower, since there's more adds to take care of by then. It goes really smooth since we started doing it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by TaxmanCDN View Post
    We leave a tank and healer on the ground and send everyone else up for the first tower. They burn it down fast, and we come down to help clean up the trash. We send a tank, healer, and 2 dps up for the 2nd tower, since there's more adds to take care of by then. It goes really smooth since we started doing it this way.
    Doing this tactic, do you send all up as soon as the demo is down, or do you kill demo + snake mini boss then all go tower? Just wondering..

10+ Year Old Account
    The strat that give my guild the kill was, When the mini-boss spawns we kill him/her then the demo, then ALL the dps, 1 tank, 1 healer(ours is a pally) go right up the tower bring the adds up to the boss up there. on the stairs if healer and range want to just poke their head out they can heal and dps there, knockback just push's you into the wall. once they are dead everyone except one dps, he jumps into the gun and kills the drakes flying around, everyone else jumps down to help the 2 healers and tank left there, the next wave should be spawning soon. Soon as the drakes are dead the gunner joins the raid!

During the tower 1, the tank down should be able to kill the 2 dragon's on his own! just keep moving and heal the flame arrows.

When the next mini boss shows up everyone cleave like crazy, soon as the Demo shows up everyone on it, at 20% health on the Demo, tower team 2 heads up the tower, 1 tank, 2 high dps, 1 healer. once the tower boss is dead have one dps stay in tower 2's gun and stunlock the boss, the rest join the raid. Once the 2 smaller dragons spawn, your other adds will be almost dead, sent up your 1 st gunner to tower 1 and get ready.

Once the orc adds are dead bring down the boss, the dragon adds will die fast from the tanks alone.

For us doing it this way took a lot of the chaos out of it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things that I would mention to help and not sure if you are takign advantage of.

1) Have the warlock place portal so you can get up to the first tower asap! The group that is asigned should know where the portals will be palced and dps the demolisher as close to it as possible so they can get up to tower 1 ASAP!

2) Have your priest be the healer for towers. When the demo spawns have them use the portal up and heal from the edge and have your tower tank as close to teh priest as possible while dmgig the demo. As soon as demo is dead have the tank life gripped up and start the charge to teh top of the tower / dmg the 3 adds. This will speed up gettign to the top and killign all adds.

3) Send up your TOP DPS there is no need to have the top dps on the ground it is a waste! The faster you clear tower and start shooting down drakes the less fir dmg you will take, the less you will die the more you will progress. If you need to send 3 dps or 4 ...whatever you need to clear tower fast do it! Without that you will sit in that transition too long and die or get out so messy the next waves will overun you.

One thing I saw that you need to fix as well is healing tide totem.. on your best attempt there was 6 ticks of healign tide totem and there should be 0! Get that fixed ASAP even if it means having everyone make a /target healing tide macro ! You need to make sure people are interupting fracture as well...27 ticks went off in a 8 min fight needs to get interupted ASAP.

You have great flamestrike dmg so good job keepign them in that but looks liek things just need to be killed faster and priorities need to be taken care of asap! Totem>Banner>stop fracture>Shamie--- wtv else.

My POV to see what I mean with life grip and portals etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb_k4-AqLIY

Hi, rather than making a new thread i thought i'd bump this. We had a 15% wipe today and the npcs didn't engage. As the AoE damage from them is quite close to them I'm assuming you have to gank galak pretty much next to them to make them engage? Will this cause them to take substantially more damage as well? Or is it simply just swap the normal positions to benefit from the extra dps

10+ Year Old Account
    All the mobs/boss need to be at least on fire circle which damages the enemies. If boss/adds are there, or bit more closer to the docks, the NPC engage. Other then that, they don't.

As for the damage, well, the NPC help you to soak the fire balls as well so they do get all your beneficial buff and well, the debuffs. But in general they don't take that signifigant damage if you tank galakras on top of them.
    Just make sure your raid is opposite side of the NPCs for stacking

Our tactic:

Do as normal until first tower opens up.
    Everyone go in, kill the guy, (think somebody shoot the drakes if they're flying about) and jump down.
    As normal until second tower, send up 4 people to that one (inc tank and healer). Healer jumps in cannon if 3 healing, DPS if 2 healing.
    At an appropriate point, send a second DPS up the first tower again and bring the boss down.
    Do the actual boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 2 healed the fight and what we did on normal was:

1st tower:
    Everyone but 1 tank and 1 healer go up. We rush to the top and clear the tower asap, one person stays to shoot down the drakes with the canon (once all the drakes are down that person (mage in our case) jumps down to help with the adds). It is very important to clear the tower and shoot down drakes as quickly as possible.

We go down and continue clearing the adds.

2nd tower:
    We send 1 tank, 1 healer (make sure it is a good healer as there is more damage going out than on the 1st tower) and 3 dps. They clear the tower and all but one person (that will use the cannon) go down to kill the adds.

Once all the adds on the ground are dead (or at least all the shamans) I just go to tower one and shoot down the boss.

The important thing here is the adds on the ground and the timer for the next set of adds. Make sure you shoot down the boss when all or most adds are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    All the mobs/boss need to be at least on fire circle which damages the enemies. If boss/adds are there, or bit more closer to the docks, the NPC engage. Other then that, they don't.

As for the damage, well, the NPC help you to soak the fire balls as well so they do get all your beneficial buff and well, the debuffs. But in general they don't take that signifigant damage if you tank galakras on top of them.
    Just make sure your raid is opposite side of the NPCs for stacking
    Ok so raid would be stacking where the adds spawn from etc and boss facing towards the docks/npcs? Just wondered if anyone has actually done this and if the NPC dies from the constant breaths or if there health pools are big enough not to worry about it

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but our group sends 1 tank, our 2 melee dps and a healer to the towers, with everyone else staying down and the towers get spanked pretty damn quick. We have an average ilvl in the team of around 550 currently fyi. Sending 1 dps up if you don't have really high dps is not going to work because the towers will take faaar too long. Remember that the longer you spend doing something, the more mana your healers waste and the higher chance there is of someone fucking up, so send more people to towers and get them done quick.

the 2 DPS we always left as part of the ground group could both stun
    This is good advice too. whoever stays behind should be able to stop fracture from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Ok so raid would be stacking where the adds spawn from etc and boss facing towards the docks/npcs? Just wondered if anyone has actually done this and if the NPC dies from the constant breaths or if there health pools are big enough not to worry about it
    Correct.

We do it in all our kills. No problems so far. But our tanks keep the boss in an angle, facing bit away from the NPC. As I've been only one alive on 2 Galakras oneshots (from 15-10 mil > 0 as sole survivor x_X), I can tell you that the balls don't kill the NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Correct.

We do it in all our kills. No problems so far. But our tanks keep the boss in an angle, facing bit away from the NPC. As I've been only one alive on 2 Galakras oneshots (from 15-10 mil > 0 as sole survivor x_X), I can tell you that the balls don't kill the NPC.
    Awesome stuff, yeah i was thinking once i posted it probs best just to turn him against the walls at the sides ^^ We would of downed him last night except 1 dps kept deciding to go to the sides instead of behind raid when we had ball..... and probably my fault as tank for not moving him early in the fight to NPC's xd

Just a quick tip for whomever may be having trouble with dodging the tower miniboss knockbacks.

If you wait to see the dust on the ground, you are waiting too long, 99% of the time--esp if the thunderclap has you snared. What I do is make a point to zoom in my camera fairly close to my toon as I run up to the tower (do it BEFORE you go inside, you can't accurately adjust it indoors and you don't want to be fussing with it once you're up top). If the tank can pull the miniboss out of the center of the platform, too, it will help the dps see that the knockback sequence is about to begin, as the boss will always jump to the center of the platform before he/she starts casting.

When they move to the center to start casting, get close to the boss and pay extremely close attention to where the boss is turning and facing and adjust your position to stay behind the boss AS THEY MOVE. Do not wait until they've moved, stopped, and started casting. You will get knocked off. Move smoothly behind them AS THEY SHIFT to their new direction.

If the DPS stay very close to the boss as this happens, they will also minimize how far they have to strafe to stay behind the boss. Saves time.

The key is having your camera position very close so you can easily determine which way the boss is facing. It can be extremely difficult to see which way the boss is turning if you're at max camera range and there are three grunts and a tank and flame splashes all on top of the boss obscuring the view. Also, too far out and you have drakes flying between your camera and your toon, completely blocking the view. Get close, stay behind.

Once I switched to this technique I never got knocked off.

Went in there with my team for the first time last week. The fight seemed pretty easy, until the second tower...

Seemed like everything was under control, but by the time we'd make it back from the second tower, we'd have a crap ton of adds and two protodrakes that had piled on and just when those were almost under control we'd get another wave of adds running at us.

Looks like you're waiting until after you kill the adds that follow the second demo? That group I think has 2 Shamen, am I correct? Seems like we're missing something on timing... Will give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing to remember is the beserk timer on this fight is not really a concern. When our dps was low we just kept an extra dps down for the second tower and sent 4 people up to deal with the tower and had 6 down to deal with the adds that spawn. Never pull down the boss until you've got a clear spot between add waves. If you're struggling, I suggest just waiting until the third set of drakes, you'll more than likely be caught up then. Just handle the 2nd tower slowly and then have everyone back down handling the waves and send your two cannon people up right before the 3rd drake spawn, as soon as they die, pull down the boss.

Just relax, slow down, and it seems to go a lot better.

Just thought I'd mention we finally got galak down and shortly after jugger and dark shamans (we were suprised too!) It helps massively being on vent and communicating to call nukes on certain targets. Generally we stuck to the tactic of 1x tank/healer 2x dps going towers. Our dps was pretty good though, first mini boss was down before demo even appeared which makes things a lot easier. Only struggle was getting people to move correctly on P2 but once everyone learnt from their own mistakes it was easy with healers spamming everything they had ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    It helps massively being on vent and communicating to call nukes on certain targets.
    Wait ... you were trying to raid without voice communication???