Hello guys !
Short version :
I've seen half of the flex i joined with oqueue requesting a certain ilvl and xp, and having guys in the group below the ilvl with no xp (a guy even asked if a summon was possible (for a fresh run, where xp was mandatory) )
How do you deal with false advertising on oqueue ?
On openraid, it is quite easy to armory check the guys you will run with even before accepting to join a run.
On oqueue it's not. You have to join the group and then hope for the best.
So my questions are :
- Do you check the guys you'll do the run with, when you enter the instance ?
- If so, how do you do it ? addon ? manually ? some names are painful to write (on EU servers you often have nice russian guys in the group, and it's not easy to remember / write in the b-net armory, for us non cyrillic writer )
- What do you do if the check showed that the some guys did not met the advertisement of the run ?
A good check may include :
- ilvl (most meaningless, i agree, but it's the only thing oqueue enforce about the RL and other oqueue joiners, and even that can be tricked, with offspec gear)
- the optimization (is everything enchanted / gemmed / reforged. If you have no knowledge of the class, AMR can give you a idea)
- the previous experience (on the given toon, it's easy to see on the b.net armory, you can go further with wowprogress sometimes giving mains / alts, so you can see if other toons has xp).
I'm asking that because it's a bit frustrating to join what will seem to be a farm run (ilvl 540+, flex xp for all bosses of the wing), and that you join a preformed progression group, that the RL completes with oQueue. I can bear one or two wipes per boss. But some others expecting a quicker run leave the group at first wipe (i don't blame them : the run was advertised as a farm one) and most of the time it meant a raid-off in the following 5 minutes : it's a lot of time lost waiting for the group to form, to wipe teaching thing to guys with no xp, etc...
Please don't tell me to form my own group, it is not a great solution : if everybody follow this advice, everybody will be the leader of a 1-man group which is not really useful for flex raiding