Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Galakras 10man Normal

So we can't get this boss down. Logs from tonight We started with me, the better ret pally, and the disc priest doing towers. They go well with that group, but then we are having people die on the ground to fire. So I switched it up and took the worse ret pally and the frost dk up since they are the ones most often dying to fire. The towers go ever slower AND then fall off b/c they can't move out of arcing smash. I just don't know how to tell people to move out of the fire more so than I already have. Is there anything I'm missing in this or do I just need to replace 2 people(I'm already in the process of replacing the frost dk but the worse ret pally is the wife of the resto druid.)

Can you link the armory of the two players. I'm not 14/14 but my guild had trouble on the boss but we just downed it a few days ago so I know the feeling. Also my raids tower group had more than 3 people.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

We send five people in the first tower (tank, heal, three dps) and I think (I've never gone in the tower, so not sure) that they kill the flamethrowers before pulling the mini-boss, at the top of the tower.
    It definitely help the raid to survive during our first wipes to have the tower group kill the flamethrowers on the tower as soon as possible.

Well, I skimmed thru the logs, and yeah, damage taken from Flame Arrows is fairly high. Your Drakefire dmg taken is also up there but not amazingly so (Drakefire dmg stops once you've cleared tower nr1 and cannon'd down the drakes).

I dont really know how much help that is. Getting the tower done fast is important though, but you have to make sure you dont loose control over the groundmobs.

The best I could offer in terms of help would be a weakaura that forces people out of Flames, but thats sorta basic raiding, dont stand in the fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Can you link the armory of the two players. I'm not 14/14 but my guild had trouble on the boss but we just downed it a few days ago so I know the feeling. Also my raids tower group had more than 3 people.....
    Vozbez is the frost dk I'm in the process of replacing.
    Villainessa is the ret pally I can't easily replace due to being the wife of the resto druid.

We always send a tank up too in my group, but not sure how much that would help if you're avoiding issues or dps issues, figured I'd just throw it in there.

The problem that I can see right now is the fact you're only sending 3 to the tower. The slower you complete the tower, the more the drake's buff stacks up and deals more damage. Thus, send more people to the tower so the drake's (that is the ones in the air) don't stack very high and deal less damage. On the ground, there's just the two small drakes during that time, so no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Well, I skimmed thru the logs, and yeah, damage taken from Flame Arrows is fairly high. Your Drakefire dmg taken is also up there but not amazingly so (Drakefire dmg stops once you've cleared tower nr1 and cannon'd down the drakes).
    )
    Yea I shoot down all the drakes while the dps and heals jump down to the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    We send five people in the first tower (tank, heal, three dps) and I think (I've never gone in the tower, so not sure) that they kill the flamethrowers before pulling the mini-boss, at the top of the tower.
    It definitely help the raid to survive during our first wipes to have the tower group kill the flamethrowers on the tower as soon as possible.
    I can't see the ground team doing well at all with only 2 dps down there. I can see the reasoning I'm sure the tower would go down lickety-split, but I'm not that confident to leave only like the 2 ranged down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    The problem that I can see right now is the fact you're only sending 3 to the tower. The slower you complete the tower, the more the drake's buff stacks up and deals more damage. Thus, send more people to the tower so the drake's (that is the ones in the air) don't stack very high and deal less damage. On the ground, there's just the two small drakes during that time, so no big deal.
    There's the drakes...then there is the mini boss with the skullcrusher ability though right? The good ret pally is like my right hand man, he and I and the disc priest kill the tower pretty darn quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I can't see the ground team doing well at all with only 2 dps down there. I can see the reasoning I'm sure the tower would go down lickety-split, but I'm not that confident to leave only like the 2 ranged down there.
    There are only two drakes to deal with, for the ground team. Literally, nothing else.
    Even with only two dps it is the easiest moment of the encounter for the ground team, by far.

If you're worrying about the next wave, yes, the tower group won't necessarily be back exactly at the beginning of the next wave. But soon enough to kill the Shaman (and the mini-boss if your dps is strong enough, but it's not required) before the next tower opens and the following wave (that doesn't contain any shaman, btw, so you can focus the mini-boss if he's still alive) appears.

Note that we only send four people in the second tower, so the ground team doesn't fall behind with the next two waves (each of them having a shaman.)

For the first few weeks we killed this boss we sent 1T, 1H 2Dps to the towers (3H in a 10Nraid), now we send 1T 2burstDPS (2H in a 10Nraid) and find it easier. We kill the first tower boss before he gets a chance to do his aoe knockback.
    Last edited by sleepy67; 2013-10-22 at 06:02 AM.

We send 5 people to the towers, especially as there's plenty of downtime on the ground. The mini bosses on the towers need to die fast, as their frontal cones can be a pain for some ranged players (that's what I'mt old at least, I'm tanking it). The towers are really the easy part of the fight. The 2nd phase with the heavy burn/healing cds is more stressful (though pretty easy once you organize cds/positions)

We have a slightly different strat on normal. We send everyone up the first tower. All 10. Makes the tower go down super fast. The 2 drakes wil be tanked by the NPC's untill tower is clear. Takes around 20-25s. NPC's health haven't even moved by that time. Sounds crazy, right. But try it out and you will see for yourself how easy tower 1 is.

2nd tower is 1 tank, 1 healer and 2-3 dps.

Things we do (I can't see your logs at work, so I can't comment on them).

We go 2 tanks, 3 heals, 5 dps normally.

We send a tank, 3 dps, and a healer to each tower. We immediately charge to the top - the tank pulls all the adds up with him. We hammer the boss and 1 dps and the healer immediately jump down (don't run the stairs down, just jump off the tower). The remainder clear the trash. When all the trash is dead the dps jump down while the tank blows away the fliers.

The key to surviving on the ground while the tower team is away is to kill any banners as soon as they appear. That's what kills people. Past that do the best you can till the rest of the dps shows back up.

For the second tower we wait until we kill the shaman that comes right after the demolisher dies. We follow the same pattern - sprint to the top, hammer the boss. The tank gets an extra healing cooldown to handle the spike damage right as he engages. Healer and one dps bail as soon as the boss dies and when we get down to the last archer another dps bails to go get in the gun on the first tower. We drop the drakes on the ground, shoot Galakaras, and burn to victory.

Edit:

I'm unclear if any of our dps make any effort to avoid the fire arrows - it's just not that much damage and our healers don't seem to care. The extra dps on the adds counts for a lot more than dodging the fire pools. You do have to dodge all of the boss specials, though.
    Last edited by braeldiil; 2013-10-22 at 12:48 PM.

Sounds more like a player problem than a boss problem. Replace/sit out those two and you're probably golden.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

^ replace/sit..if standing in stuff is the issue then it doesn't matter what they're assigned to. just replace people for first kills, then as you begin to get more gear and put it on farm you can bring in the less skilled players to learn it.

we had a lot of issues with this boss at first. We ended up sending 2 dps (fire mage 543, Destro lock540) our disc healer and me up into the towers. It worked out the best so that the ground team wouldnt fall behind and we had enough DPS to kill the mini bosses and adds fast enough to get back down. As far as people standing in fire on the ground call them out about it. If you cant fix the derp now wait till later fights where there is a lot of bad on the ground.

Have them all download the addons GTFO

It will play a sound like an annoying alarm clock if they are standing in the fire and they will have to move out of it to shut it off.

I didn't read everyone's advice, but figured I'd drop my own 2 cents here as well. We struggled on this boss for two weeks. And then once we got it, it's easy mode.

We 3-healed the fight (for some reason it was easier, though it never seemed to be a healing issue till the end). We would send a tank, healer and 3 DPS up tower 1. Once the mini-boss and Grunt were dead I'd send the healer back down. Once the adds were pretty much done up top, I'd send everyone else down, shoot the drakes with the gun, then drop the rope and go down too.

By the time I'd land, the 2nd ground mini-boss would be mostly dead. We'd all stay for the next wave of adds, kill the demo and wait ONE MORE set of adds, then take the same tower group up #2. Follow same procedure (healer down after mini and Grunt die, etc.). When adds up top were almost dead I'd call one of the ground DPS to take the rope up tower 1. We'd shoot same time, bring the boss down.

Other than that, stack the ranged/healers to a marker. Make sure people with the fireball run behind them, and if your stacks get around 5 or higher, step out of the group till they drop off. Lust once Galakras comes down.

Long-winded, and probably what people do already. The big thing that helped us was the 2 DPS we always left as part of the ground group could both stun, so we never got reset due to Fracture killing an NPC. Good luck!!

Our Comp: Tower Group --> BrM Monk, Resto Shaman, Shadow Priest, Mage, Hunter Ground Group --> Prot Paladin, Resto Druid, Disc Priest, Frost DK, Warlock (this is the guy who would go up for the 2nd gun to bring the boss down).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoja View Post
    Have them all download the addons GTFO

It will play a sound like an annoying alarm clock if they are standing in the fire and they will have to move out of it to shut it off.
    The fire is avoidable? Always seemed like you got 1 tick and it disapeared before another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged dps can kindof cheese the smash on the towers by hiding in the stairwell a bit. Though they should just be dodging it. The best way is just to have them be close to the boss and get out of the "dust" area, thats where the smash is going to be. If they're messing up on this mechanic, they probably just need more practice.