Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    i wouldn't want LFR removed, but blizzard should start cracking down more on bad behaviour, one of the bigger problems with WoW currently is really that people can get away with anything, back in classic/tbc if you was an ass to people, people stopped grouping with you, your name got known around the server, so you had to be nicer to people, now with it all b eing cross servers and you're playing with people you never meet again people are just douches to each other, blizzard needs to find some way of stopping this.
    Too cool for a signature

  2. #62
    @Those who cry to remove lfr: let's make it oposite: maybe we should remove hc raids instead?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by thezeldadoth View Post
    flex was a much better design idea than LFR. I think the game would benefit from removing LFR and improving on flex.

    flex can never replace LFR though until it has an automated queueing system, which then would basically make it lfr...

    LFR isn't going anywhere, i just hope they add in a feature like Oqueue but built into the game, for finding flex groups, being on a low pop server finding a flex pug is impossible
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #64
    improve upon the new server merging tech, and remove CRZ. replacing quick fixes that didn't really work with more long term and better thought out fixes like server connecting.

    i think the biggest problem with MoP was actually in the amount of ilvl's. with n dungeons, h dungeons, upgraded heroic gear, multiple lfr tiers, multiple normal tiers, heroic tiers, upgraded raid gear, crafted gear, warforged drops, legendary. way too many. something like quests<normals<h dungeons<flex/crafted<normal/valor<heroic<legendary

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    @Those who cry to remove lfr: let's make it oposite: maybe we should remove hc raids instead?

    well, i think less people do HC raids than do LFR
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    @Those who cry to remove lfr: let's make it oposite: maybe we should remove hc raids instead?
    Provide reasoning. HC raids certainly don't create bad players who want everything handed to them.

  7. #67
    flex can never replace LFR though until it has an automated queueing system
    thats not even an issue. raids don't even need queue systems. The horribly long queues in 5.4 seem to suggest most people are using flex instead, which is true for my guild as well. With timeless isle + flex, it was refreshing to avoid LFR all together and felt like a more natural way to gear up. being out in the world for some, and playing in a put together raid for the other, and then moving onto normal.

  8. #68
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    I agree with all expect number 1. I like LFR for gearing up my alts chars . When I m not rage quit because of people in LFR.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by iphigenia View Post
    (4) Redesign the whole crafting system and how it affects the world
    I always hated playing in groups. But the BOP design forces me into one. I bet there are plenty of people who feel the same way, and wish that they could have means to trade with raiders or contribute to the community while enjoying the comfort of being an outsider. This way you can also tailor raiding to be actually fun for people who want to raid without having to water it down for players like me who do it just for the items. Generally, the game should offer a bit more diverse set of experiences (It's a MMORPG FFS) than the raid-or-die mentality it's designed with right now.
    Do you know what MMORPG stands for? Massively MULTIPLAYER....the entire point of this game is to do things with MULTIPLE PLAYERS. This is not a Solo game....

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    @Those who cry to remove lfr: let's make it oposite: maybe we should remove hc raids instead?
    Lets remove it for the sake of it. You sound quite offended dear, but I would have a discussion about the pros of HC raiding and the cons of LFR, but you can't even backup your own statement.

    “First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.”
    Mage | Monk | Druid | Warlock

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by iphigenia View Post
    I always hated playing in groups.
    So you decided to pay a sub fee for a group oriented game.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  12. #72
    People, l2sarcasm. I'm not offended, I'm just disappointed with the amount of selfishness in this thread. I'm raiding normals & heroic Soo and I'm not doing lfr. Still I understand that there are people who want raid only that and they enjoy it. Why should we forbid them? Their way of playing does not collide with mine.

    *shrug* I don't do bgs. Maybe we should remove them as well? >_>

    Lfr create "bad" players. So what? Do you have to play with them? Do they hinder your progress?

    The only think you'd achieve by removing lfr/lfd would be subs drop.

  13. #73
    I agree. Remove LFR and Heroic Raids.

    Flex can take the role of regular easier raids. Guilds will progress through normal raids, then like Ulduar have the options to change bosses to a higher difficulty or better rewards. Something like on Thok releasing animals that aid him in battle like Sky Screamers and Direhorns. This would result in more jailers, and Thok gaining a buff.

    No need for literally 4 modes.

    Garrosh? Let him gain full power in the first transition phase to activate hard mode. Do it in the second to get slightly better loot but not activate the last phase.

    Just an idea :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    People, l2sarcasm. I'm not offended, I'm just disappointed with the amount of selfishness in this thread. I'm raiding normals & heroic Soo and I'm not doing lfr. Still I understand that there are people who want raid only that and they enjoy it. Why should we forbid them? Their way of playing does not collide with mine.

    *shrug* I don't do bgs. Maybe we should remove them as well? >_>

    Lfr create "bad" players. So what? Do you have to play with them? Do they hinder your progress?

    The only think you'd achieve by removing lfr/lfd would be subs drop.
    Because contrary to popular elief it has damaged the game as a whole.

    Firstly, more tuning needed an more QQ. Then it contributes to ilvl bloat. Taking shit players and giving then the ilvl to get past player made and game made walls is not good, and fiving bad players raid gear is a horrible idea. It is a toxic environment for new players, and has changed the way you play alts. Back in Cata if I had an alt I wanted to play on maybe I could find a BWD pug. Now? Go do LFR nobody is taking you to MSV or HoF/ToES.


    Getting rid of the people who don't belong in an MMO is not a bad thing and would be healthy for the longevity of the game, even if there is an initial sub drop. If they had followed the Cata gearing system and ICC raid system the game would be in a better place. But they tried to make good content, sitters cried, they horribly screwed up Cataclysm struggling to get the shitters back and in the end put in a horribly toxic environment than encourages sucking.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by thezeldadoth View Post
    thats not even an issue. raids don't even need queue systems. The horribly long queues in 5.4 seem to suggest most people are using flex instead, which is true for my guild as well. With timeless isle + flex, it was refreshing to avoid LFR all together and felt like a more natural way to gear up. being out in the world for some, and playing in a put together raid for the other, and then moving onto normal.
    Flex isn't making that big of an impact on LFR timers. The toxic community, bashing on tanks, not willing to let people learn a fight before they get nasty and kick happy is driving tanks to dps rolls or making it so tanks don't want to queue. I leveled 3 tanks to 90, I quit tanking because as much as I was willing to help other tanks learn the fights, the rest of the group is generally assholes. So now I sit back and heal so I don't have to deal with that shit from people.

    LFR is here to stay. It was a good addition to the game that again, the community destroyed, much like LFG. I would like to see normal modes go away and see flex increased in difficulty to fill that spot. Also Heroic should be 25 only.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Flex isn't making that big of an impact on LFR timers. The toxic community, bashing on tanks, not willing to let people learn a fight before they get nasty and kick happy is driving tanks to dps rolls or making it so tanks don't want to queue. I leveled 3 tanks to 90, I quit tanking because as much as I was willing to help other tanks learn the fights, the rest of the group is generally assholes. So now I sit back and heal so I don't have to deal with that shit from people.

    LFR is here to stay. It was a good addition to the game that again, the community destroyed, much like LFG. I would like to see normal modes go away and see flex increased in difficulty to fill that spot. Also Heroic should be 25 only.
    When I ask if anybody needs an explanation, nobody speaks, and then they start failing in not gonna let that pass. You come to group content ready to contribute, not be a burden. The community ruined it because blizzard didn't listen to the concerns. In a 25man setting with stacking Retardation, suddenly you have people in 535ilvl who can't dps for shit winning epic gear they don't use.

    Blizzard has included
    •dungeon journal for encounter explanations
    •brief explanation of dps priority
    •character audit on the Armory (passing should be needed for LFR)

    Yet players still complain they are new and that expectations are elitist and that it is okay to pull 50k because they only have a 476 weapon and they weren't auto attacking they were in Afghanistan with lag and a flaming cat.

    The implementation was crap an allowed this shit to happen. Expecting people to not be terrible is not "toxic" but throwing buzzwords around isn't helping.

  16. #76
    Banned The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,026
    [QUOTE=Giscoicus;23003766]Curse yes blessing no. They have pushed it into part of the gearing path, pushed normal mode raiders towards it, contribute massively to item level bloat, literally let you afk to tier and trinkets, and compared to flex offers only an advantage to those who are bad at the game.
    /QUOTE]

    stopped reading right there.

    "Normal mode raiders" is an oxymoron, it sounds like you're just a casual with a raiding guild to inept for Heroics.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    When I ask if anybody needs an explanation, nobody speaks, and then they start failing in not gonna let that pass. You come to group content ready to contribute, not be a burden. The community ruined it because blizzard didn't listen to the concerns. In a 25man setting with stacking Retardation, suddenly you have people in 535ilvl who can't dps for shit winning epic gear they don't use.

    Blizzard has included
    •dungeon journal for encounter explanations
    •brief explanation of dps priority
    •character audit on the Armory (passing should be needed for LFR)

    Yet players still complain they are new and that expectations are elitist and that it is okay to pull 50k because they only have a 476 weapon and they weren't auto attacking they were in Afghanistan with lag and a flaming cat.

    The implementation was crap an allowed this shit to happen. Expecting people to not be terrible is not "toxic" but throwing buzzwords around isn't helping.

    Sounds like the simple solution for you is to just ignore LFR, you are not forced into it. If you are so good, you should do your Heroics and leave the people in LFR to their own thing.

    LFR was a great addition. If people like you would stay out of it, then maybe the experience for people in LFR would improve.

  18. #78
    Anyone who starts out LFR bashing by claiming "it is a required gearing process/step" loses all credibility immediately. The first raids are able to be done in blues, all subsequent raids afterward are capable of being done in normal gear from the previous tier.

    The point is invalid. You are not required to run LFR. Don't run LFR. I don't like LFR, so I don't run it. My brother on the other hand would not raid without it.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

  19. #79
    LFR did not destroy server communities, LFD did that.

    If LFD was never introduced then CRZ would not have been necessary.

    Remove both imo.

  20. #80
    I would change LFG to where you could only use it 5 times a day per character pre heroics *heroics would stay as is*. After those 5 times if you want to keep running dungeons then you would have to get a group and you know .... actually leave the capital city GASP....

    I would remove LFR because I swear people have gotten even dumber since it came out. NO ONE listens in it at all. Fighting Nazgrim and you say DO NOT attack when he is in defense mode? Guess what 50% of the DPS does and continues to do even after the 6th wipe ;P. I'm sorry but raiding should have stayed the way it was where you went raiding on a scheduled time with your guild buddies and actually tried. I've seen so many guilds fall apart since LFR release that it makes me sick.

    And here is the thing I would add and I've been saying this since early vanilla. Every time you get a new spell in order to train it you have to do a quest that teaches you exactly what that spell is for and what it does. And in that quest you have to prove that you can use it along with your existing spells effectively. Because people apparently cannot read tooltips. I once had another Shaman argue with me that Flameshock was a waste of time. He came to me and asked me to help him figure out why his DPS was so low and he wasn't using Flameshock at all. He ended up telling me I was an idiot and that he would just find another Shaman to help him. Perfect example of why this mechanic should be added lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •