15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    1) LFR needs to be removed all together
    2) Talent trees need to be trees
    3) Two raid difficulty levels balanced properly
    4) Classes need to feel distinct
    5) Eliminate all the useless currency types introduced in mists
    1.) no
    2.) trees cause cookie-cutter builds and that is one of the prime reasons it was removed. After 8yrs it proved to be a flawed MMORPG design, especially for a game with a community so nerdy they came up with theorycrafting.
    3.) The only thing I will agree on is that 10man needs to be buffed; its far too easy and way to attractive now-a-days (look at how 25man's are an endangered species now). But flex is good.... it needs to stay.
    4.) double-edged sword here, and WoW has a whole shit storm full of them. Become too distinct (vanilla days) and you become too specialized for the encounter/content to the point you're either desired or shunned(I am sure every holy paladin who's guild did sunwell will agree). Become too generalized and you fix that issue but then lose the specialized needs important for an encounter.
    6.) no. it reduces the stress of needing 10,000 of one currency for all upgrades when you could only need 2,500 badges, 4000 coins, and 1200 of another. Before you say "whats the difference?" understand that the rate you get each currency is different than just a single one. So you could get 2-3 upgrades in one day with multiple coins rather than spend 3 days with just one.

[QUOTE=The Fiend;23011438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Curse yes blessing no. They have pushed it into part of the gearing path, pushed normal mode raiders towards it, contribute massively to item level bloat, literally let you afk to tier and trinkets, and compared to flex offers only an advantage to those who are bad at the game.
    /QUOTE]

stopped reading right there.

"Normal mode raiders" is an oxymoron, it sounds like you're just a casual with a raiding guild to inept for Heroics.
    Normal mode=can do something
    Heroic=perfecting their play
    LFR=incompetent.

And heroic ToT trinkets are still worse than LFR trinkets. Blizzard made sure of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    CRZ because it is not optional
    Dying at 0 hp is also not optional so it should be removed?

CRZ is a great feature.

I'd remove flying mounts, but I'm glad enough they aren't allowed at max level. As Ghostcrawler said, player always take the path of least resistance even if they have less fun in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    I would change LFG to where you could only use it 5 times a day per character pre heroics *heroics would stay as is*. After those 5 times if you want to keep running dungeons then you would have to get a group and you know .... actually leave the capital city GASP....

I would remove LFR because I swear people have gotten even dumber since it came out. NO ONE listens in it at all. Fighting Nazgrim and you say DO NOT attack when he is in defense mode? Guess what 50% of the DPS does and continues to do even after the 6th wipe ;P. I'm sorry but raiding should have stayed the way it was where you went raiding on a scheduled time with your guild buddies and actually tried. I've seen so many guilds fall apart since LFR release that it makes me sick.

And here is the thing I would add and I've been saying this since early vanilla. Every time you get a new spell in order to train it you have to do a quest that teaches you exactly what that spell is for and what it does. And in that quest you have to prove that you can use it along with your existing spells effectively. Because people apparently cannot read tooltips. I once had another Shaman argue with me that Flameshock was a waste of time. He came to me and asked me to help him figure out why his DPS was so low and he wasn't using Flameshock at all. He ended up telling me I was an idiot and that he would just find another Shaman to help him. Perfect example of why this mechanic should be added lol.
    I like you quest idea.. It makes me sad when I see a warlock use drain life in his rotation. Or an unholy DK use icy touch to refresh DoT

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    I would change LFG to where you could only use it 5 times a day per character pre heroics *heroics would stay as is*. After those 5 times if you want to keep running dungeons then you would have to get a group and you know .... actually leave the capital city GASP....
    I think people would just plain out stop running them after their 5th time if that was the case and get valor some other way. Would make 5 man queue time extremely longer if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I think people would just plain out stop running them after their 5th time if that was the case and get valor some other way. Would make 5 man queue time extremely longer if anything.
    Seems like you're thinking strictly max level. I'm talking mainly about 1-90. And here is why. People are all leveling through LFG now and it is breeding horrible players. I have played since the dawn of the world... of warcraft. And since the day that LFG was put in I have seen a mind blowing increase of people who cannot play their class and players who are just purely bad. Because they level through LFG spamming the same shit thinking that they're doing awesome. They're the WoW equivalent of the Mortal Kombat player who just mashes the punch button lol. Also if you actually decide to level through quests then you will find the world to be a barren wasteland and it is really really sad. I truly miss the days of running around questing and meeting new people at the same time. That is how I made all my WoW friends that I have today and to see the game world go from bursting with activity to an absolute wasteland really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticChipmunk View Post
    Anyone who starts out LFR bashing by claiming "it is a required gearing process/step" loses all credibility immediately. The first raids are able to be done in blues, all subsequent raids afterward are capable of being done in normal gear from the previous tier.

The point is invalid. You are not required to run LFR. Don't run LFR. I don't like LFR, so I don't run it. My brother on the other hand would not raid without it.
    But sinc the implementation of LFR good luck finding a MSV pug for an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Funny because I remembered hybrid specs working well every now and then when the tree existed. Post cata pretty much killed it cata pretty much killed it with that dumb specialization. Complain about the "illusion of choice" but it was far better than no choice...because it still had choice. Blizz literally cut the gameplay style for select classes and they could have fixed it instead of getting rid of the system.
    People tend to forget that any time a hybrid spec popped up as a competitive option, it was axed within a content patch if not a mid tier hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    People tend to forget that any time a hybrid spec popped up as a competitive option, it was axed within a content patch if not a mid tier hotfix.
    I'd love to see Hybrid specs be more useful. If a boomkin speced so he could add some heals he would never actually heal with them. It would be great to see boomkins and ret paladins switch to healing for some amount, and enhancemen shamans capable of tanking adds

Not removed, but reworked: LFR.

Make it so normal mode raiders don't need to do it, possibly by lowering the ilvl on awarded drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    Not removed, but reworked: LFR.

Make it so normal mode raiders don't need to do it, possibly by lowering the ilvl on awarded drops.
    •shared loot lockout with Flex
    •punishment for bad players (45k dps=auto kick)
    •VtK changed so no scrub/dbag protection
    •remove trinkets an tier (then no shared lockout)

Without afkers and terrible players a lot of fights would never happen. Oh, and don't nerf the moment it requires thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    •shared loot lockout with Flex
    •punishment for bad players (45k dps=auto kick)
    •VtK changed so no scrub/dbag protection
    •remove trinkets an tier (then no shared lockout)

Without afkers and terrible players a lot of fights would never happen. Oh, and don't nerf the moment it requires thinking.
    Trinkets and tier drops are fine, but vote kick protection needs to be addressed as it's being abused badly right now and a shared loot lock with flex isn't a bad idea either. The shared lock with flex would be fine given they want to allow guildmates to trade flex drops which would make flex more than enough to cover alt toon gear up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lfr, flex, normal modes can all go. Talent trees reverted back to the way they were in vanilla, tbc, and wrath. Dungeons reverted back to the early Tbc model.

15man raiding, drop 10s and 25m.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Lfr, flex, normal modes can all go. Talent trees reverted back to the way they were in vanilla, tbc, and wrath. Dungeons reverted back to the early Tbc model.

They started that in Cataclysm and the game started to fall to pieces in record time.

Glad you're not a dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post

i'd agree with 15man raiding, seems like a good option, 15man and flex, do away with 10man and 25mans.

but don't dare change the talent trees back to that abomination we had from vanilla-wotlk.

and for dungeons, if you wan't hard dungeons there is challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So you decided to pay a sub fee for a group oriented game.
    I'm guessing WoW is the only MMORPG you've played?

Nothing wrong with enjoying the combat aspect of the previous iterations of WoW (which were wonderful), leveling, crafting, doing things solo. I just wish there was more focus on it. MMORPG is not a synonym of raiding. For some of us the draw is just to play in a living world full of other players and to read their stories and to form one's own. :P

I wish guys like me could contribute to the game and it's community in our own way. Maybe aid the raiders in farming materials, crafting or other stuff to trade for items. But there's no real convenient way of doing it. It's just raid or die.
    Last edited by iphigenia; 2013-10-22 at 05:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    They started that in Cataclysm and the game started to fall to pieces in record time.

Glad you're not a dev.
    If I was a dev, non of it would have changed in the first place and we wouldn't have all these wrath babies that came into the game with the mindset of face rolling they got from easy heroics and gifted epics, we wouldn't have to have this conversation at all.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

1. Talent tree's need to be made so you can make a misstake, that you actually have to know your class or make a misstake and loose class-capability.

2. Introduce different ilvl on 10 and 25 man again, make it so there is a difference and the reward is larger for 25 man.

3. Remove heroic, make content in raids not about the lore but about the competition and gear.

These are my personal ones i would love, that i know will NEVER happen in this game. Wildstar here we come :P

Is this a Wotlk fanboy thread?

I think they should remove normal and HC. And make LFR and Flex the only two difficulties.

There's plenty of games that would be better for all of the "Hardcore's" and I think a lot of casual players would be more inclined to come back to the game if they weren't constantly getting crapped on for not spending every waking moment practicing the fights on the ptr before the patch goes live.