Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I would get rid of LFD, LFR can stay.
    Reason is I really miss the server community. People would know eachother even if they weren't on the friend lists or guilds.
    Assembling a raid however, is something that can be fatal to the casual.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iphigenia View Post
    I'm guessing WoW is the only MMORPG you've played?

Nothing wrong with enjoying the combat aspect of the previous iterations of WoW (which were wonderful), leveling, crafting, doing things solo. I just wish there was more focus on it. MMORPG is not a synonym of raiding. For some of us the draw is just to play in a living world full of other players and to read their stories and to form one's own. :P

I wish guys like me could contribute to the game and it's community in our own way. Maybe aid the raiders in farming materials, crafting or other stuff to trade for items. But there's no real convenient way of doing it. It's just raid or die.
    ...you're probably looking at the wrong game then. A lot of people like WoW because of the way it is, I'd check out some other more sandbox MMOs if that's what you're into

One day, I'll walk into a discussion topic like this doesn't devolve into people saying LFR is a cancer to the game, and we can discuss features that are truly determinedly to the game and why they should be removed.

Saddly, today is not that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like for different ways to grind rep and valor capping at 1k is kinda meh those are the only things I would like to see reworked.

lets be logical people
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    One day, I'll walk into a discussion topic like this doesn't devolve into people saying LFR is a cancer to the game, and we can discuss features that are truly determinedly to the game and why they should be removed.

Saddly, today is not that day.
    LFR is the cancer of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I think they should remove normal and HC. And make LFR and Flex the only two difficulties.

There's plenty of games that would be better for all of the "Hardcore's" and I think a lot of casual players would be more inclined to come back to the game if they weren't constantly getting crapped on for not spending every waking moment practicing the fights on the ptr before the patch goes live.
    PTR raid boss tests last like 2hours per boss 2bosses a day 2-3 days a week, soo.... yea they don't spend all day on them.
    And no, people do leave right after they kill the last boss of a raid patch and then come back for the next or after not playing for so long don't feel like coming back for 1week to kill a boss and quit again. I highly doubt many would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    ...you're probably looking at the wrong game then. A lot of people like WoW because of the way it is, I'd check out some other more sandbox MMOs if that's what you're into
    The sad part is that there isn't one. The best option out there is the private realms of previous expansions, which I've been playing for on for a long time, but they have their problems with bugs, DDOS, general lag and so on.

Restructure the raid/dungeon/scenario size/difficulty structure. There's just too much stuff. Here's the current list:

Dungeon
    Heroic Dungeon
    Challenge Dungeon
    LFR
    Flex
    Normal-10
    Normal-25
    Heroic-10
    Heroic-25
    Scenario
    Heroic Scenario

Cut it down to:

Dungeon (scale people down to match level/rewards up, and open up all dungeons for LFD for levelling)
    Heroic dungeon (max level + challenge mode)
    Easy Raid (flex)
    Normal Raid (flex)
    Heroic 10 or 25 (don't care which)
    Scenario

As it stands, it spreads the playerbase out.

According to that dev round table, Flex raids have been a great success, and LFR is not very popular with the community- LFR's basically a poor man's flex. Just cut it out; it's not necessary.
    Heroic Scenarios aren't really necessary; just add them as bonus objectives/challenges in regular scenarios. You can still queue for them with your friends to make sure you get all the bonus objectives.
    One of the main strengths of WoW is that it has an incredible wealth of content in its history to tap. Part of the problem with the endgame grind is variety. Opening up every other dungeon in the game as a possible roll in LFD will help to increase variety by quite a bit, and mixing the levelling players and the max-level players will increase the pool of players on both ends; always a good thing. Merge Challenge and Heroic modes together to create that tough content that actually gives you meaty rewards.

Soften the trinity; There are a couple ways you can do it, and there's no reason not to do both.
    1. More specs for each class, and therefore more classes filling each role.
    I don't necessarily mean specs as in specs specs. I think the whole idea of "go down a tree with one goal that's it you're always gonna do that" is a bit silly, but that may just be me. But, open up the possibility for classes to fill more than the roles they currently have.
    2. Make tanks/healers unnecessary in dungeons.
    One of the draws of scenarios is that you don't need a tank/healer to do them. You get into them instantly, you chew through them, all done. You can chain them, which is currently only a possibility for tanks or healers depending on the time. Dungeons aren't really prized as difficult content, so I don't think it'd be really too painful to do. Let tanks and healers speed up the runs, but don't make them necessary.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove faction grind. I'm done with it. Make longer quest-lines. I should be punished for Blizzards laziness by saving the same damn outpost every other day.

Remove the forums. Yes...

Changed Legendary quest-lines to not force multiple grinds of the same raid(s). My tank took over a month to get the damn tokens I needed for the first quest alone.

Alternate PvE advancement. Bring back WoTLK's 5-mans and two Valor tier pieces. Introduce something besides raiding to the game, to avoid EQ's fate when WoW first released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I want LFR removed and replaced by boring old dungeons. I want to spend a hardcore weekend to get my alt in bis preraid gear at my own pace, instead of having to deal with enormous queues and weekly lockouts.

I want real dungeons, not cheap crap like scenarios. If they want 3man dungeons that don't require a tank, sure. No more "heroic" scenario crap either. Just spend some of those dollars and bring us well rounded dungeons that made this game so great in the first place.

So, alt gearing I want way simplified and much less time consuming. As for raids, I would like as I said LFR to be deleted, but flex be deleted too and instead make normals have the technologies of flex. I'd like to raid one difficulty per week, maybe two during progression. Not 4.

So basically what I want is plain old dungeons and the least possible amount of raid difficulties. Ideally I would like a single difficulty with twists like Ulduar.

It would never happen but whatever. Blizzard has managed to hook even casuals and alts to a weekly lockout. They are very $atisfied with that and they obviously won't be changing it anytime soon.

Deleted
    I want XP in Battlegrounds at level cap (60/70/80/85)to go away.

I want achievement points to have a purpose, unlocking vanity/transmog items etc. Think this might help to revive old content.

And I would like the new RNG loot system to go die in a fire.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shields to not completely negate mechanics and negate the need to heal on most fights. I'd rather they absorb X amount of incoming damage up to the value, not 100%
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Seems like you're thinking strictly max level. I'm talking mainly about 1-90. And here is why. People are all leveling through LFG now and it is breeding horrible players. I have played since the dawn of the world... of warcraft. And since the day that LFG was put in I have seen a mind blowing increase of people who cannot play their class and players who are just purely bad. Because they level through LFG spamming the same shit thinking that they're doing awesome. They're the WoW equivalent of the Mortal Kombat player who just mashes the punch button lol. Also if you actually decide to level through quests then you will find the world to be a barren wasteland and it is really really sad. I truly miss the days of running around questing and meeting new people at the same time. That is how I made all my WoW friends that I have today and to see the game world go from bursting with activity to an absolute wasteland really sucks.
    Except before LFD, you stood in your faction city and would spam for 2hrs LF3M Scarlet Monastery/Maraudon/Uldaman then you'd give up and either go outlevel it or get bored high level friend to carry you through. I liked dungeons on my characters so I could learn to tank etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Restructure the raid/dungeon/scenario size/difficulty structure. There's just too much stuff. Here's the current list:

Dungeon
    Heroic Dungeon
    Challenge Dungeon
    LFR
    Flex
    Normal-10
    Normal-25
    Heroic-10
    Heroic-25
    Scenario
    Heroic Scenario

Cut it down to:

Dungeon (scale people down to match level/rewards up, and open up all dungeons for LFD for levelling)
    Heroic dungeon (max level + challenge mode)
    Easy Raid (flex)
    Normal Raid (flex)
    Heroic 10 or 25 (don't care which)
    Scenario

As it stands, it spreads the playerbase out.

According to that dev round table, Flex raids have been a great success, and LFR is not very popular with the community- LFR's basically a poor man's flex. Just cut it out; it's not necessary.
    Heroic Scenarios aren't really necessary; just add them as bonus objectives/challenges in regular scenarios. You can still queue for them with your friends to make sure you get all the bonus objectives.
    One of the main strengths of WoW is that it has an incredible wealth of content in its history to tap. Part of the problem with the endgame grind is variety. Opening up every other dungeon in the game as a possible roll in LFD will help to increase variety by quite a bit, and mixing the levelling players and the max-level players will increase the pool of players on both ends; always a good thing. Merge Challenge and Heroic modes together to create that tough content that actually gives you meaty rewards.

Soften the trinity; There are a couple ways you can do it, and there's no reason not to do both.
    1. More specs for each class, and therefore more classes filling each role.
    I don't necessarily mean specs as in specs specs. I think the whole idea of "go down a tree with one goal that's it you're always gonna do that" is a bit silly, but that may just be me. But, open up the possibility for classes to fill more than the roles they currently have.
    2. Make tanks/healers unnecessary in dungeons.
    One of the draws of scenarios is that you don't need a tank/healer to do them. You get into them instantly, you chew through them, all done. You can chain them, which is currently only a possibility for tanks or healers depending on the time. Dungeons aren't really prized as difficult content, so I don't think it'd be really too painful to do. Let tanks and healers speed up the runs, but don't make them necessary.
    I am not sure the trinity bit is doable but I agree with the rest of your post whole heartedly.

I want to be able to suck the dicks of all the guys I play with because im a wow faggot

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Literally the only pro to LFR over Flex is that LFR has determination stacks and removed major mechanics.

Flex takes less time, is readily available and can be done cross realm. The only time you would do flex is if you cannot make the cut. Part of the player made ilvl restrictions is BECAUSE of the fact that blizzard has let everybody get a 608 cloak and easy 522/528 gear along with 535.

So really LFR is made for bad players. Flex is made for those who are casual.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. With the tier pieces from celestial a and 543 timeless gear. That is another problem, but I'm talking about LFR. I'm discounting Ordos gear because you have to at least zone into Siege so you can afk to the cloak.

But no, in 5.2 ToT LFR was pretty much THE gear progression. Maybe you could find a pug for an older raid but LFR has hurt past content pugs for current xpac content.
    The benefit of LFR is that you can do it whenever you want, however you want, by hitting a button, and saying little or nothing to anyone else. That's why it's a rousing success, and without it, a giant segment of the playerbase will be left without an endgame.

Do you think most people pugging Flex are LFR players? :x It's Other Flex players, and above. LFR players aren't moving up to it.

But hey, considering you use the term "bads", I can't imagine you care for explanations or anything close to the nature of logic or reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Narrow eyesight? You just said that pugging a couple people for a Flex=40+ minutes in queue followed by wiping for stacks of determination. And I'll be damned if a tank drops group part way.

The time in queue might be = time pugging, but then again unlike wrath 10mans, group comp and size for Flex is a bi more...flexible? Lol.

Seriously. LFR offers no advantages that Flex doesn't.

Flex:
    -no schedule
    -easier
    -no loot QQ
    -wings
    -repeatable
    -group leader
    -xrealm

LFR:
    -xrealm
    -no schedule
    -easier
    -no loot QQ
    -repeatable
    -wings
    •deal with VtK timers
    •allows people to AFK
    •buffs for failure

LFR is poorly implemented while Flex is wonderfully done.

- - - Updated - - -

GL raiding with a hybrid spec unless you group wanted you to, and if so you still can (atonement spec w/ Solace and extra PW:S on penance cast) or healing boomkin
    If Flex is so much better, how come LFR is still much, much, much more popular? Let me guess! Because all the players are so bad, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I would get rid of LFD, LFR can stay.
    Reason is I really miss the server community. People would know eachother even if they weren't on the friend lists or guilds

Ugh hells no. I'm forced to do this for heroic scenarios, and I find that its the exact same experience when we zone in: We build no "community" and we don't talk save "right lets go" at the start, and a "thanks guys" at the end.

I didn't enjoy trade spamming during wrath and I don't enjoy it now.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Ugh hells no. I'm forced to do this for heroic scenarios, and I find that its the exact same experience when we zone in: We build no "community" and we don't talk save "right lets go" at the start, and a "thanks guys" at the end.

I didn't enjoy trade spamming during wrath and I don't enjoy it now.
    People have built up this mythical idea of a community that never has really existed in the way in which they say it existed. (When all it's existence really meant was that you might of formed a small clique of people to talk with outside your guild, to run stuff, which is nice, yes (AND YOU CAN STILL DO THAT), but the reality was that very few people were seeing content, very few actual players were or have ever been "engaged" in the "community". Even back with the dungeons. LFD, LFR, they got made for very good reasons, and it wasn't just to "Help bad players" or "Be convenient" or whatever spiel is bantered about.)

I think in some ways, people find the IDEA of community enjoyable, and ignore the REALITY of it, and really, you just can't force this kind of stuff on people. They'll just quit and go play other things.

For the last time: LFR does not breed bad gamers. The people you call 'bad' or 'inadequate' players, or if you're a really arrogant narcissists: peasants or even 'tards' always existed. It's just that LFR gives them something to do now. Having something to do keeps them busy; keeping them busy earns Blizzard money. Money that can be put into better raids as opposed to every content patch having a ToC-like raid.

You're literally biting the hand that feeds you just because you can't fathom the concept of anyone but you having the ability to enjoy what you think is your game. The epitome of selfishness.

Deleted
    LFR is the worst feature ever and is only holding up the other difficulties from improving. Even Flex deserves more love than that lootfest for trolls. It should be removed.

Classes should indeed feel more distinct.
    Class quests should be added more frequently, while rewarding something exclusively for your class. It should be challenging in terms of having to know the class if you want to succeed.

HC dungeons should be HC once again, something halfway MoP-Cata in terms of difficulty.