The Future of World of Warcraft

As the title states, I think a speculation thread would be a fun way to pass the time between now and blizzcons "What's Next".

Educated speculation would probably be the most productive to conversation, nothing too farfetched.

I'll start:

If the Burning Legion are in fact the focus of the next Expansion as speculated, wouldn't it be cool if the next stage of raiding would be the possibility of mixed alliance and horde raid groups? Banding together to fight a common enemy has always been hinted at, lets make it an actuality!

Isn't there like 500 threads with this already in it?

If the Burning legion is in fact the next expansion i want Kil'jaeden as the final boss as HE IS the current leader of the Burning legion remembering that Sargaras is somewhere off in the twisting nether. Id rather have an expansion dedicated to the legion and one for the titans and the final battle against Sargaras if he is indeed the final boss of the game.
    Would love if its the Dark below first leading to Azshara being a final boss who opens a portal as she dies to bring forth the next legion expansion but maybe i can hope.

I think if theirs any chance at a warcraft 4 or wow 2 then need to end with the legion and finding out that Sargaras is still alive. That could help build new lore and characters through a new warcraft game leading to wow 2 and the final push to defeat Sargaras.

10+ Year Old Account
    educated speculation based off what? im confused
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Yes. Yes there is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    educated speculation based off what? im confused
    OP just wanted to sound smart.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by MrFleshy View Post
    Banding together to fight a common enemy has always been hinted at, lets make it an actuality!
    Didn't we just do that? You know, in SoO? Obviously you're referencing actually being in the same group as someone from the opposite faction, but I fail to see how that positively influences gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Didn't we just do that? You know, in SoO? Obviously you're referencing actually being in the same group as someone from the opposite faction, but I fail to see how that positively influences gameplay.
    99% of bosses were taken down by a group of heroes which consisted of all races.
    Aye mate

I'm guessing that over the course of the next expansion the Burning Legion crushes Azeroth and it will be mostly about fighting to the bitter end. Because at this point I'd want to wrap up the existing world and the limitations that lore imposes on it and start fresh from humble beginnings with new mysteries and new story to be discovered. Players might migrate to a new planet through a portal and start building things from scratch.

Deleted
    I dont know what the future holds, but i can give you this:
    My wishlist for the future of wow
    Tbc dungeons
    Wotlk questing
    Mop raids
    Vanilla size of new continent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dont know what the future holds, but i can give you this:
    My wishlist for the future of wow
    Tbc dungeons
    Wotlk questing
    Mop raids
    Vanilla size of new continent
    Oh a Vanilla size new continent would be awesome. I've always felt that Northrend and Mop were quite small, the landmass that is.
    But then again, I like to travel a bit in the world, so I don't need to have content every 10 meters or so.
    Not all land has to be filled with content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    But then again, I like to travel a bit in the world, so I don't need to have content every 10 meters or so.
    Not all land has to be filled with content.
    Have to agree with this. They made some nice landmarks in MoP that were not content based, but it'd be nice to have some more. I like environment art and get a lot of pleasure from it. I understand it 's probably not the best investment of resources for the majority though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Have to agree with this. They made some nice landmarks in MoP that were not content based, but it'd be nice to have some more. I like environment art and get a lot of pleasure from it. I understand it 's probably not the best investment of resources for the majority though.
    Maybe you could spark it up by adding:
    1) scaling system
    2) completely random npc popping up with random daily quests?

Deleted
    Since underwater questing, pvp and moving is still annoying, imbalanced and needs a lot of work to be playable then the return of Burning Legion before Azshara expansion(fusing BL and Azshara in 1 exp would be a huge lore and potential wasting imho) makes sense.
    And about Horde-Alliance events I hope that something cool will happen in Eastern Kingdoms(Sylvanas will go forward for Stormgrade or Greymane will go for Gilneas).

Deleted
    Back when the Heroes of the Storm was not yet confirmed to be All-stars, I did have a hypothetical HoTs expansion which could still potentially happen under a different name. Basically we have Azshara puling a Ner'zhul and opening portals to other worlds. With the portals threatening to rip Azeroth apart in the same vein as Outland, we have to venture into these portal to stabilize them. Azshara's plan would have been three-fold: To uncover new worlds for her to conquer, to free the Old Gods from their prisons, and to gain favour with the Legion. This way she has multiple avenues of success. If Azeroth is destroyed she can side with the Legion, if the heroes of Azeroth manage to stabilize the portals she can side with the freed Old Gods. And if all else fails she can set up her own empire on an alien world. Turalyon, Alleria and Illidan would return, we'd get a revamped Outland, Arrakoa for the Alliance and Ogre for the Horde, and a new Demon Hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Blizzard not dropping hints be driving people crazy.