Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is it just me or DoC(Feral) became mandatory?

99% ferals now prefer DoC instead of everything else(according to worldoflogs), i think blizzard needs to do something with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oCPopTop10.png (thanks to Raffy for this)
    Last edited by mmocc6cef94c36; 2013-10-22 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    99% ferals now prefer DoC instead of everything else(according to worldoflogs), i think blizzard needs to do something with it
    What's wrong with it? Could you link your source that states 99% ferals prefer DoC?

According to http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0-0-0-0.html# the choice between the high-performance talents (HotW and DoC) is about equal depending on whether you need more damage or more utility (no doubt originating from the large amount of 10man ferals being "motivated" to take HotW instead of DoC.

If there's a talent that's unfairly distributed it would be NV. It would require a bit of love to make it more competitive as a TF-esque short cooldown (similar to Arcane power for Mages), but since we're a dot class and not a CD class, NV would need some kind bleed-oriented use instead of raw damage (like a mini-RoRo on use perhaps, increase/refresh the magnitude of all snapshots currently rolling - would be great for aoe).

If anything, I'm more surprised people don't use FoN more often considering how amazing it is but some numbers might be skewed since FoN/SotF might be swapped every other fight thus rendering a bias on whatever talent poeple prefer to log out with (opposed to having on a boss fight).
    Last edited by mmoc22f09fe318; 2013-10-22 at 09:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes i use HotW and so does the other feral in my guild, neither of us ever had the Rune of Reorginatino trinket drop tho, if i would have gotten the trinket i would hve swapped
    (and we do raid 25 man)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

it is mandotory, coz it's better, it's about 20k practitcaly better dps
    I'm suck coz I still using hotw and got beat by other doc feral, but I can't stand this talent and cba switching my guild is not aiming high coz they fucking careless lazy and I'm still top there so it's enough for me
    NV is awesome talent for Paragons if you kill scientist first and take scorpion buff..
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-10-22 at 10:21 AM.

Feral is the one spec in the game where bleed/DoT management actually makes a MASSIVE difference in your DPS (about 70% of your damage are Bleeds). DoC allows you to capitalize on min-maxing that further if you are willing to put in the extra effort to do it properly. HotW would probably come out ahead if you're just an average player and don't put in much effort outside of looking at bleed uptimes.

I wrote a quick parser for WoL, and pulled some data. WoL is very slow, so this is still a work in progress.

Here is data on first 11 fights in 10 man heroic for US/EU:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oCPopTop20.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raffy View Post
    I wrote a quick parser for WoL, and pulled some data. WoL is very slow, so this is still a work in progress.

Here is data on first 11 fights in 10 man heroic for US/EU:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oCPopTop20.png
    Still, you have to keep in mind that the decision between hotw and doc is mostly about a bit of extra dps vs. utility (especially in 10mans). WoL parses are sorted by dps ranks, thus giving a slight bias to the distribution, favoring DoC.

Would like to see the numbers saying 99%.
    Think it's fine. I love DoC, for the raw damage and for always being topped while most else is struggling to stay alive, but i do dearly miss the ability to be able to tank/heavy tranq at the same time, if things go awry.
    A lot of people find it too complicated to bother with, or simply can't get it to work. I find the talent awesome. You can decided to gain some extra damage for a more complicated rotation, or you can go with a more safe, steady one.
    Feels balanced enough to me.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

That's the question though: is DoC necessary because of the "extra dps"?

Here's Top 50, 10 man heroic, US/EU:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oCPopTop50.png

Deleted

Compared top 50 based on absolute rank is going to be very biased though (since ranks are compared with DoC parses as well, and on average more DoC parses will rank higher due to higher average dps output). If anything, you should take all of the top 50 of both specs (ie. 50 best HotW parses and 50 best DoC parses) and then compare their cut-off points (ie. absolute rank of lowest). I doubt there's a big enough sample of ferals for that though (at least not to make it statistically relevant).

can you do 25 also plz?

Would be better with the talents on the first kill, and not when they get ranked.
    Even so i don't see the problem of one talent being obviously better for dps, just as several other classes have. After all you give up on other things, and to compare with top 50 mans isn't really going to show anything for most people, since it's another league.

Deleted
    I thing he meant 25 men raid size
    But thanks nice lists.

Deleted
    Posters now prefer making threads stating something without proof 99% of the time.

That's not the question at all. It's painfully obvious that DoC does more DPS when played at the highest level so you're looking at completely the wrong thing.

The talent requires a lot more out of the player, of course it should give an increase in DPS big enough to motivate picking it over something passive.

Deleted
    Well, my bad, i was meant 99% of top ferals choosing DoC over hoTw.

Well, my bad, i was meant 99% of top ferals choosing DoC over hoTw.
    Where do you get those numbers from, because what raffy posted, it looks like you're very far off. Many thousand percent off, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Where do you get those numbers from, because what raffy posted, it looks like you're very far off. Many thousand percent off, actually.
    Not to start a 10 vs 25 argument or anything but the real top Ferals such as Tazmon, Fragnance and Feromones raid 25man. Looking at 10man is only going to go so far.