Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was the child a sergeant in some military force?
    She was in the Army and was murdered by her boyfriend, who was also in the Army. Her twin sister (alive) has an identical headstone in the plot next to this one, and she is in the Navy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We've decided that they aren't appropriate for our historic cemetery and they can't be displayed here,"
    So a bunch of land where dead people are buried has to stay the same style? Who's going to care? The dead buried there? And if anyone living has a problem with the memorial, they have some real issues. I can just imagine some prick walking in and going "I don't want to see Sponge Bob while I walk to my dead relative's grave!" It's just about as bad as someone walking past your house and not liking the color of it and demanding you change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So a bunch of land where dead people are buried has to stay the same style? Who's going to care? The dead buried there? And if anyone living has a problem with the memorial, they have some real issues. I can just imagine some prick walking in and going "I don't want to see Sponge Bob while I walk to my dead relative's grave!" It's just about as bad as someone walking past your house and not liking the color of it and demanding you change it.
    Well, in fairness it would be weird. Although I'd probably laugh a little because of how silly it would be to see Sponge Bob there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They removed the best tombstone they had on their graveyard. Morons.

Meh, it's stupid to regulate tombstones. It fits on the plot, then It fits in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well, in fairness it would be weird. Although I'd probably laugh a little because of how silly it would be to see Sponge Bob there.
    Almost like it would cut threw the weight of being surrounded by death. ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest, it's a 7 foot Spongebob in a Cemetery... that's pretty fucking weird don't you think?
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I visited the town of my mother's birth, and we went to the cemetery where a lot of my ancestors are buried, we encountered this:

That's in Caldwell, TX.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whhhhhhoooooo lives in a coffin under the ground?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm guessing there may have been complaints from the families of other dead people interred in the cemetery, who considered the gravestone to be inappropriate (cemeteries aren't exactly known for being anything but sombre places of reflection and remembrance).
    No, they were notified the very next day after it was put up that it had to be taken down.

OP I agree, I don't think its a appropriate headstone, maybe a Spongebob small pic in the corner, but a 7 foot cartoon character and 2 more smaller ones next to it? Hell No.

They are offering to pay, sensible family members will take it and do whats right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any right answer. I can see both sides of the argument. As the family, of course I would want the gravestone to remain. But as anyone else, yea I'd be pissed there's a spongebob next to Grandpa Joe's grave. Especially considering the nature of that particular cemetary. I think a compromise should be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Lets be honest, it's a 7 foot Spongebob in a Cemetery... that's pretty fucking weird don't you think?
    Sure, but it's damn funny too.
    my dad wants one that will dispense coffee cupons to people who step on the plot. ...

Edit: It's weird to even go to a mass gavesite and pray to rotting flesh under the soil.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-10-22 at 04:03 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    When I visited the town of my mother's birth, and we went to the cemetery where a lot of my ancestors are buried, we encountered this:

That's in Caldwell, TX.
    That is a fin tragedy. This cemetery is a fin joke, but hey, there's a place to bury every wanna be gangsta right..bury them all in Caldwell Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    And? It's a bunch of land filled with dead people that have rocks set above them with their names on them. Isn't that weird?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have made it very well known to my friends and family that when I die I dont want any fancy funeral or headstone, I want to be cremated as cheaply as possible and my ashes spread over the show room at "Allied carpets".
    Rich, you truly are a hero. I'm still recovering from choking on my coffee just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    And? It's a bunch of land filled with dead people that have rocks set above them with their names on them. Isn't that weird?
    It's an appeal to emotion in the end.
    I love the Idea of a 7 foot spongebob because it's still an appeal to emotion but it conflicts with the EXPECTED emotion you should have. It's great, gaudy, irreverant... Says to me this is the kind of person I would of liked to of known irl, because who the hell would use that as the lasting testament to them being alive? Had to of been a pretty fun person, a person who lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    It's an appeal to emotion in the end.
    I love the Idea of a 7 foot spongebob because it's still an appeal to emotion but it conflicts with the EXPECTED emotion you should have. It's great, gaudy, irreverant... Says to me this is the kind of person I would of liked to of known irl, because who the hell would use that as the lasting testament to them being alive? Had to of been a pretty fun person, a person who lived.
    I agree. The memorial is for the person in the ground, the friends and family of that person, not for every other person sticking their nose where it doesn't belongs. It shows what kind of person she was. If anyone has a problem, they should just keep walking.

Perfectly reasonable in my view. If i'm going to visit someones grave, a loved one of mine, I don't want that staring at me.

Deleted
    Well I don't think she'll mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Perfectly reasonable in my view. If i'm going to visit someones grave, a loved one of mine, I don't want that staring at me.
    You want to visit a corps in the ground but you don't want a statue staring at you? That sounds funny to me.