Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

a Holy priest paradox

So Pre 5.4 you almost never see a Holy priest and if you do they ain't worth a invite to nothing. A few great ones laying around that can't get a group because no one wants a Holy priest lol. Now 5.4 is out, Holy has pretty much stayed the same but a minor change and everyone is buffed like superman. Now there is Holy priests all over the place and people want to group with them... I tell ya, the world is a strange place, and by strange I mean dumb as a bag of rocks.

Deleted
    I know man, just look at these posts people make. People are retarded I agree, some are quite mad too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you not read the 5.4 Patch notes? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Did you not read the 5.4 Patch notes? lol
    I did! lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I still am sceptical you will see many Holy healers in the top 50 guilds. Normals is a different story. Exciting to see the % when raidbots get some data in! Can only hope:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy was fairly significantly affected by 5.4. Not just in the few tweaks to spells/talents, but many of the QoL and bug fixes have a much more profound affect on Holy than Disc. Lightspring baseline free's up a glyph for most Holy Priests, fixed PoM is more important of a fix for Holy, and half cost Sanc. The new FDCL is amazing with 2pc, so there's that. Were also in the last tier, and Holy has always been the "I NEED SPIRIT" spec, and of course, spirit is gonna be highest in the final tier, allowing for more mana dump Holy play (x2 Glyphed Binding + 2pc + PoH, sfahsgjklag hsjh;l)

I think many are experimenting with normals to see how much better or worse both Holy/Disc is. I know I've been swapping back and forth trying both out, and I'm enjoying Holy, just worry like usual, Disc will be needed for most Heroic Progression.

I'm still mostly Disc (10man), but I did go Holy to two-heal Heroic Norushen. Didn't swap out my crit-centric gems, but did reforge to Spirit > Mastery. Worked for us, and with our strat of no healers going down to the challenge realm, the Holy Pally and I were very close to 200k HPS each.

The next fight I assume I'll be trying Holy is Malkorok.

I probably could have done fine as Holy on Immerseus/Protectors/Galakras, but I prefer Disc. Sha of Pride, Disc is just too good with SS for swells, plus the added DPS from Gift buff.

Iron Juggernaut is such random, spiky damage that I stayed disc, used Inner Will, and spammed bubbles with a higher focus on Mastery.

Currently working on Dark Shaman, and I think we can all agree to Disc's benefit there on 10man.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    So Pre 5.4 you almost never see a Holy priest and if you do they ain't worth a invite to nothing. A few great ones laying around that can't get a group because no one wants a Holy priest lol. Now 5.4 is out, Holy has pretty much stayed the same but a minor change and everyone is buffed like superman. Now there is Holy priests all over the place and people want to group with them... I tell ya, the world is a strange place, and by strange I mean dumb as a bag of rocks.
    Hmm...what buff are you refering to that made us all a superman? I didn't see tons of holy priests, all I still see are disc priests. From what I understand druids and shamans are way stronger than priests atm.

Are you refering to the serendipity change? If so, while its nice, I fail to see how that makes us super or even better than other healers.

Serendipity buff + 2 and 4 pc + MASSIVE fdcl buff + more spirit on gear. Holy is really good right now in PvE and PvP.

Deleted
    Our druid is pretty good and I am close behind on a fight like protectors hc and absolute rape everyone on galakras as holy. In the last phase on galakras I am hitting 250k HPS with 62% overheal and its sustainable. I can do that for quite a long time. The new two set is just so good for holy. 2xserendipity PoH heals for well over 1 million. Given enough damage I am sure I can hit 500-600k HPS no problem. I am sure better geared and more skilled priests can do more than that. It is like this AFAIK

Stacked healing: shaman > holy > druid = monk

Spread out healing Druid > holy = monk > shaman.

High overheal very bursty fights, disc > druid = paladin > monk > shaman > holy.

Raw HPS shaman > holy = monk > druid > paladin >> disc.

Overall druid is the strongest healer, shaman has the highest HPS, disc and pala have the highest utility. Holy is second best when there is healing to be done and rubbish on fights that are very bursty with high overheal.

I mean Holy stayed the same and everyone else is buffed like superman. I outgear all the druids and shaman I was out healing pre 5.4 on a few fights and now I sit at the bottom of the meter on all but one fight. That is on Normal mode, we start heroics next week so we will see how that goes.

Deleted
    Do you have the 2set at least? Holy was buffed quite a lot, but the buffs mainly come from the set bonuses.

Buffing by set bonus is no buff at all.

Buffing by set bonus is no buff at all.
    Not true. More often than not, Blizzard implements new mechanics through set bonuses, to see how they "work out". If they do well, they may just become baseline (an example is the hunter 2 set from dragon soul that gave you more focus per cobra/steady shot, which worked so well that they made it baseline in MOP).

The main reason Holy became better

Yes, shaman are now very good, maybe even a little bit too good; but It wouldn't be the first time that shamans get hit by the hotfixnerfcoil. I personally think that no healing spec is now in a bad spot compared to before when shamans were really crap, and druid were too weak.

I would not call a buff and subsequent interest in the spec a "paradox".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the world is "dumb as a bag of rocks" because holy is more desired now because of the buff??? I am very confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The main reason Holy became better

Yes, shaman are now very good, maybe even a little bit too good; but It wouldn't be the first time that shamans get hit by the hotfixnerfcoil. I personally think that no healing spec is now in a bad spot compared to before when shamans were really crap, and druid were too weak.
    i wouldn't quite say that, after a month when everyone's gear and raid awareness are up you will see us fall down quite a bit.

Furthermore I have been wondering this for a while and wanted to get the opinion of holy priests. What is your opinion on Disc priests? Do you think they need changed at all? Would you change the mechanics in how they work or tweak them to be more specific? I know most of the raw healing classes haven't been too happy with Disc's domination and their "heal sniping." Sadly shamans suffer from this more than any other and its a constant hot topic over in our forums. Although many classes have thier own way of sniping (uplift anyone?), Disc and to the lesser extent paladins can snipe in a way which other healers cannot counter.

Anyway i don't want to get into a class debate but you can't help but notice the power of Disc and the dangerous mechanics in which it operates.

P.S
    I had a thought that was funny, making absorbs not start absorbing damage until the players goes under 80% health.

To me I'll take healers that can raid blanket with HoTs rather than absorbs but that is me. I really liked having a Druid and Holy Priest in a 10man since it always felt like even being damaged felt less of a worry since the HoTs kept ticking away where bubbles, although cool and all, tended to make me feel uneasy because despite the health well from them it never has been a replacement to actual health.

Also: MOAR HOTS!!!!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromok View Post
    I would not call a buff and subsequent interest in the spec a "paradox".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the world is "dumb as a bag of rocks" because holy is more desired now because of the buff??? I am very confused.
    The Paradox is that when Holy was better than everyone else groups did not seek out Holy in both pvp and pve. Now that other classes are par or better people are more open to Holy priests and you see a lot more of them.

Where have all the Holy Priests gaaaaaaw-uh-haaaaaaawn?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."