Deleted

My guildie needs help...

...playing his Holy priest.

I've heard stories about holy priests being very good in a 10 man raiding environment, the group consists of a MW Monk, the priest, and a resto Shammy. However, his healing is way too low compared to the other two healers. I'm looking for someone who could give me some advice regarding his usage of skills, spec and logs.

Here is the log of the last Malkorok kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/bz47h...?s=5886&e=6219

As you can see he did 90k healing compared to the others 150k.

I'm looking forward to the advice!

Thanks in advance,

Forsite.

He needs to use CoH more and he should drop Divine Star for either Cascade or Halo. Halo can be quite annoying to place correctly, so I would suggest Cascade. Get him to drop Divine Insight for Twist of Fate or Power Infusion. Use Prayer of Healing more and Greater Heal less. Also, he's not using Divine Hymn enough. I see as well that he's reforging for Crit, which is the worst Holy priest stat out there - tell him to put his reforges into Mastery.

There's a wonderful thread on HowToPriest that explains all the basics.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Fail on reading logs >< He did use Divine Hymn, but only once.
    Last edited by Ilyanda; 2013-10-27 at 11:14 PM.

I wouldn't say Priests are amazing within a 10 Man Environment, and I certainly wouldn't use Malkorok as the comparison fight.

As a Mistweaver myself, I easily do 200K HPS on the fight, and the other healers struggle to do half of that. As long as no-one is dying, generally everything is going well. He may need to just look back through his reforges, consider a few alternative options during healing, so on and so forth.

Uplift is seriously OP, but the issue isn't the class. His reforges and healing are all wrong and his talents are a mess.

Deleted
    As a shadow priest, I probably use renew more than our often ranking holy priest, while your holy priest seems to rely on renew more than his other spells. If he likes hots that much, maybe he should think about rerolling resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    As a shadow priest, I probably use renew more than our often ranking holy priest, while your holy priest seems to rely on renew more than his other spells. If he likes hots that much, maybe he should think about rerolling resto druid.
    Rolling renews with single target chakra and cascade is very much a viable way to heal in 10m. His haste>crit stat priority is correct if that's the playstyle he's going for, although he's missing cascade which is pretty much mandatory as it refreshes renew to its unglyphed duration. The other issue I see is that he has 2p T16 but isn't using FDCL.

I think the biggest issue is that you're 3 healing fights that can easily be 2 healed. In cases like that, holy is really easy to snipe, especially when healing with a class with a ton of smart heals like a resto shaman, which makes the priest look bad on the meters even if they aren't performing poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    I've heard stories about holy priests being very good in a 10 man raiding environment
    That depends on your healer line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    the group consists of a MW Monk, the priest, and a resto Shammy.
    My point. With a MW monk and a resto shammy, disc will perform better than holy. Holy works best along with a disc priest or holy paladin.

Despite that, holy is still better for malkorok. For malkorok the bulk of healing comes at the start of the fight when building bubbles, on phase 2 with heavy AoE and after phase 2 when building bubbles again. What I noticed is he didn't pop hymn at the start to build bubbles, so a lot of his healing on phase 1 got sniped. Cascade is much better than DS, particularly while running with MW and RShaman (they pretty much got phase 2 covered) Also, he can use a bit more PoH and PoM.

Use Halo on malkorok, pretty much on the pull is enough to give everyone a massive shield.

I honestly believe you have to 2 heal to make good use of a holy priest. If you run 3 healers, holy will probably look bad because other healers have better tools to handle 90% of healing on fights (between better hots/smart heals/absorbs) leaving the holy priest without a lot to use with their toolset.

Remember though, if people are not dying, healers are doing their job whether it's 2 or 3 healing. Only reason you would look at meter is to determine if you can 2 heal a fight, not to judge healer output (unless you dig deep into logs).
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-28 at 11:12 AM.