Diplomacy is just war by other means.
Second week with it:
I tend to use Iron Juggernaut as the benchmark because it has a mix of a lot of different damage profiles: raid-wide steady aoe damage, spike aoe damage, pure random target damage, tank and off-tank healing, and burst single target damage. In theory this fight should be significantly favorable to 4T15, but my performance has gone from 180 & 190k the 2 weeks prior to 208k and 222k (world 5th druid, 8th overall hps ranking for public logs) afterwards.
I use 5x normal T16 now, ilvl is ~563.
- average rejuv tick dropped by 10% (25.9k -> 23.6k) on the week where the change was made. This indicates a long-term loss of 3.5%, as rejuv was generally in the ballpark of 35% of my overall healing. Some of that is made up for by the fact that overheal did drop about 3%, but that may be negligible.
- effloresence tick count dropped almost 25%; overheal stayed generally the same. So this is a loss of ~3.5%, as efflo is generally around 15% of my healing.
- net loss is about 7%.
- T16 bonuses (Spark of Life and any contribution from HT -- I don't cast it outside of significant Sage Mender stacks) accounted for 6-7% of my healing both weeks where I was using the set. Most fights where healing is relevant, it is between 5-7%.
My conclusions after evaluating the set for 2 raids:
- The raw drop in healing contribution from T15 bonuses is approximately 7% (~3.5% from a 10% decrease in rejuv strength, and ~3.5% decrease in efflo)
- T16 bonuses are significant output (6-7%), which directly make up for most of this deficit.
- The rest of the deficit should be and is recovered through higher base stats, including higher spirit allowing me to push harder for longer.
- 2T16 bonus allows for more clutch healing, so has actually tremendous value beyond simply the numbers that it generates.
Ask yourself: why are you so resistant to just trying it yourself and generating your own numbers?
I did, and discovered that not only am I getting better numbers, but I now have a useful mini-cooldown in Sage Mender.