Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you get 2 blasts the first and second round, sure

if you get 3 blasts either the first or second round, hmmmmm its still possible but way way rougher

if tank cloak proc can solo a 3rd then sure thats definately possible

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    That's not really the attitude to take on a forum when asking for helpful suggestions.
    Did none of you guys who mention this read the first few posts? First off, his topic is about whether he can solo tank HC immerseus 10, but ignoring that fact...

The guy mentions how he should use another tank instead (which as stated, is completely unrelated to what is asked), which he replied that he didn't have the option to do that hence he was asking for help about solo tanking it. The guy further replies that he can't solo tank it which is corrected by people (and yes you can solo tank it if your DPS is good enough).

After that, he repeats himself by listing possible tank options, treating the OP as if he's an idiot, which led to said comment about trolling. Yeah he's asking for help but that doesn't mean he should take it up the ass from someone who offers NO SUGGESTIONS to the topic at hand and is questioning the OP's intention.

Same for all of you, if you have no suggestions, don't post? I think the topic is pretty clear about what it's asking so I'm not sure what the fuss is.

On topic: Yes, you can solo tank it. If your DPS is good, you can hero and beat the second breath on the first up phase (or have good CDs for the second). You can pick up the adds inbetween breaths easily and shouldn't breath the raid at all. The second time he's up is rough because you are probably guaranteed two breaths at that point no matter what you do. I would just plan a brez if you have to take a third. If you get past those two up phases, you are good to go the rest of the fight.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-23 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Tank cloak + purgatory and you can definitely solo tank it. If you have a Holy Priest then it's even better. With an extra DPS you shouldn't get a 3rd breath but if you do you have all the 3 options I mentioned and you can always get someone to soak a stack for you (a DK dps with purgatory or ret with bubble might work?). Also, can't remember how the boss works in terms of what he does if his main aggro target if out of range. If he only has one target and he focuses that one target you can use all sorts of people to soak it, like a shadow priest or a rogue (though I think he has some mechanic that just makes him do some ranged spell if he's aggro target is far, not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Guys I am happy with the breaths, I just would like a bit more info on the adds; "Can you stun them, knockback etc? Do they even need to be" tanked?
    Well you should be able to aggro them from a distance with DnD, but since they generally spawn while Immerseus is channeling you should be able to tank them anyway provided they die before Immerseus resumes attacking (which should be possible if you help aoe them down).
    Idk if they can be slowed but if so Chillblains may be an option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Guys I am happy with the breaths, I just would like a bit more info on the adds; "Can you stun them, knockback etc? Do they even need to be" tanked?
    Not sure about the CC but what I would suggest is you move close to your raid in between breaths and have them AoE the adds. With all the vengeance you'll be having it's not like you'll need *that* much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    That's not really the attitude to take on a forum when asking for helpful suggestions.
    After 3 of those off topic posts from the same person one of them including bolded caps-lock text..... that's probably a normal reaction.

u can solo tank it as long u have the tanking cape , raid dps must be quite good so u dont get the 3rd breath and make a cd rotation with your healers for the 2nd breath

You can solo tank Immersus, but it relies heavily on your DPS being good at their job.

If the boss can get down fast enough, he'll eventually only cast one blast, but for the first 2 phases, you'll need to make proper use of raid cooldowns. I'm certain this can be solo tanked, but it would be much, much easier with two tanks anway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Tank cloak + purgatory and you can definitely solo tank it. If you have a Holy Priest then it's even better. With an extra DPS you shouldn't get a 3rd breath but if you do you have all the 3 options I mentioned and you can always get someone to soak a stack for you (a DK dps with purgatory or ret with bubble might work?). Also, can't remember how the boss works in terms of what he does if his main aggro target if out of range. If he only has one target and he focuses that one target you can use all sorts of people to soak it, like a shadow priest or a rogue (though I think he has some mechanic that just makes him do some ranged spell if he's aggro target is far, not sure).
    He'll switch to the next highest target on the aggro list.

If your dps is high enough, you may run into the problem of your debuff not resetting during p2 as you approach the later stages of the fight. Simply make sure to save/slow one of the blobs until the duration of the debuff is low enough to fall off before a new breath comes.

Thanks to the people who actually took the time to read my post and further posts you added a lot to our tactics. Unfortunately our raid was cancelled tonight, but we are going to give it a go tomorrow with solo tank. Will let you know how it goes.

Tried this tonight, was really great fun, but ultimately we couldn't do it. Taking 300% damage from all the adds really was a ball ache, especially as we only had 2 heals. Fortunately our tank came towards the end of our raid session and we downed it with ease.

I would definitely like to revisit this strat once we all have some more gear!

/Thread

300% damage from the adds - what are you talking about?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess he means the shadow dot you have when you hit the boss while he is under swelling. If you kept hitting the boss and went 6+ then its nasty Add the adds that would hit him from behind...cause yeah adds only melee hit you....dat panic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goltnum9 View Post
    I guess he means the shadow dot you have when you hit the boss while he is under swelling. If you kept hitting the boss and went 6+ then its nasty Add the adds that would hit him from behind...cause yeah adds only melee hit you....dat panic!!!
    Something like that !:
    Just makes me mad when people assume some random stuff killed them rather than looking at the actual reason.
    Like those guys in my raid who say they died from "insert random 50k aoe dot" but the thing that actually caused them to die was the 500k hit half a second before that they could have avoided.