New Razer Naga 2014 - Alternative Software to Razer Synapse 2.0?

So I have a very specific configuration to my computer - namely, it's a mac pro and I built it, and split the OS into its own SSD, the apps into its own SSD, and the home file directory into another HDD.

From all the stories I've read about Razer's Synapse 2.0, it's so terribly written (and with such a horrid ToS that rapes your privacy), I am now looking for alternative software to manage my new Razer Naga 2014.

So far, I have only come across Steermouse. But for whatever reason, it does not install properly.
    My configuration may sound strange, but I have never had any troubles installing software with it before.

I welcome any ideas to my issue, and any recommendations to alternative software that will allow me to configure all these new mouse buttons.

If you're interested in reading about my config and the install issue I'm having with Steermouse:
    http://superuser.com/questions/66369...heral-software

Thanks much!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://drivers.razersupport.com/inde...loaditemid=744

Original Naga Epic driver, not sure if it'll work with Naga 2014 but probably wont hurt to try.

I'm afraid that's a PC link for one, but I did try the mac one and it didn't make a difference.

Can you store your macros, custom button configuration, etc, into the mouse built-in memory instead and then remove Synapse? I did it for my Logitech G600. Its newer Gaming Software always makes my computer hang up, so I decided not to use it. Fortunately my mouse keeps my configuration in its memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLady View Post

I welcome any ideas to my issue, and any recommendations to alternative software that will allow me to configure all these new mouse buttons.
    have you considered a different mouse? if Razer's software is such a problem, why support that company?

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    What does it mean to say you "built it" when talking of a mac pro? Anyway…
    probably an x79 hackintosh, not out of the ordinary, but not common either

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12090869187#1

Was able to get it to work in Number Pad mode after doing a bit of research! No more Razer Shitnapse! Yay!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLady View Post
    From all the stories I've read about Razer's Synapse 2.0, it's so terribly written (and with such a horrid ToS that rapes your privacy), I am now looking for alternative software to manage my new Razer Naga 2014.
    False slander that amount to no more than the PC vs Mac flame wars. If you take the time (I did) to read razers ToS and the software from logitech it reads line for line the same. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Go figure =\ Terribly written ? Synapse is using 69MB of ram atm and logitechs software is using 50MB of ram I wouldnt call that game breaking. If you are talking about ease of use I would rate them the same. I've used corsairs software as well and would rate it below razer and logitech on the ease of use front.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    have you considered a different mouse? if Razer's software is such a problem, why support that company?
    Razer software is really no different than any other peripheral software out (i.e. corsair/logitech/steelseries) there if you factor out brand bias. Its 1.0 iteration was a different story though. When it would push driver and/or program updates it would quietly and automatically and restart your system without warning to finish the update. It now prompts you when an update is available giving users control of when to update and no more random restarts mid game or whatever you are doing.
    Last edited by TaintedOne; 2014-03-15 at 02:12 PM.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

My personal experience with Synapse 2.0 has been nothing but positive. I've no idea how people are still having some issues with it. It's an awesome program and it's very user-friendly, as well as the Logitech Gaming Software. What I really couldn't stand the second I downloaded it was the Corsair software.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"