Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

LFR Wing 4. Experiences?

Experiences*** oops.

It opened today, and the group I was in got to 6 stacks of determination on Garrosh and was progressing on it little by little. Finally got it down after everyone helping one another and the new people. Klaxxi was just...odd and Blackfuse was pretty faceroll as well.

All in all Garrosh is actually a fun LFR fight along with Lei shen in my opinion.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-10-23 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Fixed your title.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Fight was dumbed down to the max, only thing that killed people were ironstars and mcs. People don't know how to switch target to mcs which wiped the raid 5 times (I had just arrived on my priest when they were at 4 stacks just for lolz so I was only there for 1 wipe). After that, I bailed, didn't want loot or anything just wanted to see how bad LFR Garrosh was.

Have yet to attempt, and im kinda scared to honestly.

That doesn't sound promising. I hoped they'd have learned from LFR Lei Shen and the previous wings.

Deleted
    im going to give it a bash tomorrow morning. as long as were done by the guild raid in the evening, i'll be happy/relieved

One shotted all 3, hard to wipe when you can heal through all the mechanics.

It went rather well honestly. One shot Siegecrafter and Paragons. Had two wipes on Garrosh. People just got disorganized after we came out of the heart the first time. The second time, MCs just got out of control. After that, it went really well. It helped though we had an awesome rogue who took the time to explain every fight in great detail and that people we're speaking up when confused.

This morning we one-shot both Blackfuse and Klaxxi without much discussion of mechanics or what to do.

Took us 9 stacks of the buff to kill Garrosh though. Ive never even been close to 9 before. The first 6 or 7 of those wipe we didnt even get out of the first phase. Even knocking adds into iron stars, we were still just getting overwhelmed by adds. It didnt seem like we got any better or even really worked out the kinks after all those wipes, it just feels like at +45% damage you cant -not- kill him. You can essentially tunnel vision Garrosh at that point because even LFR DPS boosted by that much you can brute force through it.

That said, even after 8 wipes it wasnt a miserable experience. It was fun to kill a boss on LFR that requires a bit of set-up and coordination. It felt a lot like Lei Shen where Blizzard decided, if only for the last boss, you need to handle mechanics on LFR a bit.

Blackfuse and the Klaxxi were no problem. Garrosh was on seven wipes without getting to Phase 2 when I left. Garrosh is going to be an awful LFR experience for a looooooooong time. There are a lot of mechanics to memorize for the standard LFR player.

Decided to dive right in and tank it for my first ever run.

Dropped like a rock on Blackfuse but so did the other tank who knew what he was doing so I think the healers were derping it up. Still managed to kill him in one attempt.

Klaxxi fight was lolwat. Just kinda winged it (other tank's explanation didn't really make sense), still managed to get it down in one attempt.

Garrosh, though... oh god. Took like 5 wipes to get him dead. I was tanking adds for the first phase and jesus that's a nightmare, especially when the DPS don't kill them. I had a ton of them on me at once and as a Brewmaster, it hurt. Ended up having one Iron Star launched intentionally per wave just to make sure the adds didn't pile up.

Wife and I just came out of a SoO Wing 4 LFR that simply overpowered the first two bosses. When the group formed and I saw 5 or 6 legendary capes blowing in the breeze I knew it would be easy mode. We had a DK who was doing 340,000 dps on one fight. He was basically covering 4 DPS slots solo which made up for the 2 or 3 DPS dummies who always die in the first minute of every fight.

On Garrosh we wiped three times, mainly because Mind Control ran crazy and almost everybody was new to the encounter. Then somebody explained what needed to be done and the group knuckled down and got it done on the next try. All in all a very pleasant experience.

zerged all 3 with no problems, even with your typical assortment of Crappies™

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Wife and I just came out of a SoO Wing 4 LFR that simply overpowered the first two bosses. When the group formed and I saw 5 or 6 legendary capes blowing in the breeze I knew it would be easy mode. We had a DK who was doing 340,000 dps on one fight. He was basically covering 4 DPS slots solo which made up for the 2 or 3 DPS dummies who always die in the first minute of every fight.

On Garrosh we wiped three times, mainly because Mind Control ran crazy and almost everybody was new to the encounter. Then somebody explained what needed to be done and the group knuckled down and got it done on the next try. All in all a very pleasant experience.
    thats good to know, as i am gonna set a toe in there tomorrow, i don't need to, but for my guild i will soon be a G on normal, and i am our backup tank as such (raid as ret if not) so i like to tank lfr fights to get a flavour as such and see some stuff going on

10+ Year Old Account
    First try with Siegecrafter Blackfuse... success! First try with Paragons of the Klaxxi... Success! First try with Garrosh, wiped 3 times (the first one nobody knew he throws his axe to the ground making a giant purple swirl, second we made it to 2nd phase but the adds killed us, third wipe kind of both at third phase) then I left, IRL problems.

Garrosh is a fun and challenging boss, he has lots of mechanics, most of them easy to avoid and learn but nobody cares about them and just wants to rush the entire raid. Thats why everyone blames everyone every wipe and nobody cares to see a guide or even the Dungeon Journal. Just read it! it has lots of pretty information about every thing he does! Try it if you wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    2-shot Blackfuse, 1-shot Klaxxi, Killed Garrosh after 5 wipes. Had problems getting out of phase 1. After that it was cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    2-shot Blackfuse, 1-shot Klaxxi, Killed Garrosh after 5 wipes. Had problems getting out of phase 1. After that it was cake.
    you could have been in my group for all i know

I joined after Blackfuse, and we easily 1-shot Klaxxi. Wiped several times on Garrosh in phase 1, at 4 stacks we had a promising try that went all the way to phase 3 before dying to MCs. The next try we got to phase 3 again... and my computer crashed. I came back to an empty instance with loot waiting for me... and also an achievement, which specifically says it can't be gotten in LFR. Anyone else gotten Strike! in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Experiences*** oops.

It opened today, and the group I was in got to 6 stacks of determination on Garrosh and was progressing on it little by little. Finally got it down after everyone helping one another and the new people.
    Did you really? or did you just get buffed to the point where you would have killed him on the first pull with 6 stacks of determination anyway.
    Sometimes determination creates an artifical sense of achievement(not really a bad thing per se)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajikami View Post
    I came back to an empty instance with loot waiting for me... and also an achievement, which specifically says it can't be gotten in LFR. Anyone else gotten Strike! in LFR?
    That achievement is bugged at the moment, as you can earn it in LFR, I think even without doing the requirements.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

1 shot siege and klaxxi, 2 shot garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    It took 2 shots for siege since no one went on the belts 1st pull. Klaxxi was 2 shot since no one knew the fight really since people were targeting different bosses. I got into a Garrosh with either 5 or 6 stacks of determination and killed it that pull.