Efficient UI for raiding?

Does anyone know a good efficient raid UI?
    Here is a picture of my current one from a few months back http://postimg.org/image/6rsjnrvsr/
    The one I'm using just gets way to cluttered during raids, especially with Tellmewhen.

An UI for your resolution is not going to be that easy to find. I'll take a wild guess and say it's 1280x1024.
    There aren't all that many that support it so the best way is to create one yourself so you feel comfortable with it. My UI would probably be even more clustered if I had only that space to work with.

Try making some of the stuff smaller. Maybe Merge your Loot/Trade with your general tab and drop Skada there. Make your raid frames smaller, you don't really need to see all that much on them anyway. They do say good stuff comes in small packages... but that might have been just my girlfriend talking about my dick.

Lots of people are happy with ElvUI, I'd look it up.

Personally I just put together my own. SexyMap set to simple square with MinimapButtonBag in the upper right corner. Chatter/Recount/Bartender/Omen/Grid across the bottom. Shadowed Unit Frames set at the bottom with CastBars in between. I use Grid for raid frames because it is small as hell and shows as much or as little as you want. As a lock all I really care is general health of the raid and who's in need of a Soul Stone. It isn't as pretty as some UI's out there but it is functional and leaves a lot of room open to see the battlefield. I also use a lot of other addons (DBM, Mik's, etc) but those aren't really relevant here.

Keep in mind though, like Ichifails said, I presume a lot of the people who use ElvUI also has a bigger resolution than 1280x1024.

What I'd do if I were you, Zervek, would be to try and make one of my own. It can sound very tedious, but I promise you it will pay off. The pros of making one yourself is that you get exactly what you need (obviously provided that you do infact know what you need), but it takes a lot more effort. Now in your case, I'd say this is kinda the better option as not a lot of UI packages come in so small resolutions.

• I'd recommend you to look into a raid frame replacement addon. As a DPSer in 25m raiding, I didn't often find the need to have that big frames, I only really needed to see the name and range indicator of who I was supposed to cast battle res on. That means your raid frames could probably be reduced as much as 60% in size, as long as you're still comfortable reading the names of dead players.
    • I'd also suggest you move both chat frames back into one single again, and use macros to hide your chat upon entering combat. There are existing macros that will temporarily remove your chat frames while in combat (I ain't got one right now, but shouldn't be too hard to find on google. :-)), which I personally found pretty useful.
    • If you prefer keeping Skada on your screen whilst in combat, I'd take some steps to ensure that isn't an element that catches your eye. At the moment, your skada has a background color (purple) and title bar (menu), both of which can easily be removed as all of Skada's functions can be controlled through chat commands. The result is that you'll see only the actual damage text, and if you move that (for example) down to your right corner, it'll be almost unnoticeable, but still serve the function in that whenever you need to see it, you'll have the option to do so, as opposed to having it take your attention since it currently screams "LOOK AT ME!".

I will say you've got your actionbar sorted though. I'd probably reduce it's visibility to 75% and reduce it in size by 25% or something, so that it isn't something you really notice.

My ui, in combat (not raid).

I'll just post my UI for reference, I was quite pleased with it. Sadly I don't have a UI from raid combat, as I never actually remembered to take a screenshot while in raid combat . But here you can see I've hidden the chat, and my raid frames are very, very small (they're hidden far on the right side, you can see my frame there - in a 25m raid that fills up, but still takes very little space). I've moved all raid warnings and stuff far to the left side, so I have a clear view of what is going on.
    The reason I post this screenshot is to emphasize the points I make in comparison to the chat, actionbars etc of your screenshot. So you can see what difference it can make.

I realize that this is very different from your resolution in size, but my point stands - the UI is very clear, with very little clutter. The chat, actionbinds, positioning of player frames (or in my case, bars) etc all play a major role in how you 'decipher' the raid combat information that your UI is meant to present to you in a tidy manner.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-10-23 at 05:10 AM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Standard Blizzard UI with a DoTimer, proc/ICD tracking mod like NeedToKnow and Big Wigs is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Standard Blizzard UI with a DoTimer, proc/ICD tracking mod like NeedToKnow and Big Wigs is all you need.
    That is up for debate. Keep in mind he is playing in a resolution where the actionbinds alone in the standard blizzard UI would fill 30% of his screen. It might just be that that UI isn't very optimal for that resolution.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Does anyone know a good efficient raid UI?
    Here is a picture of my current one from a few months back http://postimg.org/image/6rsjnrvsr/
    The one I'm using just gets way to cluttered during raids, especially with Tellmewhen.
    Get rid of the multiple chat windows, downscale everything (especially minimap and unit frames/raid frames) and hide as many of your action bars as possible.

Deleted
    If i had your UI (from a few months ago), I'd make the following changes:

-Replace or resize your raid frames. Even half the size of those frames would do.
    -Remove the loot/trade window and incorporate it into your left chat window through chat tabs. Reduce the size of your window, it's way too large imo.
    -Reduce the size of your Minimap.
    -Remove your quest objective tracker in raids.

Any of these will make a massive difference in the amount of screen space you free up.

Besides that it's all about moving your bars to the bottom and creating an efficient yet effective TellMeWhen setup. I prefer to track everything that needs tracking under my character, with my castbar below that. My target/player frames flank these icons/bars.

Above all: get some more screen real estate