1. #1
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    134

    Heroic Shamans as Arcane tips

    Hi all, so we will be doing Dark Shamans next week on heroic. I've been told it's pretty unforgiving for Arcane and the mage in the other team went fire for it and seemed to do a lot better. I'm hoping I get 4set t16 before then (currently at 3 pieces) but if not then I'll have to stay Arcane - or if it is still possible to put out good numbers as Arcane then I'd ideally like to stay that. Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

    Thank you
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14 Mythic | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    Hi all, so we will be doing Dark Shamans next week on heroic. I've been told it's pretty unforgiving for Arcane and the mage in the other team went fire for it and seemed to do a lot better. I'm hoping I get 4set t16 before then (currently at 3 pieces) but if not then I'll have to stay Arcane - or if it is still possible to put out good numbers as Arcane then I'd ideally like to stay that. Any thoughts or words of wisdom?

    Thank you
    Shamans is much easier to manage as arcane then Sha. Use Living Bomb, 4 stack barrage the adds as they spawn then blizzard them down, don't bother trying to AE them. Utilize the middle of the kite circle so you're not trailing behind constantly setting new runes. Ise double blink glyph and the additional blink distance glyph along with blazing speed and repositioning won't be an issue. It's really not difficult at all, if you listen to most people every fight is "unforgiving" for arcane.

  3. #3
    Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I expected this week (went Arcane for Nazgrim and so was Arcane through farm). It's definitely possible to put out good numbers, I was topping by a sizeable margin most pulls though on the kill I fell behind a bit due to a screw up at the start on my part. Would agree with not bothering with Arcane Explosion, no need to get that close and they die pretty quickly anyway (unless your other AoE dps are really slacking). I would recommend using Cauterize for this fight for if you/your healer forget to use a shield or cooldown for Iron Prisons.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    I would recommend using Cauterize for this fight for if you/your healer forget to use a shield or cooldown for Iron Prisons.
    I would argue greater invis is a much better choice with ice barrier. This is because later in the fight after the soft enrage if a meteor and iron prisons line up it can be bad and you need good a personal CD and also because you should never lose track of your iron prison. A Full Ice Barrier and a PW:S will almost totally negate it.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Shamans is much easier to manage as arcane then Sha.
    Oh really? That's good news haha. Heroic Sha felt so terrible, even when using Ice Floes to dance around the rift puddles. Maybe I'll try Blazing Speed next week on it and see how it feels. The only way my numbers seem to look reasonably decent on that fight is if I scumbag dps the Reflections lol.

    Thanks for the tips on Shamans though, very much appreciated. I watched Minimemage's POV on it and it was a lot better than I thought.. but I guess I'll just have to take a few pulls to figure out the best positioning for the Rune.
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14 Mythic | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    Oh really? That's good news haha. Heroic Sha felt so terrible, even when using Ice Floes to dance around the rift puddles. Maybe I'll try Blazing Speed next week on it and see how it feels. The only way my numbers seem to look reasonably decent on that fight is if I scumbag dps the Reflections lol.
    Sha is positively horrible as arcane at least on 10man . Barely managed to pull off like 250k dps now after the T15 nerf with only T16 2set, but got both the chest and staff so hopefully sitting out in the future. All you can do is stand off to a side a bit and hope ppl get rifts enough so you don't get a rain of crap all the time.

  7. #7
    Blademaster Hotpots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28
    Pretty simple, If you do it the 3 tank tactic which you should be doing...
    Stay in Melee for minimal movement (as you don't need to move for storm, or very rarely) and DPS the boss, when the adds spawn, arcane explosion them with a RoP near them, also Barrage when you are at 4 stacks.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal buffmageslol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    50
    having the luxury of being able to stay in the middle so you're not placing new runes every few seconds would be great. greater invis for sure. if your 10man you can get pretty bad chains of prisons (i got 4 in a row, Ginvis, iceblock, Ginvis, external cd). Definitely ice barrier over TS. it can help with the prisons but also is more forgiving if you derp and get hit by purple stuff - especially if it lines up with other raid damage. 4stack barage the adds is ideal if you can, flamestrike also hits pretty damn hard if majority of them are within that radius. Double blink is definitely useful if you are trailing your tanks, and cant post up in the middle of the kite circle, and are required to move a lot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •