Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Are you implying we should have taken tier just in case it got nerfed, when other people could make use of it straight away?
    There was no "just in case" involved. Blizz ALWAYS wants you to move to the new tier and they WILL nerf the old tier if a spec or class isn't getting rid of it because the set bonuses are too good. So many examples in the past. ALWAYS take the new tier tokens.

IF you want to pass on them so others can use em, that's your personal call (unless ur guild does loot council), but don't be surprised or complain when the nerf bat finally hits the old tier. We all saw it coming, it was always just a matter of when.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-10-23 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    There was no "just in case" involved. Blizz ALWAYS wants you to move to the new tier and they WILL nerf the old tier if a spec or class isn't getting rid of it because the set bonuses are too good. So many examples in the past. ALWAYS take the new tier tokens.

IF you want to pass on them so others can use em, that's your personal call (unless ur guild does loot council), but don't be surprised or complain when the nerf bat finally hits the old tier. We all saw it coming, it was always just a matter of when.
    Its been months since the patch released. I honestly didnt expect them to nerf it after all this time. An no, there are plenty of examples in the past where blizzard didnt nerf an OP set bonus.

Deleted
    Just tired a flex, doesn't look to bad imo.

Did 401k dps, this was on sha.

Deleted
    It was never OP, it drained mana like there's no tomorrow, comparable to Incinerate's mana drain in Destruction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz ALWAYS wants you to move to the new tier and they WILL nerf the old tier if a spec or class isn't getting rid of it because the set bonuses are too good.
    False, they haven't always nerfed old tier even if it remained bis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    False, they haven't always nerfed old tier even if it remained bis.
    Arcane specificly, who remembers the tier 5 2-piece? Very comparable bonus aswell.

Deleted

I'm just going to quotesomeone in the arc thread :
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Prepare by it how? By taking tier pieces from fellow guildies who can actually use it right now while you keep the pieces in your bag untill blizzard does, or does not, nerf t15?
    I really can't justify preventing people getting their good 2p / 4p bonuses when my t16 sucks - I was under the impression that the goal was to advance as a guild and not as an individual.

@Ghostcrawler was the arcane t15 nerf supposed to nerf output, or just to force the switch. Can we expect a change to the lacking t16 bonus?
    @themagevoltaa We're happy with the T16. We believe the T15 was the problem.
    So GC thought that mage output was too high. I agree that our output was too high for the gear we were using but it was at around the right level for where we should have been this tier. I would have liked to see t16N brought up to the level of t15 heroic, I would have been happy with that, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Does anybody know exactly when did hotfix was applied, raided last night and trying to figure our if I raided with the hotfix or not

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    So GC thought that mage output was too high. I agree that our output was too high for the gear we were using but it was at around the right level for where we should have been this tier. I would have liked to see t16N brought up to the level of t15 heroic, I would have been happy with that, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.
    Doubt it as well.

Im sure most of you who will try t16 4pc as arcane will like it. I've played with it because I didnt have 4pc t15 and t is a lot of fun and if you get some good RNG you can maintain 4 stacks the majority of fights. good rng procs + mana gems has given me upwards of 2mins at max stacks and holding above 80% mana. Especially where u can multi dot and fish for AM procs. it never ends in some cases.

i have noticed for single target fights though, frost performs better than arcane w/ same gear & mage armor.

havent played fire because i don't have enough crit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by buffmageslol View Post
    Im sure most of you who will try t16 4pc as arcane will like it.
    I agree with this, it is a very fun playstyle, kind of reminiscent of scorch weaving arcane. I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that, the problem is that we are doing less damage than we should be, our four set is worth a lot less than other classes.

Saw this coming and had the pieces to switch. I am amazed they waited this long honestly.

Did first 5 heroics as arcane last night.....I didn't really feel the nerf was that bad. Bombs & AoE still hit ridiculously hard (and bomb cleave is used in a large majority of fights in SOO). I went in pretty down on the whole thing, but T15H is still decent - just not as ridiculous as it used to be. Not all doom & gloom folks.

10+ Year Old Account

Nonsense, my friend. Numerous examples of old set bonuses in the past never being nerfed moving into a new tier. And, as a raid leader, I'd have been more than slightly annoyed if some silly Mage took tier tokens off our Druid/DK tanks simply because his old tier bonuses "may" be nerfed some day in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyropanda View Post
    2013-09-12, 04:22 PM
    Thread: Arcane Mage PvE Guide
    by Pyropanda

Replies
    Views

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...panda/advanced I replaced T15H legs btw - Worth to switch up to T16N stuff ?

I don't have time to clear T15H tbh ^^;

By thinking this through I'm answering my own question - Spend coins on the two trinket bosses and min bid dkp for normal tier !

I suspect T15 Mage gear will be nerfed ...

CALLED IT DD

And so got T16 in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying we should have taken tier just in case it got nerfed, when other people could make use of it straight away?
    No, you should have been taking tier because it's a higher item level than the previous tier and the set bonuses are a BONUS.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    No, you should have been taking tier because it's a higher item level than the previous tier and the set bonuses are a BONUS.
    Unless this is sarcasm, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless this is sarcasm, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    I'm serious.

Blizzard always mess about with the bonuses but rarely mess about with the base stats.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'm serious.

Blizzard always mess about with the bonuses but rarely mess about with the base stats.
    The point is when you are raiding, it's a team effort. If you think taking tier to possibly use later over someone who would make use of it straight away is acceptable then I feel sorry for the rest of your (hypothetical) guild.

And since you're an LFR hero, your opinion means even less seeing as you haven't even been put in the situation of competing against others for tier.

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-10-24 at 12:30 AM.