Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I honestly don't care about remodels and would prefer them to work on something important. If it isn't fun no matter how pretty they make it people won't play it.
    Tend to agree with this. People dont really se the models anyways because they are wearing tiers/mogs. Animation is what i personally find most important in the overall visuals, i think there is alot of strikes and spells wich could gain from more expressive animations. Maybe they could even small glyph some animations - like a Warrior charging head first bull style or a Mage snapping his fingers when he teleports.
    But first priority should be gameplay imo. Wow can no longer score cheap points as a semi social media. Ppl have smartphones, facebook, scype etc for that today. A modern mmo should be able to stand on its own feet as a game. People should log in becuase they feel a urge to slay monsters, not because they are bored and feel like checking out guild chat/friend lists.
    Better graphic wouldnt hurt the game though. It looks like Starcraft 2 and Diablo3 support Normal mapping - a 3d standard which "bake" thousands of polygons into the textures. If possible WOW graphic could get a substantial boost if they could make it support normal maps i think.

Deleted
    Night elf females get teeth.
    Night elves DO NOT get flappy ears (like blood elves).
    Orcs lose the haunchback.
    Female Tauren get to blink.
    Male humans and male night elves get wrists. Also male humans get an actual neckline.
    Night elf females lose the awful dance.
    Troll females get to blink.
    Worgen females... get a new model (yes, I know they're new, doesn't change that the model is terrible).
    Dwarf males get better looking bears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Nelf females - improve the feminine features, no offense but right now they look like butch lesbians.
    No. Night elf females have a great model, except teeth and claws they just need a higher poly count and that's it. They are beasts, they are feral, they are not pansy skinny elves. For those, play a blood elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Dwarf males get better looking bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    bears.
    Woah.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I honestly don't care about remodels and would prefer them to work on something important. If it isn't fun no matter how pretty they make it people won't play it.
    Because literally the entire dev team is working on these all day every day.

---

Better faces and facial animations for everyone.
    Worgen females to be reverted to their alpha models.
    Worgen costumization to no longer be linked between their Worgen and Human forms.

Female dwarves: Give them as long and rich hair as that the males can have for beards. The braids really don't fit em that well as nearly only type of style.

Undead: Really should have way more body options for how their decay is and how much they on purpose ruin their armors.

Orc male: Less hunch.
    Orcs: Brown n red.

All races: Add builds, not just 'I am body builder' but some variant body forms.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

When assuming they are going to stick to the 1 bodytype, otherwise I have no problems with diversity such as bigger chest and the like.

1. Keep the looks what they are mostly, but improvised like Garrosh's new model is.

2. Keep human females fleshy "fat" as they are, don't thin them down.

3. No Sylvanas/Ysera/Alexstrasza chest for night elf females and blood elf females. Rest of their body is okay, though middle part could use some more meat to balance things out. Also wishing for them to remove/replace the night elf female idle bounce/cheer/clap animations.

4. Like Yig wished at page 1, give night elves claws. Also night elf females need fangs like males ( And Tyrande/Azshara models ) have but that of a style of draenei for both just to make them more obvious, many don't know that the kaldorei men even has them. + Orc men with more straight back, yus please.

5. Have an option to not show bones on both undead genders to avoid armor clipping, and give females Missing or broken jaw-look too to pick from.

6. Keep the "ugly" faces for all races, don't cutesy or simplify them, or make them like pandaren/worgen female where there is just one constant :3 face available with little to no character to them.

I think that's all.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2013-10-23 at 12:31 PM.

As someone who makes "fanart" "cough cough" with the 3d models on a daily basis, I just hope they don't make all female night elves look like Tryrande.

I'd also like a face for the female troll that is in between "ultra ugly" and "ultra cute", and make these poor girls able to blink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    What I am expecting:
    - the models to be brought up to the same standard as the Pandaren models. That is, more fluid animations (but the animations to remain the same 'style' as current, but with some extras, perhaps), more detailed appearance, higher polycount, more 'bones' in the skeleton so to speak (no idea about technical terms but I'm sure you get what I mean), better quality hair, same number of options as current: for example, the races would have the same number of face options and the options would have similar expressions to current, but be more detailed and up-to-date.

What I'm wishing for but doubt we'll see:
    - A wider range of faces, hair styles and colour for all races.
    - More options for tattoos and piercings across all races
    - 'sub races' such as dark iron dwarves, fel orcs, broken etc
    - SLIDERS. I highly, highly doubt we'll ever get sliders for customisation in wow, but a girl can dream. Body sliders, face sliders, make-up/tattoo/colour sliders. Sliders all up in here.
    Did I mention sliders? Sliders.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Most of all, actual armor. Tired of the skin tight chest and leg armors.

Deleted
    I wish they fixed tails of Draenei. It drives me mad when it goes through shield.
    Also, better hair and bigger boobs (and more female armors please)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    It's going to be a lot of "fun" seeing new shiny smoothly animated npc's and players everywhere instead of the 2004 ancients we have now.
    How do you figure that? You plan on sitting there staring at your character for hours? I fail to see how you think this is "fun".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Because literally the entire dev team is working on these all day every day.

---

Better faces and facial animations for everyone.
    Worgen females to be reverted to their alpha models.
    Worgen costumization to no longer be linked between their Worgen and Human forms.
    Doesn't matter does it? How many people they have working on it takes away from dev people they could have working on something more important.

Deleted
    ^ I put the fun inside quotation marks to emphasize that I didn't mean any feature needs to be actually FUN. When the game is graphically better, it's simply much more pleasing to play. And yes, I am looking at my character and it's animations for hours sometimes. And others too when I'm in a raid/bg.

As a Gnome i wish there were no new models at all.
    We are by far the race with the most Beauty and i fear new models would maybe Change that.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Tend to agree with this. People dont really se the models anyways because they are wearing tiers/mogs. Animation is what i personally find most important in the overall visuals.
    Model and it's animation = model , working on a model is both the aesthetic visual graphic and how it animates.

Animation is why the new models are taking so long a lot of facial customisations and expressions plus emotes need to be coded in, and remember each race and each gender is different. So, assuming it's only the first 10 races that will be customised, you're talking about 20 unique sets of animations, not counting those you feel like adding for the sub-races. And remember each race has at least 2 racial factions, and you could easily make a list of 3 racial factions per race. However fortunately for sub races, there is no real need to do extra animations different from the main faction.

and i'll much prefer they presented the sub-race/racial faction as a minor race/advanced race than just an extra skin-tone... it's not hard, do it properly, make it epic.. for more epic to know I am rolling a DArk iron dwarf, with a seaprate class selection, a narrative, possibly (if we're lucky) a different starting zone - way more epic, than hey, my Dwarf has grey/black skin tone with red eyes., i'll just imagine this is a dark iron dwarf..while my new friend to wow is like "a what", then shrugs non-committal with almost 0 impact from that extra skin effort.

Wildhammer tattoos.

And I was promised shwishy beards.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just want a higher poly count to where shapes are actually rounded/smooth, hands that have fingers instead of shovels with fingernails painted on them, and that's really it. I'd love new faces, hairstylse, etc, but I really just want them to be on par with Pandaren, Garrosh, and Voljin.

Blizzard wants the frames for each class to remain identical, so I don't expect sliders of any type ever.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    I want my nightelves to look like Tyrande and Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Because Grom's WC3 model was lean and sexy rather than HURF DURF MUSSLESHUNCH.
    u are a grunt, and u will remain hunched, deal with it

i dont think voljins model is new, just a reskin. animations are the same, one thing i can think of is maybe a higher polly count in his face, that is it
    Last edited by Doomaz; 2013-10-23 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Boobs. Epic, glorious boobs.
    co-signing. As long as forcs keep the ghetto boooooooty I would be satisfied :P
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    - A huge but realistic variety of diffrent hairstyles for each race.
    - Loads of facial 'bones'
    - A variety in body sizes for each race, for example:
    Orcs being able to choose to be either slender or very bulky.
    - More detailed hands and feet.
    - Tattoos for Orcs, body-paint for trolls, diffrent skin colors for Taurens, bulging bones for Forsaken, etc.
    - Realistic but distinct spellcasting and movement.
    - Racial bonusses present, but not giving too much advantages for gameplay (Troll berserk for PvE, human second trinket PvP)