Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Why is everyone saying "bigger boobs" my goodness the women already have supermodel bodies, this isn't an Asian MMO.
    Glorious boobs to go with the glorious bodies?

But seriously, more polygons, faces with lively expressions, better body animations, and maybe body customization with the addition of breasts!(this is a joke)

I want human females to be fixed so bad.
    They have saggy boobs.
    Their run animation is ridiculous.
    They swing their weapons so slow.
    And their shoulders are broken. (They are tilted forward so if you have big pauldrons it cuts into their helmet)
    But other than that, leave their superior weapon sizes alone. I love having a Tauren sized greatsword

More texture and better colors.

People keep saying that they want new Night Elf models to look like Malfurion, Tyrande!

Thing is that Mal's and Tyrande's models are not "new" ones, they just remade the skins for those models!

Malfurion still has the same skeleton that all current night elf males have, the same horrible animations etc. Tyrande's model skeleton is exactly the same as all current female night elves and she does not have proper fingers; she has the same hands the rest of the female night elves have, except they added nails. The only different thing on Tyrande's model is the face and the fact that they actually added fangs to her (also Tyrande does not blink..).

What I want is better casting animations for male night elves (completely different animations when casting wrath, hearthstone, summoning etc. My god, what were they thinking when they made that casting animation??), a lot more fluent (like pandaren) and please oh please fix the walking style of male night elves....what the hell is up with that??? I like the female animations(casting ones), bounce animation must be removed, clap animation must be made look normal, another one that makes me wonder why!? and also cheer animation must be "toned" down?

And NO Alextrasza, Ysera, Sylvanas models for female Night elves please!!!!

As for Illidan's model, still it uses the current male night elf skeleton and same horrible animations, the skin they made for him looks great on the other hand; as for the claws people keep asking for night elves, I think Illidan has clawed hands and feet because that is a trait demon hunters share?

From WoWWiki about Demon Hunters

"Their appearance has changed to something frightening: The exact changes vary, but can include glowing red eyes; horns; clawed feet and hands; nonfunctioning wings; cloven hooves; a spiked tail; dark skin; a deep, rumbling voice; and similar cosmetic changes. The demon hunter becomes an outsider."
    Last edited by elendil; 2013-10-26 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typos :P

Pleasantly and realistically looking models. All I want.

Hoping they will be done this century.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just typed out everything for the models that I would like to see for each race...

but then i thought...

"Sideboob."

All I have to say is that if they take away forsaken's exposed bones or change the female forsaken casting animation I'm going to scream so loud they'll hear me at Blizzard HQ. Options are cool though. Oh and more features in which female forsaken don't have glowing eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    what you want is them cutesy sexy out of combat and feral, savage, mean motherfucker sin combat, .. but they'd also need a few stories that portray them as such.. meaning that the Nelf impressions are more story than model related
    No, what I want is them shown as Grom Hellscream first described them:

Warsong Orc: Women. They're women!
    Grom Hellscream: Yes. They almost look like elves, but they're far to tall, and far too savage.
    Grom Hellscream: These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors.
    What we have now is no more savage than a butterfly, and barely taller than humans.

As for the male models... I'd be happy if they just gave them a permanent 20% size increase. I have a constant supply of firewater on my warrior, just to a) make him the correct height for a Night Elf and b) fix his walking animation - turns out slowing it down by 20% makes it half-decent

realistically, they'll look exactly the same as the old modes, concept-wise, but with better quality of shape and more expressive movements.

ideally, I want them to let me choose if I want my bones exposed or not as an undead player.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by elendil View Post
    People keep saying that they want new Night Elf models to look like Malfurion, Tyrande!

Thing is that Mal's and Tyrande's models are not "new" ones, they just remade the skins for those models!

Malfurion still has the same skeleton that all current night elf males have, the same horrible animations etc. Tyrande's model skeleton is exactly the same as all current female night elves and she does not have proper fingers; she has the same hands the rest of the female night elves have, except they added nails. The only different thing on Tyrande's model is the face and the fact that they actually added fangs to her (also Tyrande does not blink..).

What I want is better casting animations for male night elves (completely different animations when casting wrath, hearthstone, summoning etc. My god, what were they thinking when they made that casting animation??), a lot more fluent (like pandaren) and please oh please fix the walking style of male night elves....what the hell is up with that??? I like the female animations(casting ones), bounce animation must be removed, clap animation must be made look normal, another one that makes me wonder why!? and also cheer animation must be "toned" down?

And NO Alextrasza, Ysera, Sylvanas models for female Night elves please!!!!

As for Illidan's model, still it uses the current male night elf skeleton and same horrible animations, the skin they made for him looks great on the other hand; as for the claws people keep asking for night elves, I think Illidan has clawed hands and feet because that is a trait demon hunters share?

From WoWWiki about Demon Hunters

"Their appearance has changed to something frightening: The exact changes vary, but can include glowing red eyes; horns; clawed feet and hands; nonfunctioning wings; cloven hooves; a spiked tail; dark skin; a deep, rumbling voice; and similar cosmetic changes. The demon hunter becomes an outsider."
    Demon hunters have extremely long claws. Tyrande was given black talons on her new model as well.
    Here's a Night Elf from concept art depicting their claws.

This isn't because he's a Druid of the Claw, this is a Druid of the Claw.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Elven eyebrows.. I like how they have an idle twitch.. i'd like them to be a bit more expressive, the night elf ones included. I hope they do night elf and blood elf models together

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the need for new models. The current chars look just fine.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Really panscape? you don't find that image of the night elf posted by Yig really cool and you can't see how disgustingly outdated that Tauren posted by Tankbug? look at the tauren's fur? look at it's hooves and hands/fingers? look how outdated the face looks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Demon hunters have extremely long claws. Tyrande was given black talons on her new model as well.
    Here's a Night Elf from concept art depicting their claws.

This isn't because he's a Druid of the Claw, this is a Druid of the Claw.
    Well that's odd... I just noticed that both in the concept art and the artwork the night elf has 4 fingers, not 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Really panscape? you don't find that image of the night elf posted by Yig really cool and you can't see how disgustingly outdated that Tauren posted by Tankbug? look at the tauren's fur? look at it's hooves and hands/fingers? look how outdated the face looks
    Don't bother with Panscape, just look through his post history. Whatever Blizzard does is perfect and doesn't need improvement at all ever for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I really don't see the need for new models. The current chars look just fine.
    But fine is not enough when the surroundings keep getting better. The old human and dwarf models look totally out of place in Pandaria even with shiny armor. The animations are so stiff and so little polygons and textures on the faces/hair.

Deleted
    what you want is them cutesy sexy out of combat and feral, savage, mean motherfucker sin combat, .. but they'd also need a few stories that portray them as such.. meaning that the Nelf impressions are more story than model related
    Fully agreed with this. Let's be honest now, it's mostly about the story the problem for night elves. It's like Chucky the doll. Dolls are nice... yet it was Chucky's story that made people fear him which shows that even cute and not evil-looking stuff can be made scary, feral, evil.

Night elves are treated like purple humans, this is why they're not savage. As an extent, worgen have a savage looking model... yet because they haven't been present in story much they don't really strike me as feral and savage either, so same problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    It's going to be a lot of "fun" seeing new shiny smoothly animated npc's and players everywhere instead of the 2004 ancients we have now.
    Completely agree with this. The models look very dated now, especially seeing what the existing and upcoming competition has to offer. I don't want realistic models like GW2 has, but an update is in order.
    I also believe that having a better, more life like character (not realistic) helps to feel more attachment to that character and adds immersion.

I want chest hair for blood elf males...

oh who am i kiddin...:<

anyways.. i dont expect that much. cuz frankly whatever they do it can only become better then what most looks like right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I only wish they get delivered to us soon. And by "soon" I don't mean Blizzard's definition of it.

A lot of people bitch about how Blizz better give them customization, or better not change this animation, or whatever, but I don't think Blizz can give us anything worse than what we already have. As far as I'm concerned, updated models is just a complimentary gift or a bonus that will come alongside the next expansion or whatever they'll be packaged with.