Is there something wrong with the tempest spec?

So i got into rift with the raptr promotion, tried warrior since im normally a ranged in mmos and wanted and change and when i unlocked storm legion via the promotion saw the tempest soul and fell back to my roots and tried this ranged lightning themed warrior.
    I'm currently about to hit lvl.59, storm legion leveling kind of put me off for a while just because its such a slog, but still enjoying the class, but i cannot say i have ever encountered another tempest and i saw a lot of people leveling due to so many brought in by the free to play boom. Lots of everything else but never a single tempest beside myself.
    So why is that?

Is it criminally underpowered? or just considered boring to play by most players?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i got into rift with the raptr promotion, tried warrior since im normally a ranged in mmos and wanted and change and when i unlocked storm legion via the promotion saw the tempest soul and fell back to my roots and tried this ranged lightning themed warrior.
    I'm currently about to hit lvl.59, storm legion leveling kind of put me off for a while just because its such a slog, but still enjoying the class, but i cannot say i have ever encountered another tempest and i saw a lot of people leveling due to so many brought in by the free to play boom. Lots of everything else but never a single tempest beside myself.
    So why is that?

Is it criminally underpowered? or just considered boring to play by most players?
    Tempest is pretty weak. Other specs blow it away DPS-wise. I believe there is a RS/Tempest Hybrid that is ok, but still mostly melee just deals with disconnect better. Not really an expert on Warrior though. I think Paragon os what most warriors use for it's superior ST DPS.

It's incredibly boring to play. I don't care if it did 2x the damage...it's just not fun.